Close

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 44
  1. #11
    Senior Member Kylt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    GMT+9
    Posts
    1,193
    Tournaments Joined
    7
    Tournaments Won
    0
    I'm in!
    IGN: Kyltz

  2. #12
    Senior Member msaf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Prague, Czechia
    Posts
    171
    Tournaments Joined
    0
    Tournaments Won
    0
    It is interesting, but i doubt it is enough to create a challenging AI.
    I suggest slight cheats, like knowing which cards are in the players deck, would help a lot and would simplify calculations.
    Depending on the campaign setup, it may be more levelling of the field than a cheat, unless the fights are completely random, the player will have an idea what she is going against and can even advantageously setup her deck.

  3. #13
    Senior Member Super Grover's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    PA, USA
    Posts
    476
    Tournaments Joined
    0
    Tournaments Won
    0
    It sounds awesome. I'd be interested.

    One thing definitely should be is like Danae said attacking allies first. Also a variety of decks for the AI to choose from, as they are too predictable now and now variety so when you're facing Elad or Gwen it's the same deck over and over. I mean with new cards it would make for different styles (Aggro, control) or diff types (solo or allied) or even different Tribes.

    And more than 5 on the map or at least a random five every time you enter the world.
    Proud Member of ETC Guild!
    Enjoying The Camaraderie

    IGN: ETC SuperGrover

  4. #14
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    72
    Tournaments Joined
    0
    Tournaments Won
    0
    What about using a combination of Decisions Trees and Minimax?

    The Decision Tree is used to guide the strategy. E.g. Kill allies (or a specific ally), go for hero, fill up hand, etc.
    This influences the score function for Minimax. E.g. Number of cards in hand are scored very high, damage to other hero very low. Or if the other hero is close to death, then that damage would be scored much higher.
    Then the Minimax takes over and calculates the move with the highest scoring outcome.

    Depending on the guidance by the Decision Tree, the AI plays a different strategy based on the situation.
    Last edited by the_MUKe; 05-01-2014 at 10:06 AM.

  5. #15
    Senior Member Alzorath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Youtube (GMT-√(i))
    Posts
    1,410
    Tournaments Joined
    0
    Tournaments Won
    0
    Definitely interested... though I would definitely recommend adding a 'probability' tool to the tree (ie "if situation X = true ( 75% chance of action A, 25% chance of Action B ); else (25% chance of Action A, 75% chance of Action C ) - would allow for making "newbie" AIs that randomly make mistakes... or potentially allowing for random 'long-shot' plays.

  6. #16
    DP Visionary a player's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    New England, United States GMT-4
    Posts
    1,810
    Tournaments Joined
    0
    Tournaments Won
    0
    I'm interested in this, too.
    Least active member of: ETC (Ended There by Chance)
    Account for Gondorian to transfer Shadow Crystals to: m0ghedian

  7. #17
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    MI, USA
    Posts
    42
    Tournaments Joined
    0
    Tournaments Won
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Rayzie View Post
    Will you be able to play your AI vs someone else's? I think that would make it most interesting.
    I would be pretty fun to have an AI tournament. Just some preliminary thoughts. Use pre fabricated decks, ie: the hero packs currently available. Create some sort of round robin where each of the two AI plays each hero. Since it would be automated it would be easy to do the best of 3, or best of 5 per hero etc.

  8. #18
    Senior Member D-Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    111
    Tournaments Joined
    1
    Tournaments Won
    0
    Interesting. Count me in!

    A1 AGENTofSITH
    -The Eternal Acolyte of A1-

    "Those who fear the darkness have never seen what the light can do."

  9. #19
    DP Visionary FDL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    4,188
    Tournaments Joined
    3
    Tournaments Won
    0
    Sounds neat. I'd give it a try.

    I loved meddling with the Neverwinter Nights AI.
    FDL TV!

    Channel | Thread | Twitter
    Deck Techs, Game Commentary, Replay Analysis and more!

    FDL Tips: The Metagame, Balance and You || Empty Hands
    LL Decklists: Serena || Elementalis

  10. #20
    Senior Member Jo3yb0i's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    3,491
    Tournaments Joined
    20
    Tournaments Won
    2
    I'm all up for a ter adun that doesn't blow its own items
    "Try and try until you die...or succeed...whichever comes first"

    Jo3yb0i - Knight of Dark and Light
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn


    Drawing Power - A Brief Analysis of Draw Cards

    My PM | <(^.^)> | Helpful Links | <(^.^)> | IRC | <(^.^)> | IRC + Game | <(^.^)> | SE DeckBuilder

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •