Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Majiya the mistress of pyre

Hello everyone.
    I'm new in the forum and wanted to share my majiya deck also looking for criticism !

Background story: A renowned pyromancer roaming the land, Majiya was originally from human allience . But her tremendous thirst for vengeance corrupted her and made her change the alliance . With her devastating abilities to summon vaporizing flame she wreck havoc in the enemy rank. On dire situations she even call a massive beam of fire which is said to instantly burn any single foe!!!

Hero: Majiya[1]

Ally :[14]
    fire snake X 3
    Gargoyle X 3
    DMT X 3
    Morbid Acolyte X 2
    Plasma Behemoth X 3

Ability:[12]
    fireball X 4
    lightning strike X 4
    supernova X 2
    meteor X 2

Support:[12]
    shriek X 2
    LLN X 2
    sever ties X 2
    tome of knowledge X 4
    bloodthirsty X 2

Weapon:[2]
    dagger of unmaking x 2

Total : 41

Now little about cards:
    Fire snake : The best 1 cc drop for majiya. counter kris, black garb. wrath of the forest and with her ability fs can effectively kill all 4 hp ally[except gargoyle] ,can help to kill raven with suicidal attack and then nova .other than that one of best card for sac .

Gargoyle : shadow's 3 cc mammoth , can effectively servive and with BT it can wreck havoc

DMT : he got the best 3 cc entry damage, that ping with majiya 's ability can control the board effectively on T4. counter of stealth and crippling blow and even retreat is a waste on him ,exel against any weapon /armor base deck.

MA : ahh , who said sandworm is tank , i can kill it with ma and hero ability / lightning or meteor lol. other than that pesky Night owl and karash wont bother anymore
    PB : in one word 'beast '' can do 7 dmg and with BT it can even draw like maniac if not killed or disabled [likely]

fire ball : 3cc for 4 dmg , I dont use it on ally , more over sac one if u get more than 2 in first hand
    LS : awesome card for board controll even hurts opposing hero ,so use as u like.normally I dont use when hero is alone
    Supernova : ultimate weapon but it hurt u as well and majiya has no heal option
    Meteor: counter rush. with majiya 's ability it can burn and wipe an entire army w/o affecting mine. Many may say nova is better and meteor can slow the pace of hero dmg [it actually can't dmg opponents hero] i'll totally agree with them but my my point is[1] none of my ally also can handle nova either,[2] majiya got no heal at all . so i split nova and meteor x 2

Shriek: sac 1 if u got 2 in opening, dont sac against darkclaw , mages and rouges . i don't use it early bc of resource reduction . only using it against WBT, Wizent's staff, Igg [ also book of curse and war banner but don't see them much] never use on bazaar just enjoy it. also I don't use on tome of knowledge or antimatter bc i can outdraw outdraw with ability and BT.

LLN: weapon/armor removal with can trip. I mainly use against ankle breaker, soul seeker , king's pride and SPELL EATER BAND.

Sever ties : mainly against frenzy , enrage,speed-strike and rapid-fire of opponent or crippling and now u r mine for own ally [especially PB], if u use it against enrage use it on last moment when opponent got only 10 hp left.

Tome of knowledge: all mage deck auto include 4,best draw engine for mages.

Bloodthirsty: I love this card soooooo much. 3 purpose [1] sac it , [2] one extra dmg is game breaking and opponent focus on it so much that he/she always overkill it ; i even used it on fire snake for to kill a PB after using my ability on it and then it became so much threat that opponent used fireball to kill it.[3] draw engine, it can potentially help clearing board and excessive draw with PB's double source of dmg, even if it can kill one before destroy it serve purpose effectively.

DOU : in one word ' board control', watch out karash and sandworm though.

I know i'm just an avg player but just wanted to share my deck . all suggestion and critisism welcome. Ty in advance.

[ ps: My english is bad (3rd language) , please bear with it]

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Hey, welcome to the forums!

Your deck looks fine. I might swap Fire Snake with Ironhide Karash unless you're really seeing A LOT of Black Garb. Even if it was the case, I think I'd play Brutalis over FS. If you're not rushing, I don't think FS is optimal.

Other than that, you have a lot of tech cards (ST, SoV, LLN) for my taste. I like to limit them to 3-4, but that's just my style.
    FDL TV!

Channel | Thread | Twitter
    Deck Techs, Game Commentary, Replay Analysis and more!

FDL Tips: The Metagame, Balance and You || Empty Hands
    LL Decklists: Serena || Elementalis

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Thnx for the suggestion fou!! Yes I don't see excessive black garb and both of ur suggestions r better! But Fs can counter Kris early and I'm always get confused when I got both tome and karash [used to use before] on t2!! Other than that both brutalis n karash got better survivality

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Tome of Knowledge is not a very good turn 2 play. You won't use it until much later and it gives your opponent the ability to destroy it before you get to draw from it.

Always play an ally over Tome.
    FDL TV!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Thnx again bro, I'll use brutalis or karash instead Fs then

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by TraxeX View Post
    Tome of knowledge: all mage deck auto include 4,best draw engine for mages.
    Actually, I don’t think that’s true.

I find that Majiya and Gravebone do very well with a 3-3 split with ToK and either Sacrificial Lamb or Bad Santa depending on the build. Majiya’s ability gives a card and GB’s is pseudo draw. A lot of them also run Shadow Knight which also helps.

For Humans, I never play ToK in Eladwen rush and I’m pretty sure the rush/Portal Nishaven decks don’t usually run 4 ToKs either. Playing Supernova or Nishaven pretty much guarantees the draw from Tainted Oracle and Treasured Heirloom so you can get by without any real draw engine (and both cards can help with board control/damage output). Rush usually doesn’t care about giving away cards so Bad Santa fits in nicely.

The new Aramia won’t play 4 ToKs either thanks to her ability.

What I’m trying to say is that it’s not wrong to play 4 ToKs, but it shouldn’t be an automatic 4 of either. I wouldn’t play any in a rush deck. I’d proably start with 3 in any non-rush and only add the 4th one in very slow controlling decks or when other options aren’t interesting (which would be surprising).

Bloodthirsty is good, I love that card, but I'd run 3 (and 4 Karash) to increase the chances of going T2 Karash T3 Bloodthirsty for a kill which can win games right then and there.

Quote Originally Posted by Fou DeLile View Post
    Always play an ally over Tome.
    That’s also not entirely true. I should never say always. Judge accordingly.
    FDL TV!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Welcome to the forums

Good write up, I would say you need more draw cards. Try Sac Lamb, which works great with crippled or disabled allies.