Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Change of Fortune targets own support, but not opponent's.

In the meltdown game I just played with CZCoinmstr (not positive about the very end of the name), I attempted to use Change of Fortune against one of his support cards, Reserve Weapon. It would not target his card, but only offered my own support as valid targets.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Ack, does Reserve Weapon count as support or not? It shows up in the support line but now I see, it says Weapon.

I've been away a while, so sorry if I'm slow.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I think I'm just confused because Reserve Weapon says "weapon" but acts more like support in my mind. You get a weapon someday, but you can't attack with the RW card.

Sorry if that's all there is to it.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Reserve Weapon is not a support ability. It says on the card it is classified as Item - Artifact same as Ill Gotten Gains, Tome of Knowledge, etc. Name Reserve Weapon has nothing to do with its type. Change of fortune can target both yours and your opponents support abilities (Rain Delay, Blood Moon, Lay Low, etc). Basic difference between items and support abilities (aside classification on card it self below art) is that items have unlimited staying time on board, while support abilities are limited to turn or few turns.
    Last edited by Veles; 04-19-2014 at 06:23 AM.
    Retired Card Game Designer

“Let the future tell the truth, and evaluate each one according to his work and accomplishments.
    The present is theirs; the future, for which I have really worked, is mine”
    ― Nikola Tesla