Close

Page 13 of 21 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Don't get us wrong, we are cool with a new battlefield but we don't want a HS' board.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Colosal View Post
    Don't get us wrong, we are cool with a new battlefield but we don't want a HS' board.
    Exactly.

And Kyle, it sounds like some of the things you want to change are great ideas. Like making it more visual with mouseovers for full cards and etc. Making it more intuitive.

But that looks EXACTLY like the Hearthstone board. It'd be terrible.

Maybe since war is a big theme in SE, make it more of a battlefield appearance? Would fit well with the campaign mode.

W
    White Wolf of Rivia
    Warrior of the Blue Pheonix
    Greatness, Reborn

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Skurai View Post
    Came and took a second glance today...
    It still looks pretty bad, please enhance the current board configuration and forget this HS ripoff.
    I'm afraid this will ruin the whole game
    It would ruin it for me...but I'll hold off worrying about it right now because even if wulven were 99.5% finished with this 3D battlefield, it is still likely at least 3 years away...
    Avenger of Valhalla
    Warriors of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I believe i am one of the very old players here. I have witnessed the rise of SE, when it was voted top game etc, i habe been here around the mistake of physical cards (backed up with more than 500€ at summ) and i was also around when more TCGs cane up, but due to the fact that i use almost exclusively mobile, i remained a fan of SE and only that

As a liberal i support Kyle's right to make the game however he wants. It is his product and he isnt obligated to share/explain any changes. This is the law of free market. I have had similar discussions with my fellow guildmates sometimes. And as a product we either like it or not. Simple! If there was ever a vote on when/how to change facebook, we would only habe "no" as a vote cause noone ever likes something completely different. Butt in the end we do use it!! Ofc SE is nt facebook cause it has many bigger rivals. We will see how it goes..That much as about Kyle's defence

On the other hand this isnt a voting anyway, so no need to say we dont need votes. This could be taken as a poll of customers. I havent played Herthstone yet. I will in the future when it is more popular at mobile platforms. The screenshots seem terribly poor (at least on mob). SE is sooo much more enviromental!!! The game is sooo cool and by no means can be compared with HS (at least from what i can judge by a screenshot)

So the question is: ok u want to change your product. We respect your choice and we have faith (at least some of us..) that u know what u r doing and wouldnt risk destroying it
    - Why make the whole game so much smaller and so NOT comparible with mobiles? SE's initial triumph was due to being oriemtated for mobiles, no? This frame is only compatible with large screens. Noone can spend time to search all these details at the way you describe. And noone can "drag n drop" at mobiles. The example with attachment checking is just so bad when we picture it. U forget that there is no mouse pad at mobiles...

- Why "lose" so much space by dead areas?? It hurts our eyes and it deprives us from our biggest satisfaction which is the artwork itself

- Why make your product look like another one, especially when the other one looks so bad??

S O :
    - Please go back to your timeschedule that has already been delayed for so much time (lucky for me cause Omega-DP is on its final way!! Ok that was a spoiler..!)
    - Please bring all those OTHER stuff that we already announce that we want MORE than the 3d screen. Avatars , tourneys, bugs, cards etc. And when u do just focus on the next set!!!

Ps: note that this post may be the best post you have on your side so far. Note that no other post backed up the idea of the new art. If u do want to change smth then by all means do, for the survivability of the game as u said, but at least produce smth better, not smth worse for god's sake!!!

Ps2: i think the card is Resolve of Ellos but on my mob it looks so little and i cant be sure...
    Spartan guardian of A1

Holder of:
    -Highest rate in history of SE trueskill,401pts
    -Highest winstreak in SE (40 wins)
    -2 #1 in ladder
    -Most top10s achieved in ladder
    -Winner of biggest tourney ever held in SE, SlugfestIV
    -#4 in WC2017
    -Member of all PFGs
    -Member of the 1st podcast of SE, State of the Era
    -Author of A1 project Omega

-Member of A1 Leadership

- A1 : Evolution in theory

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Honestly? I like the design. Though it could use some changes to not be exactly like Hearthstone. For example: keep the monuments on the bottow left and top right, and use the bottom right and top left to place the deck and resource pile.

I also agree with Kyle that the interface needs a major update. Also, it needs to be waaaaaay faster. In MMDoC, hearthstone, Solforge, Hex, ... an action takes only a few seconds to to execute. In Shadow Era, you need 30 seconds just to play your turn. It needs to be way faster, smoother.

That said, maybe it shouldn't be the top priority to update the battleground, although in my honest opinion it certainly doesn't hurt.

Also, Kyle, I've made many support threads years ago, and now when even your own design team/community manager are posting constructive feedback instead of pure Wulven defence, it might be a good idea to take these criticisms to heart. They aren't made out of hatred, but out of love.
    iClipse - A1's Twilight Manipulator - A1 : Evolution in Theory
    Part of PFG

• My psychiatrist told me I was crazy and I said I want a second opinion. He said okay, you're ugly too.

• Just remember...if the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off.

• With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.

• I used to be indecisive. Now I'm not sure.

• A diplomat is someone who can tell you to go to hell in such a way that you will look forward to the trip.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by A1 Otto7 View Post
    note that this post may be the best post you have on your side so far...but at least produce smth better, not smth worse for god's sake!!!
    When this is the BEST post in favor of this, I think Kyle knows how the community feels.
    Avenger of Valhalla
    Greatness, Reborn

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by iClipse View Post
    Honestly? I like the design. Though it could use some changes to not be exactly like Hearthstone. For example: keep the monuments on the bottow left and top right, and use the bottom right and top left to place the deck and resource pile.

I also agree with Kyle that the interface needs a major update. Also, it needs to be waaaaaay faster. In MMDoC, hearthstone, Solforge, Hex, ... an action takes only a few seconds to to execute. In Shadow Era, you need 30 seconds just to play your turn. It needs to be way faster, smoother.

That said, maybe it shouldn't be the top priority to update the battleground, although in my honest opinion it certainly doesn't hurt.

Also, Kyle, I've made many support threads years ago, and now when even your own design team/community manager are posting constructive feedback instead of pure Wulven defence, it might be a good idea to take these criticisms to heart. They aren't made out of hatred, but out of love.
    ^^^This...I LOVE this game and our community!
    Avenger of Valhalla
    Greatness, Reborn

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    The corners where the 3d models are , can be used to function as graveyards and resrouces piles , you can make purchasable custom graveyard/res.pile models to make money .

But how custom playmat works in the new battlefield ?
    It's always good to go back to your previous achievement and realize how mediocre it was , because it means that you have improved a lot since that time

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I guess this actually is my first post on the SE forums.

Somehow I'm really starting to question Your competence Kyle, either that or You don't love the game as much as the community does.
    I mean really?! A cheap HearthStone ripoff is that. Full stop.
    And You even criticize your loyal design team member and community manager for giving constructive, intelligent feedback and telling You in NICE WORDS that Your 3D board layout is just stupid?
    How can You deny the obvious similarities, really. Or are You just that naive.

In 2010/11ish I fell in love with this game, with its lovely artworks and nice mechanics.

But THIS hurts. It makes me feel like there is no love from Wulven for this game. Like You only see this as a source of income. It's the same way I have no respect for all the devs that clone popular games only to try to get a piece of the cake.

I don't want to see this beautiful game end up in that league. I don't think You really need to do stuff like this.

I hope You can for once take feedback to heart, maybe just be GRATEFUL for all the different opinions Your loving community is so eager to share with You.

hoping for the best (and also apologising for maybe some harsh words I dropped),
    ub3rprogmr
    Last edited by ub3rprogmr; 04-29-2014 at 06:19 PM.

DP Visionary
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Count my vote as yet another against the proposed re-design shown in the original post. I'm absolutely supportive of the interface being updated to be more stylish and sexy, but what is shown is so far from what I would have imagined. There's just so many aspects of it that don't work for me:

-As has been stated repeatedly, the design is pretty clearly a knock-off of Hearthstone's design. You'll open up the floodgates for the outside crowd to cry out how SE ripped-off HS, which can only be unhealthy for the game. First impressions count for a lot. When new players are going to make their decision based on a screen shot of HS and a screenshot of SE, which game are they more likely to choose... the one made by the highly-recognized and highly-regarded Blizzard, or the one made by the much smaller Wulven? But if SE has a unique style and visual design that separates it from HS, you can entice new player's by showing them that SE provides them an experience that they can't get from HS.

-I dislike how the visual representation of weapons and armors on the board is very different from the visual representation of all the other cards on the board. Allies are cards, support abilities are cards, weapons / armors are cards. So why aren't they displayed on the board in the same manner? It's completely unintuitive to have cards visually represented in different ways simply because they're of different types. I'd even argue that heroes should still be depicted as actual cards (despite having different mechanics than all the other cards), because of the way attachment cards affect them.

-What's with all the clutter in the corners and edges of the screen? What purpose does that serve? I get that something like that has worked for HS, but do we really need it in SE? Couldn't that space be put to better use (e.g. more space to lay out cards, or bigger cards, or to make the resource pile / graveyard more noticeable)? There's already enough interesting mechanics and engaging game-play happening in SE that we don't distracting fluff on the interface to make it a "cooler experience."

-Why are the cards in my hand buried and half-hidden at the bottom of the screen? The cards in my hand are at least as relevant and important (and often more so) as the cards on the board, so intuitively I would expect them to have equal real-estate on the screen.

-Overlapping cards on the board. This happens in the current version of the game, but you certainly don't have support abilities and items overlapping each other when you have a mere 4 in play. This again ties back to the use of space. Why is screen space for relevant data (i.e. the actual cards in play) being sacrificed for non-functional things like ornate borders and out-of-place terrain?
    Last edited by QuantumNinja; 04-29-2014 at 06:58 PM.