Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Geckt's DPCM [DP Control Majiya]

Hello folks once again, here's another contribution inspired by some of my fave players who are still using nice old but wicked CotC cards.

This deck is definitely more forgiving to newer players who enjoys playing the same class I loved most. Much like the old CotC control mage build I've posted long loooonnnng time ago for the CotC only environment which I think should be a good read still if you're not familiar with burn control deck builds. So check that deck out before you try the list below out first if you need a better overview of things:
    http://www.shadowera.com/showthread....Majiya-Control

Now, this time the deck is tuned much more for Dark Prophecies and only with a little more added BoUnCe and wider range of ally traffic control to it. The changes I have with the allies here looks like a lot but the basic concept is still just about the same old stuff.
    (I don't mean Hip Hop or Lowriders when I say bounce, but, it's just as fun. )

Majiya(40+1 hero)

Allies- 17cards
    4x Ironhide Karash
    1x Carniboar
    3x Death Mage Thaddeus
    3x Infernal Gargoyle
    3x Death Collector
    3x Darkwood Wraiths

Items & Abilities 21
    4x Fireball
    4x Lightning Strike
    3x Supernova
    3x Tome of Knowledge
    3x Shriek of Vengeance
    2x Consuming Fear
    2x Sacrificial Lamb

Weapons 2
    2x Dagger of Unmaking

So, now for the obligatory explanations of some of the cards in the list is for;
    SoV: For portal decks, pesky warriors with weapons. switch to Acid Jet if it's weapons you feared most instead.

DC: Mage face offs, they're great attention seekers and good if you need that something extra to stop ally recursions in the opponents' graveyard.

CF: Self explantory as well, slap it on Sandworms or other hard hitting allies to soften them.

Boars: solely for going first, or add 1brutalis for going 2nd. ( My idea is to have 5 2cc allies so I'd be able to have higher chance of dropping one in each game.)

Also a short list possible swaps for better budget to newer players to build the deck for a start.

3x Supernova for 3x Clinging Webs (If you are just tight on budget or hated the pain inflicted to you by nova.)
    or
    +2 Consuming Fears and +1 Clinging Web

-2 Tok for 2 Sac Lambs, leaving 1ToK and + 1Ley Line Nexus (For their King's Pride!) in the deck if you face warriors often for faster and better drawing effeciency.

Enjoy,
    Geckt signing out.
    Last edited by Geckt; 04-24-2014 at 07:12 PM.
    Geckt - The Midnight Hunter
    Ign:BP Geckt
    Warriors of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn
    1st in Meet and Beat Meltdown Physical Tournament
    Our Guild Recruitment Thread

FAQs For New Players
    SE digital foil Trading Group

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Looks really solid Geckt. I'll try it out. I only have one question though, no Sever Ties for Rapid Fire, SS, BF, Enrage etc?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    @LF: If you were to follow the ally count on the previous build it will bring you down to about 15 allies giving you just the right amount of allies still if you're comfortable with that.
    And with that my choices of removal cards will be this 5 cards: 3Acid Jet 2Sever Ties.
    Last edited by Geckt; 04-25-2014 at 10:13 PM.
    Geckt - The Midnight Hunter
    Ign:BP Geckt
    Warriors of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn
    1st in Meet and Beat Meltdown Physical Tournament
    Our Guild Recruitment Thread

FAQs For New Players
    SE digital foil Trading Group