Close

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    If he starts doing too much damage to single allies, then zal will become a joke, zal can't even kill most allies with his ability and he doesn't even force discards.
    Mip - Keeper of the Eternal Flame -
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

IGN: BP Mip1

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Mip View Post
    If he starts doing too much damage to single allies, then zal will become a joke, zal can't even kill most allies with his ability and he doesn't even force discards.
    Praxix without cap can't deal more than 6 damages, and it's not something you'll see often, Zaladar can deal 6 damages to 2 targets, i don't see how he can become a joke.
    "Rastas don't believe in violence... Rastas don't believe... Rastas know." -Bob Marley-

Winner of the Multi-Post Streak Challenge
    *’”⁷ᵔᵕᵔ∞*°゜゚⁰ᵒ☉●•⋆.ᵢᵢᵢ₇.。・°'¨⋋ⓚⓔⓝⓣⓤⓔⓠⓤⓘ⋌¨'°・。.₇₇₇.⋆•●☉ᵒ⁰゜゚°*∞ᵔᵕᵔ⁷‘“*
    ⊰☠ ℑcℯ ℰℒℱ ☠⊱

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Total damage isn't everything, concentrated damage can be more potent. 2 damage basis + 1 for each ally could easily reach 5 damage if both decks are around 50% ally, which isn't too far out there to be reasonable. 5 damage is a killer on a lot of allies.
    Mip - Keeper of the Eternal Flame -
    Greatness, Reborn

IGN: BP Mip1

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Well I didn't mean to add guaranteed damage that way. I thought something like this: Both players discard 3 cards and target ally takes 2 damage plus 1 damage for every 2 allies discarded this way to a maximum of 4 damage. So:

Allies discarded / Damage dealt with proposed change / Damage dealt with current ability
    0 2 0
    1 2 1
    2 3 2
    3 3 3
    4 4 4
    5 4 4
    6 4 4

As you can see biggest change would be when 0 allies are discarded. And this is where you lose games with current ability and biggest problem with Praxix in my eyes. There is only 1 damage difference with 1 and 2 allies discarded and it would deal same amount of damage with 3 or more allies discarded.

If you go one step further and remove the cap:

Allies discarded / Damage dealt with proposed change / Damage dealt with current ability
    0 to 4 same as above
    5 4 5
    6 5 6
    Last edited by Veles; 04-21-2014 at 11:47 AM.
    Retired Card Game Designer

“Let the future tell the truth, and evaluate each one according to his work and accomplishments.
    The present is theirs; the future, for which I have really worked, is mine”
    ― Nikola Tesla

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Mip View Post
    Total damage isn't everything, concentrated damage can be more potent. 2 damage basis + 1 for each ally could easily reach 5 damage if both decks are around 50% ally, which isn't too far out there to be reasonable. 5 damage is a killer on a lot of allies.
    Yes, but i didn't mean 2 damages basis, just something to be sure to deal at least 2 damages even if no allies are discarded, like "all players discard 3 cards from their decks, Target opposing ally takes X damage, where X was the number of allies discarded, to a minimum of 2."
    "Rastas don't believe in violence... Rastas don't believe... Rastas know." -Bob Marley-

Winner of the Multi-Post Streak Challenge
    *’”⁷ᵔᵕᵔ∞*°゜゚⁰ᵒ☉●•⋆.ᵢᵢᵢ₇.。・°'¨⋋ⓚⓔⓝⓣⓤⓔⓠⓤⓘ⋌¨'°・。.₇₇₇.⋆•●☉ᵒ⁰゜゚°*∞ᵔᵕᵔ⁷‘“*
    ⊰☠ ℑcℯ ℰℒℱ ☠⊱

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I just wanna say that nerf of falseblood cutlass seriously weakened Praxix..
    But he is still competitive, just play him without focusing on making your deck focused to empty opponent deck because this just does not work
    Master of Puppets
    Greatness, Reborn

Check SE No 1 Guild

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    If his wording wss changed to ally or hero with the lowest health, would that make him OP? Its not OP for Brimstone....

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    It could keep the cap, and the gamble but go up to four cards from three? Too op? Realistically that's only going to trash another 5-6 cards per game. I'd say my opponent is usually left with anywhere from 5-9 cards at a normal game end.

I honestly don't see that happening, but again one of his support cards could be strengthened...
    Proud Member of Team Juggernauts

Top 8 finish in WC 2017
    2nd place finish in WC 2016
    10th place finish in WC 2015
    Top 32 finish in WC 2014

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Discard zal is strong too, though....stronger than prax, imo. But if they buff other ability cards, Zal will get stronger too. Need to adress the hero only i think. But 4 cards discarded is too much.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I prefer to let him be as he is... I wouldn´t like to see mill concepts competitive, right now mill is not competitive with praxis but who knows in future. Mill / Stall, hand and resource denial are concepts which killed some games before (like MTG), so let them be playable but not supercompetitive... Btw currently best deck in SE is mill deck and it is banned in most of tournaments :-)
    IGN: TJ Maskee - Proud member of Team Juggernauts !