2x Viska, The Scarlet Blade
    2x Aeon Stormcaller

4x Stop, Thief!
    3x Garth's Concoction
    2x Road Less Traveled

4x Ill-Gotten Gains
    4x Anklebreaker
    1x Spelleater Bands

I really think Garth will be tier 1 hero. His cheap ability coupled with array of tools makes him a control freak. Playing against him with ally based deck is a constant uphill struggle for board. With well timed ability you can deal with any threat:

* Garths ability + Concoction kill and 8hp ally e.g. Aeon
    * Garths ability + Anklebreaker(or Cutlass) kills 5hp ally
    * Garth ability + Viska kills 7 hp ally

So even with empty board on his side he can make quite a comeback.

In case his ability is not ready you have other control options in Anklebraeker, Sword Thief and Jasmine. And even without ability ready Concoction deals 4 damage.

Braxnorian Soldier and Spelleater Bands are really tech options because testing Garth I've found his biggest weakness are direct damage and haste. They are replaceable by other cards depending on the meta.

Garth's Concoction over Assassination

I chose Concoction for a reason that in scenario where I don't have ally out Assassination is a dead draw. Against weenies Concoction already acts like Assassiantion in most cases, and it can deal massive damage with Garth's ability. Downfall to it is requirement to exhaust you hero, meaning you won't be able to attack with a weapon that turn. So in case of having several threats to deal with you need to make a choice but Sword Thief and Jasmine are there to help control in that cases. This is also kinda balanced out with the fact that if you have an ally on board it is free to attack or use its abilities. Damage reduction monsters like Sandworm and Darkath are a bit trickier to deal with as you need at least two damage sources. But in average usefulness of Concoction in situation when I am far behind is what makes me choose it over Assassination.

Anklebreaker vs Cutlass

I prefer Anklebreaker just because in a long run it is better control tool. Still disruption Cutlass provides together with the fact Stop Thief can deal with a lot of draw engines is something worth considering. And there is a fun factor of discarding cards. If nothing else I would recommend a mix of two weapons.
    Also playing Cutlass in a Garth deck I realized how much Serena became obsolete. With activated ability she can kill only 4hp ally while Garth can kill 5 hp ally. Since her attacking the hero to force that discard happens once in a blue moon I am really sad as I think she will be completely out-shadowed by her fellow rogues.

Road Less Traveled vs Repaid in Full

Their requirements are kinda reversed. For RLT you need to have ally of your own on board, and for Repaid in Full you need to kill an ally during your turn (and there will be a lot of killings with Garth, for example t5 Concoction + Repaid in Full). But considering how attachments are all present I think RLT still gives greater value. I wouldn't have this doubt if it wasn't for casting increase for RLT from 2cc to 3cc. But now it may be something worth considering.

Anyway, this is my Garth deck and few random thoughts I had about him and new rogue tools. I hope you have some fun with this deck.
    Last edited by Veles; 04-21-2014 at 03:18 PM.
    Retired Card Game Designer

“Let the future tell the truth, and evaluate each one according to his work and accomplishments.
    The present is theirs; the future, for which I have really worked, is mine”
    ― Nikola Tesla

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    What are you going to do about Dakrath? I run 2/2 split of concoction and assassinate personally. I would drop the skilled ironmonger for another shade or two champs.

But looks good!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Concoction + Garth's ability + 2 attack ally deals with him. Or Viska and Aldon + Garth's ability. If ability is not ready I can stall him with Stop Thief and Jasmine. A mix on Assassination and Concoction is a good idea, but nothing guarantees you to get one in time. I really like Ironmonger especially if I run Cutlass. Opponent may plan his nxt move thinking I am on my last durability with weapon. Opening with Ironmonger and Aldon kills Karash who can still be problematic for a rogue or many of new 3hp 2cc allies.
    Last edited by Veles; 04-21-2014 at 02:55 PM.

“Let the future tell the truth, and evaluate each one according to his work and accomplishments.
    ― Nikola Tesla

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by WrathOfCroft View Post
    I would drop the skilled ironmonger for another shade or two champs.
    I don't think Nightshade is optimal in Garth. Especially if you go with Concoction over Assassination. With an early Champ or Ironmonger you can rule the board. There are many thing a Nightshade can't kill even with Garth's ability.

Dakarth will be though to kill but don't forget that the damage doubling happens before damage reduction, so you need either one 4 damage source or a 3 damage source plus one 2 damage source (say Ironmonger ) to kill him with Garth's ablity.

I'm a big Cutlass fan. Especially with Garth's ability providing 2 for 1 opportunities. (and 2 for 2's with Concoction) Attacking people's hand is very nice.
    FDL TV!

Channel | Thread | Twitter
    Deck Techs, Game Commentary, Replay Analysis and more!

FDL Tips: The Metagame, Balance and You || Empty Hands
    LL Decklists: Serena || Elementalis

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Back Stab worked wonders for my Garth build. I used Concoction before but replaced with this. It can kill allies just as fine as long as you make sure you always have an ally in play or a hasted one on hand. Plus you draw a card, and 2cc only.

I agree that Nightshade isn't that good for this. I would prefer one with 2 atk at least.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I agree that in general Garth works better with higher attack allies but there are certain match ups where that stealth is precious. Most notably human warrior (Amber especially) and other rogues. In my experience rogue mirrors are often won by player who has more Nightshades out.

― Nikola Tesla

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Can't wait to try it when we can buy SF cards from merchant.

I just noticed how wonderful Garth's Concoction is when reading your cards analysis. Garth seems to have more use of Garth's Concoction than Lance and Serena.

Do you think 4x 6cc allies being too much?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    If you use 3-4xNS, Midnight Sentinel becomes a decent option to consider.
    Avenger of Valhalla
    Warriors of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by chamthabo View Post
    Can't wait to try it when we can buy SF cards from merchant.

I just noticed how wonderful Garth's Concoction is when reading your cards analysis. Garth seems to have more use of Garth's Concoction than Lance and Serena.

Do you think 4x 6cc allies being too much?
    You can pass with 1 Aeon I think, but Viska is a must. She is brutal with Garth's ability.

― Nikola Tesla

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Are you using this more for organised play or qm...i haven't seen much luck for qm...i seem to win maybe 1/4 games