Close

Thread: Bloodfang deck

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Bloodfang deck

Hey all,

I'm new to the forum, but I've been playing for a few years now, and I figured I'd chime in with my newest project.

***HERO***
    Bloodfang

***Allies (15)***
    3x Wulven Predator
    4x Bloodpack Shaman
    2x Soothjaw
    3x Pack Wolf
    4x Riphide

***Abilities (18)***
    3x Captured Prey
    4x Now You're Mine
    4x Blood Moon
    3x Death from Above
    2x Wulven Resilience
    2x acid jet

***Armors (3)***
    3x Wrath of the Forest

***Weapons (6)***
    3x What Big Teeth
    2x Spectral Sabre

TOTAL: 42 cards + Hero

I'm up to 270 with the deck so far.

It plays as an early control deck, with now you're mine and death from above working to keep the opponent's board clear, while the pack wolves, and bloodfang shaman establish your board control early. The deck peaks at midgame, when Ripfang comes out (in conjunction with now you're mine if necessary). Unless there's a really good reason not to do so, always save the ability use/Ripfang drop until he can kill something when he comes into play, forcing the opponent to waste an ally.

Wulven resilience is an excellent card. It's great against warriors and wulven of course, but it also works as a great surprise damage spike on a small ally when you're fighting early for board control.

What big teeth's usefulness goes without saying, and the sabers and acid jets are for attachments and weapons respectively.

After some back and forth, this combination seems to work the best. It has done consistently well, although with a bad draw or against someone that heavily targets the draw engines (soothpaw and wrath of the forest), it can bog down.

Any thoughts?

Dan

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Hey. Welcome to the forums Dan!

Let me throw in my 2 cents:

You say WBT is very useful, but IMO, it's rarely effective outside of a Darkclaw (or maybe Millstalker shell). The ping can be nice against armor but otherwise it's too situational for me. If it's the ping you like, you could play Dread Wolf who synergizes better with the rest of your deck (Soothjaw, WotF, DfA, Shaman).

I also have mixed feelings about Capture Prey in a Riphide deck. It does help against late game fatties, but if you play it early, chances are it will conflict with your Riphide trigger.

You also have a low ally count for a deck that relies heavily on them. I like carrying Tiger Wulf as an alternate ally to bring in with Bloodfang's ability. Plus WT can deal with a number of troublesome allies/items.

So, if it was me, I'd go -3 WBT -3 CP -3 Pack Wolf +3 Tiger Wulf +3 Dread Wolf. It doesn't cahnge the way your deck works, but it's a little bit more synergetic I think.
    FDL TV!

Channel | Thread | Twitter
    Deck Techs, Game Commentary, Replay Analysis and more!

FDL Tips: The Metagame, Balance and You || Empty Hands
    LL Decklists: Serena || Elementalis

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Dread wolf would work very well with the rest of the deck - let me try swapping them with the WBT.

I find the captured prey works very well with a mid-late game rip hide drop to come back from a weak board position. I see what you're saying though - TW is amazingly handy. I may try keeping the captured prey and swapping TW for the PWs. It'll sacrifice a bit in the early game, but it'll strengthen my item destruction power.

I'll run +3 DW, +3 TW, -3 WBT, -3 PW and see how it goes.

Thanks for the input bro,

Dan

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by wonkobaggins View Post
    Hey all,

I'm new to the forum, but I've been playing for a few years now, and I figured I'd chime in with my newest project.

***HERO***
    Bloodfang

***Allies (15)***
    3x Wulven Predator
    4x Bloodpack Shaman
    2x Soothjaw
    3x Pack Wolf
    4x Riphide

***Abilities (18)***
    3x Captured Prey
    4x Now You're Mine
    4x Blood Moon
    3x Death from Above
    2x Wulven Resilience
    2x acid jet

***Armors (3)***
    3x Wrath of the Forest

***Weapons (6)***
    3x What Big Teeth
    2x Spectral Sabre

TOTAL: 42 cards + Hero

I'm up to 270 with the deck so far.

It plays as an early control deck, with now you're mine and death from above working to keep the opponent's board clear, while the pack wolves, and bloodfang shaman establish your board control early. The deck peaks at midgame, when Ripfang comes out (in conjunction with now you're mine if necessary). Unless there's a really good reason not to do so, always save the ability use/Ripfang drop until he can kill something when he comes into play, forcing the opponent to waste an ally.

Wulven resilience is an excellent card. It's great against warriors and wulven of course, but it also works as a great surprise damage spike on a small ally when you're fighting early for board control.

What big teeth's usefulness goes without saying, and the sabers and acid jets are for attachments and weapons respectively.

After some back and forth, this combination seems to work the best. It has done consistently well, although with a bad draw or against someone that heavily targets the draw engines (soothpaw and wrath of the forest), it can bog down.

Any thoughts?

Dan
    -3 wbt -3packwolf -2 acid jet-1captured prey +4 tiger wulf +1 spectral sabre +2 dread wold +2 wulven scout also tiger wulf is great