Close

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

The Hero Abilities that need balance.

Ok so I've been playing again, so maybe i am missing some particular strategy that fixes the following.

Skervox 4SE for a global poison arrow. As a Shadow hero he is never more than 1 turn away from shutting down any and all ally based decks. Maybe 5se would balance this but I dont know. His ability + bounty hunter means he's gonna be at around 10 resources when you are at 7, that is if they play smart. I dont think that any one hero should be capable of shutting down 90% of the field. The hunter cardpool is powerful possessing the single strongest weapon in the game. Bounty hunter + his ability + soulseeker = 2hp,totally shifting the momentum, and 1resource. Resouce accel, momentum shift, and healing is too much.

Next is Talia, I've been using her to great effect she also almost counters Skervox. I dont think cost should be changed but at least take the. +1 attack off it. Maybe even the defense as well. In early game being able to drop a 3cc ally then next turn drop a midnight sentinel and kill most other 3cc allies and then be set to drop a 5cc porker that can hide behind a low cost meat shield is a little op, take the attack off and this ability maintains its functionality without being op.
    If this game played with poker rules I'd be undefeated

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    That's funny, you mention nerfing two of what I consider the lesser of the new heroes.

Personally I don't see either of them as massive threats, they're certainly not in need of a nerf. I think the new heroes themselves are quite well designed. The strongest of them is in my mind Garth but I don't think he's OP.
    Extra Tough Claws - Proud Member of ETC

Articles | Decklist | Fan Fiction

Shadow Era Art Thread | PB @ DeviantArt

PFG Member | I've been interviewed!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Preybird View Post
    That's funny, you mention nerfing two of what I consider the lesser of the new heroes.

Personally I don't see either of them as massive threats, they're certainly not in need of a nerf. I think the new heroes themselves are quite well designed. The strongest of them is in my mind Garth but I don't think he's OP.
    How do you deal with Skarvox? I find him nearly impossible to beat unless I'm playing Zhanna, or a weapon based champ. He pretty much shuts down every single ally based deck I've got. Even the World Champion Zhanna deck has more problems with Skarvox than any other champ in the game.

Talia, can be dealt with but she's got a pretty impressive ability, and pretty useful.
    Last edited by innoby; 04-23-2014 at 12:05 AM.
    If this game played with poker rules I'd be undefeated

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Take away his weapons, ( souk seeker) , stall his SE ability (w Pol), play a Mage and burn his poisonous ass to the ground!
    A1 kip thorp
    the daddy daughter team of death
    Proud Graduate of Kiptergarten
    A1-Alliance ~ Evolution in Theory

A1 Alliance LEADER & Crash Test Dummy
    Check out our recruitment thread

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    What heroes r u using, dude? Cuz Tala @ 3 se is a joke still, to me. Skervox can be a nuisance, but you have to play him like priests....you KNOW they are going to tidal wave, so dont overextend.

Honestly I dont think ive lost to a single Tala yet since sf hit live server. And trust me, ive seen her more than most cuz I guess everyone was like me and got a crapload ( 38 ) of Tala out of 120 boosters!

Heroes ive used recently are Lance, Amber, Zaladar and Loest and Garth....

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by innoby View Post
    How do you deal with Skarvox? I find him nearly impossible to beat unless I'm playing Zhanna, or a weapon based champ. He pretty much shuts down every single ally based deck I've got. Even the World Champion Zhanna deck has more problems with Skarvox than any other champ in the game.
    Skervox is basically a case of don't over extend and keep allies in hand, like Wrath says. Basically he can be rather easily beaten down if you are careful. Haste is also very useful against him (I do quite well against him using Vess), and Amber completely destroys him.
    Extra Tough Claws - Proud Member of ETC

Articles | Decklist | Fan Fiction

Shadow Era Art Thread | PB @ DeviantArt

PFG Member | I've been interviewed!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Shervox is extremely massively weak against
    1- weapon based heroes
    2- tough allies: gargoyle, sandworm, fortified wisp, Darakath ... Which now are used very comon
    3- rapidly growing health allies as Twilghts decks, and famous Aramia wisp OP deck
    Master of Puppets
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

Check SE No 1 Guild

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Don't nerf any of the new heroes...if anything buff them all!...I don't want to be stuck playing just CotC/DP heroes after SF goes live for good (adjust the non-hero cards where needed).
    Avenger of Valhalla
    Warriors of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by WrathOfCroft View Post
    What heroes r u using, dude? Cuz Tala @ 3 se is a joke still, to me. Skervox can be a nuisance, but you have to play him like priests....you KNOW they are going to tidal wave, so dont overextend.

Honestly I dont think ive lost to a single Tala yet since sf hit live server. And trust me, ive seen her more than most cuz I guess everyone was like me and got a crapload ( 38 ) of Tala out of 120 boosters!

Heroes ive used recently are Lance, Amber, Zaladar and Loest and Garth....
    You wanted em and you know it!

Really good point though.
    A1 kip thorp
    the daddy daughter team of death
    Proud Graduate of Kiptergarten
    A1-Alliance ~ Evolution in Theory

A1 Alliance LEADER & Crash Test Dummy
    Check out our recruitment thread

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    just think, talia can actually put two protectors on allies on t5 and t6 consecutively...
    just think on t5 its braxnorian soldier, or sandworm.... uff....
    IGN AA1 DARKCROSSBOW dont call me a noob, say something that I dont know of

lone wolf of the east

http://www.shadowera.com/showthread....Guide-To-Traps