Close

Page 17 of 21 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by 1ndeed View Post
    This is just sad. I understand that you want a new UI, but there is just no need to blatantly copy Hearthstone, when Shadow Era is already a superior game in terms of its depth as a TCG. The question for Kyle now is simple. Does he want to market toward new players or loyal fans? The Hearthstone layout will attract new players to download the app and sink money into the game, but will discourage veteran players; if I tell someone I'm playing a great game on mobile and show them the app, they will laugh it off as a Hearthstone imitation.

Kyle has somehow dodged some key questions in this thread, so I think they deserve to be asked directly and pointedly:

1) Do you think the proposed UI is a blatant ripoff of Hearthstone? (Don't give me the MTG and Hex comparison. Answer the question.)

2) Do you care about the opinions of your loyal players? (There are almost no positive opinions in this thread.)

3) Don't you think it's unethical to leave kickstarter backers waiting for such a ridiculously long time with broken promises? Shouldn't this be your priority?

I would have worded it politer, as Wulven have good intentions of bettering the SE product for it's users.
    It's understandable we are very interested in the answers to these questions, as it exposes the development priority may not be on the campaign, 2 vs 2, SF delivery, and other promised kick starter material.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by QuantumNinja View Post
    I agree with most of your points, but I wanted to comment on the part in bold.

I think making the interface look too much like the one in HS can also have the effect of pushing away new players who already play HS. If SE looks just like HS, new players may get the impression that SE plays just like HS.

If they're already happy playing HS, they're probably going to stick with it and ignore SE because superficially it looks like the same game.

If they're not happy with HS and looking for something different, they're probably going to ignore SE because superficially it looks like the same game.

Having a fresh and unique interface that stands out in its own way is the best way to drawn in new players, in my opinion.

If they can immediately understand that SE offers them a different experience than they cannot get in HS, you can capture their interest much more easily. Having a unique interface is probably the best way to make that kind of first impression.

Very good point as well. Copying Blizzard will hurt Wulven's image big time for to the serious gaming community imo.

__________S K U R A I___________

*****************THE CURSED PROSECUTOR*****************

Warriors of the Blue Phoenix, Greatness Reborn.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by ShrapnelFox View Post
    I would have worded it politer, as Wulven have good intentions of bettering the SE product for it's users.
    It's understandable we are very interested in the answers to these questions, as it exposes the development priority may not be on the campaign, 2 vs 2, SF delivery, and other promised kick starter material.
    I mean no disrespect. I played this game seriously for a long time, and sank money into it. I dont want to see one of the deepest mobile tcgs go down in flames bc of Kyles poor judgment. But he is ignoring the influx of negative feedback on this forum and on facebook, and dodging key questions by other loyal fans and friends. So I asked direct questions.
    A1 1ndeed - The Black Lotus of A1 - A1: Evolution in Theory

And who are you, the proud lord said, that I must bow so low?
    Only a cat of a different coat, that's all the truth I know.
    In a coat of gold, or a coat of red, a lion still has claws;
    And mine are long and sharp, my lord, as long and sharp as yours.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Unfortunately I don't have the time to respond to all the questions here, but rest assured that I've read every post and value your opinions.

What might have been lost on you guys is that this change is in early development, at a time where nearly everything can change. We're experimenting with lots of changes to find out what works best. But don't worry, the end result will be something great and distinctly Shadow Era!

We've made a lot of progress recently, and will post a video of the new features early next week. As a heads up, the latest design we've moved towards is having everything remain in card form (no masked images for hero and weapons), the bottom corners removed and replaced with your deck and graveyard similar to how it is in the game now (the enemy's version is off the screen and will be represented by gui icons), and a more realistic design style for the board like mtg or hex yet retaining the top 3d corners and the specific placements of the hero and weapon/armor...

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    Unfortunately I don't have the time to respond to all the questions here, but rest assured that I've read every post and value your opinions.

What might have been lost on you guys is that this change is in early development, at a time where nearly everything can change. We're experimenting with lots of changes to find out what works best. But don't worry, the end result will be something great and distinctly Shadow Era!

We've made a lot of progress recently, and will post a video of the new features early next week. As a heads up, the latest design we've moved towards is having everything remain in card form (no masked images for hero and weapons), the bottom corners removed and replaced with your deck and graveyard similar to how it is in the game now (the enemy's version is off the screen and will be represented by gui icons), and a more realistic design style for the board like mtg or hex yet retaining the top 3d corners and the specific placements of the hero and weapon/armor...

That sounds a lot better. Looking forward to the video

__________S K U R A I___________

*****************THE CURSED PROSECUTOR*****************

Warriors of the Blue Phoenix, Greatness Reborn.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post

I'll be looking forward to that video.
    iClipse - A1's Twilight Manipulator - A1 : Evolution in Theory
    Part of PFG

• My psychiatrist told me I was crazy and I said I want a second opinion. He said okay, you're ugly too.

• Just remember...if the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off.

• With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.

• I used to be indecisive. Now I'm not sure.

• A diplomat is someone who can tell you to go to hell in such a way that you will look forward to the trip.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    To be honest it was a relief to read your latest post Kyle
    Best Regards,

Bobbypim
    [ Warwizard of the Jutland Plains ]

Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn
    ( Read about my guild )

IGN: BP Bobbypim

Card designs:
    Dwarven Aid | Undead Siege | Viking Storm | Heroes Rising | Coming of Dragons
    Trackers of Night | Keystones

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by 1ndeed View Post
    I mean no disrespect. I played this game seriously for a long time, and sank money into it. I dont want to see one of the deepest mobile tcgs go down in flames bc of Kyles poor judgment. But he is ignoring the influx of negative feedback on this forum and on facebook, and dodging key questions by other loyal fans and friends. So I asked direct questions.
    Kudos for asking the questions that need to be asked. Hopefully they will all be answered in a timely fashion.
    Kicker of puppies, slasher of babies, and primordial Elder Lich.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Looking forward to seeing the video as well.
    Avenger of Valhalla
    Warriors of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Honestly, it looks great. The game could already be considered a clone of WoWTCG or MTG, in terms of basic game mechanics. Does that stop people from playing it? No. Quite the opposite. This will do the exact same thing. SEs old UI was great for what it was when it was released. Now it's outdated and gross compared to other games. It needs this.