Close

Page 9 of 21 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Actually, with the screenshot of the 3D battlefield in the OP, how would the exclusive digital playmats that we are supposed to get from the Kickstarter be implemented?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Good start Demnchi. Maybe we could have heroes oversized (bigger, and the weapon and the armor could partially overlap them).

The more space for cards, the better.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Of course I have considered the MTG layout route, and it wouldn't be so much of a change to what it is now (Demnchi's mockup is basically how it is now) but we have bigger plans for the 3d stuff that ties in with playmats, campaigns, and even new cards. At least hold off judgement until you see it in action from a dev video.

About the framed cards for hero and weapon, honestly I'm still on the fence about that. It may very well revert back to showing the full cards.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    There is a dev video? nice! lets see

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    It's very interesting to hear about all this work being done on future features. This does give an impression that the game isn't dying, but if that's true why do we have to wait so long for all the card arts / long promised features (auction house) that are still missing in action?
    Last edited by True Life; 04-29-2014 at 07:07 AM.
    Love always looks for the best, never looks back, and keeps going until the end. Love is not self seeking. Love doesn't keep track of others wrongs. Love is patient and kind; isn't proud or rude; not easily angered; does not delight in evil; always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. All who learn from the Father come to ___.

Love rejoices in the truth.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    I still hope it's some kind of joke...

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    Of course I have considered the MTG layout route, and it wouldn't be so much of a change to what it is now (Demnchi's mockup is basically how it is now) but we have bigger plans for the 3d stuff that ties in with playmats, campaigns, and even new cards. At least hold off judgement until you see it in action from a dev video.

About the framed cards for hero and weapon, honestly I'm still on the fence about that. It may very well revert back to showing the full cards.
    I was more or less going for the table top feel, they wouldn't be floating in space (like they are now) but be on a surface that is clearly in some type of room. But I won't contest it further.
    Was the Leader of Acolytes of A1

A1's Dimensional Eyes in the Sky
    A1 Alliance: Evolution in Theory
    PFG3 Leader

Was Shadow Era Community Manager

Sota, The Switch Axe Monster Hunter

"When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all."
    "Humans fight to secure peace as they envision it. The trouble is, everyone's vision is different." - Ringabel

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post

In the mean time, what is happening with automated tournaments? There was preview on the stream way back in November. And please don't say its 99% done.
    Retired Card Game Designer

“Let the future tell the truth, and evaluate each one according to his work and accomplishments.
    The present is theirs; the future, for which I have really worked, is mine”
    ― Nikola Tesla

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Most of the heartstone "copy" layout works except for the towers and spiderwebs, they take too much space
    Heartstone is stilll a very simple game and doesn't need the same space. That's where the MtG HEX layout comes in, less clutter
    Combine the two: Not too much details going into the actual "old school board" area, keep some of the hearthstone details as to hero, weapon, deck holder etc, make your own adjustments for a SE style and the things you need for SE and you are a long way further than the first proposal I think.

Some examples off stuff: A shadow energy indicator like a tube or something that fills up a bit for every point you get, can start glowing when you got enough for hero ability
    A ressource tower or structure like that: as you sacc more and more cards the tower develops visually with a number on the side to indicate actual size. But the two very close to each other and you can see the one player having a ressource advantage over the other kinda looming over the other guys small tower, you get the drift
    Golden Knight of Nee
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    The automated tournaments are now 99.5% done and coming soon

Seriously though, the next update is a major bugfix marathon that hopes to solve almost all of the outstanding known issues, as well as adding reconnection to games, which is really needed once we start charging entry fees for tournaments. I'm not going to hazard a release date guess, but this as well as tournaments are scheduled for the next live update but will make an appearance on the test server first. We don't only work on one thing at a time, as 3d battlefields are still many months off.