3x Retreat!
    3x Zail's Hymn
    2x Road Less Traveled

***Items (4)***
    4x Glass Chalice of Knowing

***Armors (3)***
    3x The King's Pride

TOTAL: 40 cards + Hero

You may remember back in the days that Boris wasn't the only one that used hasted allies with Kings Pride. Zhanna was also decent with them. Now in SF she has more control, more draw, more haste options, resource boost, making this kind of deck more powerful.

Game Plan

With optimal draw avoid playing Kris and FFM early on, this is not a rush deck. Instead try to control your opponent until you set up The King's Pride and Aldon. After that hit them hard.

T1 Nothing/Kris (If I am going first and have RLT in hand)
    T2 Glass Chalice/Retreat
    T3 Devoted Knight/Aldon/Zail's Hymn/Road Less Traveled on Kris
    T4 Elizabeth/Hymn/Tidal Wave(if knight was killed on t3)/Retreat + Chalise
    T5 and T6 Mix of control (Hymn, Retreat, Focused Player) and allies or Tidal Wave
    T7 Kings Pride
    T8 onwards total ownage

Key to winning like with any other priests are mind games of TW and other power plays like Retreat + Allies. After Playing Kings Pride and Aldon, Kris and FFM will hit for 4 and Viska for 6, so you can deal with good amount of threats with your allies as well.

Glass Chalise of Knowing vs The Wizent's Staff

We had this debate in guild. In my eyes there are several reasons for picking Glass Chalice. One is resource curve. I don't have 2cc ally worth playing in this kind of deck, and it frees up T4 for Elizabeth, Zail's Hymn, or even TW if opponent killed Devoted Knight. Other reason is nature of deck. Good chunk of allies aren't actually playable until Kings Pride hits the board. Chalice allows me to recycle them back into deck for later use and pick cards for control or for actual set up. I usually wait until I get to 5se so I can use it 3 times in a row. Also sometimes I don't draw if I have answer for current board situation. If things go downhill seeing 3 cards and picking one you need may decide your game. Chalise is also less prone to destruction being an artifact. However even with this pros I found that sometimes I draw less then I would with Wizen't Staff. So I added two RLT for total of 9 draw cards which is above average in 40 card deck (at least for me). 2 se for draw also means you can forget about Zhanna's heal, which is main drawback. Final and deciding factor for me is that it is new card and I wanted to play with it.

Anyway this has been my most successful deck on test server and I hope you have fun with it if you decide to try it out.
    Last edited by Veles; 04-19-2014 at 01:20 PM.
    Retired Card Game Designer

“Let the future tell the truth, and evaluate each one according to his work and accomplishments.
    The present is theirs; the future, for which I have really worked, is mine”
    ― Nikola Tesla

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Thanks for sharing.

I do agree that Chalice is good in this build.

I'd go with only 2 KP and 1 forgiveness to cope with KP in the opening hand.

Also, I'd suggest 1 more Kris and 1 more RLT to maximize haste and draw, instead of Zail's hym. You will go for the throat. When board is lost, reset with TW.

Can you explain why Elizabeth and not Tainted Oracle ?

Cheers !!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Its personal preference. My reasons behind the choice is following:

Elizabeth is harder to get rid of. Your opponent needs to invest more resources in taking her down than in TO.
    She guarantees one card draw. TO can be denied by MA, Retreat, Banish, Layarian Diplomat...
    If Elizabeth survives a turn she draw you two cards same as TO, anything beyond that is extra bonus in my eyes.

I hope this makes sense.

I can agree on KP numbers, but my fear is that I can't win without it. If my opponent is rogue or priest they will have at least 4 item des. and if they get rid of 2 KP I pretty much lose, because I don't have enough damage output. In other matches 2 KP is enough for sure.

Also I've been tweaking numbers of control cards a bit, adding and removing Retreats, Hymn and Banish. Any combination can be good, so that one is pretty much open to anyone's choice.
    Last edited by Veles; 06-17-2014 at 09:33 AM.

“Let the future tell the truth, and evaluate each one according to his work and accomplishments.
    ― Nikola Tesla

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Nice deck
    Master of Puppets
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

Check SE No 1 Guild

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Thanks for sharing, haste Zhanna is pretty popular right now in QM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Besides counterhaste, what MUs tend to give you the hardest time in your opinion?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by AbYsMaL View Post
    Besides counterhaste, what MUs tend to give you the hardest time in your opinion?
    Other Zhannas are one of hardest matches I feel. Zaladar games also come close, but I usually win them. And you have TW, there is no counter haste aside Moonstalker. A good Moonstalker player will give you lots of trouble. That is why I added Banish recently.

― Nikola Tesla