Close

Page 7 of 21 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Gondorian View Post
    I really hope this is some kind of clever Kyle troll post (he is the Troll King), designed to provoke support for the current system.
    He has my support for the current system
    Avenger of Valhalla
    Warriors of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Well... i think its a troll post if maj has an SS.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    This definitely IS the 1st April in Wulven time.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I realize some of the long-time players here might be opposed to changing the game away from what they are used to. But the simple fact of the matter is that we have to improve the visuals of the game in order to compete.

As I said before, the board layout and specific design are in the early development stage. But I've played the game with this layout, and with the simple changes we've made to hover popups and drag and drop and a few new effects, already it is leaps and bounds better than what it was before. Rest assured that we'll be taking your feedback to heart, but the visual overhaul is a priority because it's the most important thing to the longevity of the game right now.

This is indeed happening, so if you want to make constructive suggestions to help improve the design, then I'm certainly listening!

PS it is wholly inappropriate for a design team member and the community manager to express such distaste of their company's direction in a public forum. Nice way to show team spirit, guys.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I don't think the complaint of the majority is that there is a visual overhaul. It's the fact that it looks like a copy of Hearthstone. I think there are ways to approach this without making it look like a clone of a popular game that has recently been released which is in the same genre.

Last edited by danae; 04-29-2014 at 02:34 AM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Now post a screenshot of MTG and Hex

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    I realize some of the long-time players here might be opposed to changing the game away from what they are used to. But the simple fact of the matter is that we have to improve the visuals of the game in order to compete.

As I said before, the board layout and specific design are in the early development stage. But I've played the game with this layout, and with the simple changes we've made to hover popups and drag and drop and a few new effects, already it is leaps and bounds better than what it was before. Rest assured that we'll be taking your feedback to heart, but the visual overhaul is a priority because it's the most important thing to the longevity of the game right now.

This is indeed happening, so if you want to make constructive suggestions to help improve the design, then I'm certainly listening!

PS it is wholly inappropriate for a design team member and the community manager to express such distaste of their company's direction in a public forum. Nice way to show team spirit, guys.
    If this is truly real, then where will Hero, Weapon and Armor attachments go?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Attachments are still placed under the card, but hidden from view. When you mouseover the hero you see an enlarged view of the full card along with the attachments behind it, and you can click on the hero to view them in detail like in the current system. Perhaps there will need to be an indicator icon that the hero has an attachment on it so that you don't forget.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by AnomalousT View Post
    If this is truly real, then where will Hero, Weapon and Armor attachments go?
    Weapon and Armor are on each side of the Hero. You know, like in Heartstone. (ok they don't have Armor in HS)
    FDL TV!

Channel | Thread | Twitter
    Deck Techs, Game Commentary, Replay Analysis and more!

FDL Tips: The Metagame, Balance and You || Empty Hands
    LL Decklists: Serena || Elementalis

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by danae View Post
    I don't think the complaint of the majority is that there is a visual overhaul. It's the fact that it looks like a copy of Hearthstone. I think there are ways to approach this without making it look like a clone of a popular game that has recently been released which is in the same genre.

As I have never played Hearthstone (not on Android yet) I didn't realise that they were so similar. Yeah, that's not a good move.
    Extra Tough Claws - Proud Member of ETC

Articles | Decklist | Fan Fiction

Shadow Era Art Thread | PB @ DeviantArt

PFG Member | I've been interviewed!