Close

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Solo Jericho Spellbane SF Deck - Embers of Lingering Essence Deck v1

I think 'solo' decks generally benefit from running allies. They act as meatshield for one and can provide board control/damage with the right opportunity. Plus they force opponents to deal with them and not sac all their ally control.

Here Devoted Knight is too good to pass up. Tainted Oracle too most likely. Eriss could provide a win condition and an infinite Embers loop.

For starters I'd play these three over Server Ties, Forgiveness and Divine Connection.
    FDL TV!

Channel | Thread | Twitter
    Deck Techs, Game Commentary, Replay Analysis and more!

FDL Tips: The Metagame, Balance and You || Empty Hands
    LL Decklists: Serena || Elementalis

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Why not include Zalis Hymn its an attachmment and its great ally control
    Member of the EX

"The Exiled Ones- Honor is overrated."

Played monster hunter freedom unite and mh tri.
    mhfu: Hr 9 and Ukanlos down.
    mhtri: Hr 99; yeah kind of funny xD.

Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by WrathOfCroft View Post
    Surely you jest, sir! Attachment Solicho was one of the first things I tried on the TestServer, dude. Its fun, but not competitive at all.

Booyah, what rating did u go one this 18/20 streak at?
    Ok, so the guy's definition of "great for me" wasn't actually about winning a lot.

But if you're having fun, then you're always "winning" when you play

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Gondorian View Post
    Ok, so the guy's definition of "great for me" wasn't actually about winning a lot.

But if you're having fun, then you're always "winning" when you play
    Well ofc!

Dont get me wring, I wasnt bashing, I was just giving my opinion on some of his card choices.

FDL is right, Eris is a beast in this deck for sure. The other dude is right too, Zails Hymn is too good not to have in there as well. Also maybe try Mystic of the Vale to try and recycle thoose Hymns, and think about using Disrupt Aura..currently its bugged and it triggers Lingering Essence if one were to use it on say Zails Hymn... if it aint fixed, use till they fix it! Especially if you arent into competitive play.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    this deck should have some allies maybe sandworms and fleetfoot messenger,the only the only items and attachments you should have are embers of the just, incence of atoms and lingering essence, that a really good combo but it only works if your opponent uses allies, so you should try to add more meat to compensate for the damage if your opponent is a allie-less/wepon deck.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Hey, I've been trying a "solo" Jericho too, and it plays MUCH better with some allies. I like Fleetfooted Messenger and Knight of the Golden Dawn - both with For Unaxio! attachment when possible.

I like fleetfooted messenger because he's cheap, has 5 health so he hangs around a bit, and when you use For Unaxio! (assuming you're also playing Incense of Atonement) fleetfooted becomes as a 3cc alley with haste that inflicts 3 damage to their hero.

If you also play Divine Connection with only 5 resources you can inflict 8 damage on their hero. Play FFM + For Unaxio! for three damage to their hero (FFM + FU = 2 damage plus 1 damage from Incense of Atonement for the attachment). Then play Embers of the Just (5 damage to hero including the atonement 1 damage ping). That beats the 6 resources a mage would need to inflict 8 damage (2x 3cc Fireball). It takes a tight deck and the right draw, but this deck can kill quite quickly if you survive the rush. FFM helps you pull the cards you need so he helps.

Currently I'm trying 4 Justicar Alysia + 4 Smites. If you can get Justicar in play then you can do 4 damage to a hero with smite for only 3cc.
    Last edited by DNAlx; 04-28-2014 at 09:49 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    love the concept, good job mate

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by DNAlx View Post
    Hey, I've been trying a "solo" Jericho too, and it plays MUCH better with some allies. I like Fleetfooted Messenger and Knight of the Golden Dawn - both with For Unaxio! attachment when possible.

I like fleetfooted messenger because he's cheap, has 5 health so he hangs around a bit, and when you use For Unaxio! (assuming you're also playing Incense of Atonement) fleetfooted becomes as a 3cc alley with haste that inflicts 3 damage to their hero.

If you also play Divine Connection with only 5 resources you can inflict 8 damage on their hero. Play FFM + For Unaxio! for three damage to their hero (FFM + FU = 2 damage plus 1 damage from Incense of Atonement for the attachment). Then play Embers of the Just (5 damage to hero including the atonement 1 damage ping). That beats the 6 resources a mage would need to inflict 8 damage (2x 3cc Fireball). It takes a tight deck and the right draw, but this deck can kill quite quickly if you survive the rush. FFM helps you pull the cards you need so he helps.

Currently I'm trying 4 Justicar Alysia + 4 Smites. If you can get Justicar in play then you can do 4 damage to a hero with smite for only 3cc.
    The problem icfound with Justicar is that often times you will drop him onlycto have him die before using him. At beast its a t8 play but its like too much resource sp3nt for too little gain. Yay, 8cc to cast a FB!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by WrathOfCroft View Post
    The problem icfound with Justicar is that often times you will drop him onlycto have him die before using him. At beast its a t8 play but its like too much resource sp3nt for too little gain. Yay, 8cc to cast a FB!
    Yea I'm trying it out - the smites are useful whether or not justicar is there, especially if you play Scriptures of the Righteous so a 3cc smite= 3 damage plus draw a card.

If you DO get a Justicar to stick, with Smite + Embers of the Just you're looking at 13 damage in one turn.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Here is my own approach to this concept. It is still not that stable and you can get stuck some games with bad draws. But it works usually OK.

Jericho (41+Hero)

4 Devoted Knight
    2 Tainted Oracle
    2 Elizabeth
    3 FFM
    3 Zailen Crusader / Layarian Seductress
    3 Eriss (credits to FDL)

4 Tidal Wave
    3 Focused Prayer

1 Resurrection
    1 Holy Shield
    1 For Unaxio!
    4 Embers of the Just
    4 Zail's Hymn
    3 Lingering Essence
    3 Confluence of Fates

So, no Incense Att. as this is a more control-oriented. You have meatshields, Lingering Essence, Hymns and TW to survive early game and try getting the board for setting up the Embers-Eriss combo going in the mid-late game.
    In a previous version the deck packed x2 Aeon for protecting Eriss, but it was very difficult to get them both online at the same time.

I'm not sure if Zailen Crusader belong to this kind of deck as this is not rush and the times she allows a winning play are not too many. On the other hand, Seductress is way better for dealing with aggresive decks. I need more testing.

A card overlooked in the OP that seems so powerful to me is Confluence of Fates. It is double-edged whenever facing Mages or rush-type decks. It is a win-win whenever facing mid-range/slow decks. Take in mind that you can get rid of it (and heal in the process) if you get too low on hp. The same way, you can destroy Lingering Essence (you get the heal), and play a copy from your hand.

2 TO + 2 Elizabeth + 2 CoF make a strong drawing engine.

Singletons:
    For Unaxio! is there as fuel for CoF and boosting your bodies. But can be disposable.
    Resurrection offers an additional option vs Mill decks.
    Holy Shield has won me some matches offering that extra turn to find the TW or a final swing to the dome. In fact, once upon a time a shielded Eriss survived a Tidal Wave ftw

My 2 cents.
    Comments welcome, of course.
    Last edited by Hrinkell; 05-08-2014 at 11:36 AM.