Close

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Attention: Kyle - Legendary Cards

This topic came up in the Warriors of the Blue Phoenix Forum (Awesome Guild/Shameless Plug-in)

One of the problems that players have is accessing Epics.
    Why not sell them for a crystal price of 100-200 crystals each?
    You guys pretty much sell the new legendary Heroes for 500 SC each. ( I know there is other incentives, like foils and alternative art, But I spend the money for the heroes mainly as foils/Alternative art doesn't really matter to me personally.)

I know most people in the guild would drop 100 crystals on a Scourge Collossus/Karlstrad/New Epics in an instant. It may be against some philosophy you guys may have, I don't know, but it is just a suggestion.

Pros.
    1. Wulven makes REAL $$$ by doing this.
    2. Players will be happier getting the cards they want, (Everyone sells their extra copies on the merchant anyways)
    3. Will Make competitive play better because all players will have access to the cards they want. As opposed to players not having cards because they don't want to gamble away their money.

Cons.
    1.Accusations of Pay to Win? But realistically, the players that are winning have already spent X amount on shadow crystals to make sure they have access to all the cards they want. Some of them just aren't willing to drop $100 on 100 shadow packs for the chance that they MAY get an epic card. (I am in this category). I know Epics are prizes, but just make those prizes foils instead so that they are more valued?
    IGN: BP SirShajir

Inquisitor of Truth
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Are you sure you don't mean legendary cards?
    Epics cost 800 gold and are easily attainable.

(Unless you're trying to play with a SF deck at this current point of time :P )

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Haha lol, actually he meant Legendary cards, specifically Scourge Colossus (who would pay 100SCs for Karlstrad? lol).

Maybe a mod can change the topic of the thread...
    Psalm 91:7 A thousand may fall at your side, ten thousand at your right hand, but it will not come near you.

Zhou - Servant of the Eternal Saviour
    Greatness, Reborn.

IGN | BP Zhou | Information on my Guild | Group | SE Players of Malaysia | Tournaments | BP Popup #37

BP Hispanic | Link a la rama hispana de BP
    SE Achievements | Full List
    Articles/Guides | FAQs for New Players and Forum Goers

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Zhou86 View Post
    Haha lol, actually he meant Legendary cards, specifically Scourge Colossus (who would pay 100SCs for Karlstrad? lol).

Maybe a mod can change the topic of the thread...
    Maybe I can.

Honestly its because of that con that I disagree with this suggestion. However, I see nothing wrong with making them easier to obtain either. The card market was supposed to make them much easier to obtain, but, yeah that's not here yet.
    Was the Leader of Acolytes of A1

A1's Dimensional Eyes in the Sky
    A1 Alliance: Evolution in Theory
    PFG3 Leader

Was Shadow Era Community Manager

Sota, The Switch Axe Monster Hunter

"When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all."
    "Humans fight to secure peace as they envision it. The trouble is, everyone's vision is different." - Ringabel

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by demnchi
    the card market was supposed to make them much easier to obtain, but, yeah that's not here yet.
    soon!!! (tm)
    "IT'S TIME TO DUEL!!!"
    "The Magnificent."
    Account for any future SC transfers by Gondorian: BP tman507

Member of PFG3
    Master of Hand-to-hand Combat
    Greatness, Reborn

Official Shadow Era Wiki Moderator

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Demnchi View Post
    Maybe I can.

Honestly its because of that con that I disagree with this suggestion. However, I see nothing wrong with making them easier to obtain either. The card market was supposed to make them much easier to obtain, but, yeah that's not here yet.
    And this is where you will lose players to other games. I've been playing Hearthstone recently, and with a modest investment I have already constructed 9 Legendary tier decks over there that include hard to get Rare, Epic, and Legendary cards. There should be absolutely NO reason the players should not have access to those cards. By forcing us to buy packs for a chance to get these legendary cards you are already making it pay to play, because the merchant will NEVER have them in stock.

Sorry, this is an instance where the customer is right. You guys want my money? Give me a real reason to spend it on Wulven instead of Blizzard.
    I'm old, experienced, and usually right. So eyes open, mouth shut, and you might learn a thing or two.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by fyrfytr998
    And this is where you will lose players to other games. I've been playing Hearthstone recently, and with a modest investment I have already constructed 9 Legendary tier decks over there that include hard to get Rare, Epic, and Legendary cards. There should be absolutely NO reason the players should not have access to those cards. By forcing us to buy packs for a chance to get these legendary cards you are already making it pay to play, because the merchant will NEVER have them in stock.

Sorry, this is an instance where the customer is right. You guys want my money? Give me a real reason to spend it on Wulven instead of Blizzard.
    Maybe cause in SE you don't need Legendary cards in order to win games. You can make great decks even without them. I don't know, I haven't played Hearthstone, but from what I hear it is more dependant on having those crazy Legendary and higher rarity cards to do well. At least that's what I've heard. But in SE I don't need Scourge or Karlstrad to make a deck that can win.
    "IT'S TIME TO DUEL!!!"
    "The Magnificent."
    Account for any future SC transfers by Gondorian: BP tman507

Member of PFG3
    Master of Hand-to-hand Combat
    Greatness, Reborn

Official Shadow Era Wiki Moderator

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I don't know how much is your modest investment but the last time i checked HS , you either have to pull Legendary from a pack and disenchant it or disenchant a bunch of epics and rare in order to craft a specifc legendary . And we are comparing a game that has an expansion once a year which contains only 2 legendaries vs a game that has been already flooded with legendaries and epics , plus non of SE's legendaries are game breaking or considered must have .

But there's sure not enough way to spend SC so beng able to buy legendary cards for a price of 500-1000 SC wouldn't hurt anybody , imo
    Last edited by ipoop245; 04-24-2014 at 05:03 AM.
    It's always good to go back to your previous achievement and realize how mediocre it was , because it means that you have improved a lot since that time

1.27 Tournament Champion Raphael Majere's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    I like this idea of Buy legendarys with SCs. It's not pay to win. One can always farm SCs : although that will take a very long time, but it's not impossible.

Yes, doing well on ladder each month and meltdown can also get u the legendaries but are the causal players well informed about it?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Top 100 and Melt Down - are not for the "casual players".

Casual players don't have the majority of cards, so when they raise 200 gold they're going to buy a new card (or continue saving), not throw it away playing a single meltdown match. How many meltdown matches must they play and win before it becomes a viable option... I.e. not for casual players.

I think Meltdown matches are great... it's disappointing that they aren't feasible for a *casual player currently.

*I'm not considering someone who spends $50 in game, and plays it 5 times a month a casual player in this respect. I'm talking about the majority of the population who don't invest actual money, only time, into the game and play it casually.