Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Talking Wait for your opponent

That's how you turn a lost, not losing, game into a victory. So after the 5th straight game against Elad (at 290-300 whoever said there's more diversity at higher rating is dream walking) you finally got a hard earned victory, or no, since your opponent made you wait after he has lost and after awhile you actually lost a game that you had won. As I type it sounds illogical but SE gets more bugs that turn illogical into "deal with it/suck it up" reality by the day.

Moderators, programmers (I guess they have them right?), whoever official/unofficial authorities don't try to respond I know what you are gonna say since we've heard it all over and over time 100s, you aren't going to ease my frustration, or improve my future game experience. As a paying customer who has funded you twice at a higher payment scale, I just want to vent and congratulate all lucky losers out there. Some of us do play hard to get the ratings for you to rob. If I see you play Elad, in my absolutely jaded, bias eyes, you are already a thief and a coward who can't find another way to win but ally ally ally burn burn burn. Don't worry, I will still play with you and I won't rob you if I lose. Thank you.
    Last edited by Zyraquis; 04-16-2014 at 11:04 AM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Why do ratings matter so much?

They dont seem to have any practical use, you cant buy anything with them nor you get any discounts at Merchants. A Champion is still a Champion even without high rating and a loser is still a loser... no matter what rating.

For me all that matters is gold and crystals. :-p
    Last edited by aashanon1; 04-16-2014 at 11:39 AM.
    Dark Samurais - Live if you can; Die if you must; But fight always with honor.

http://darksamurais.boards.net/

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Zyraquis View Post
    Moderators, programmers (I guess they have them right?), whoever official/unofficial authorities don't try to respond I know what you are gonna say since we've heard it all over and over time 100s, you aren't going to ease my frustration, or improve my future game experience. As a paying customer who has funded you twice at a higher payment scale, I just want to vent and congratulate all lucky losers out there. Some of us do play hard to get the ratings for you to rob. If I see you play Elad, in my absolutely jaded, bias eyes, you are already a thief and a coward who can't find another way to win but ally ally ally burn burn burn. Don't worry, I will still play with you and I won't rob you if I lose. Thank you.
    Why are we thrown into this mix?

I want to see this bug irradiated too and it makes me just as mad as you guys that its still around. =/
    Was the Leader of Acolytes of A1

A1's Dimensional Eyes in the Sky
    A1 Alliance: Evolution in Theory
    PFG3 Leader

Was Shadow Era Community Manager

Sota, The Switch Axe Monster Hunter

"When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all."
    "Humans fight to secure peace as they envision it. The trouble is, everyone's vision is different." - Ringabel

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Zyraquis View Post
    That's how you turn a lost, not losing, game into a victory. So after the 5th straight game against Elad (at 290-300 whoever said there's more diversity at higher rating is dream walking) you finally got a hard earned victory, or no, since your opponent made you wait after he has lost and after awhile you actually lost a game that you had won. As I type it sounds illogical but SE gets more bugs that turn illogical into "deal with it/suck it up" reality by the day.

Well said, but to be fair, its not Elad herself, its the Elad rush deck. But I can agree to the sentiment that its an uncreative and boring way to play, and definitely at least somewhat cowardly since there is no risk to play a deck that plays itself.

Quote Originally Posted by aashanon1 View Post

They dont seem to have any practical use, you cant buy anything with them nor you get any discounts at Merchants. A Champion is still a Champion even without high rating and a loser is still a loser... no matter what rating.

I also agree with you, ratings should not be the focus of the game, it should be creativity, testing your skills, etc. The reason I get so annoyed seeing the same play-itself Elad/Loest rush deck is because it gets boring, there is 0 creativity in that. The best players are the ones that create new decks, test them, and when they fail, rebuild them, make modifications, and keep trying till they get it down. So I don't hate those Rush Decks or MillStalkers because they kill my rating, I hate them because they are boring and unoriginal. I want to test my ideas, my deck against another person's ideas and deck, and see who comes out on top. That is how a card game should be (at least in my eyes).

Excuse my little rant, and please enjoy the rest of your day!
    Last edited by ShadowRyou; 04-16-2014 at 12:29 PM.
    Currently a finalist in the WULVEN APPRENTICE and will happily take any support I can get from you guys

PFG Member

Shadow Era Champion for Orlando/Sanford Florida!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    And again, well said....! This is it exactly. They are in it for the simple kick of winning. So, the motivations of playing are completely different. This can never be fixed...sadly.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    These glitches are frustrating. I had my opponent down to 17 health by the end of my fourth turn, going second. He drew for T5, quit improperly, and I had to wait four or five minutes for...

...wait for it...

This game was too short to gain experience!
    Least active member of: ETC (Ended There by Chance)
    Account for Gondorian to transfer Shadow Crystals to: m0ghedian

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    By T5 you should have gotten the xp and gold. Rage quit before your own T4 gets you 'too short'. But yeah it sucks.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Ratings matter so I will have a deck that can match with more skilled players (other than Elad) and another low rating deck where I can play with people who have unique but not competitive decks. Also it's mentally satisfying to finally win and I want the rating that comes with it. Otherwise rating doesn't matter to me either or else I would have chosen another hero than Elementalis to play at 300 level.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by aashanon1 View Post

Rating is important to let people know that you are really good and its just nice to have it my rating dropped big used to be 290 and my sister deleted my deck

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I know what your saying,, and it's really frustrating to have to go through that ( self confessed Elad user hear! ). As for rating being important, I agree because it took me a really long time to break 300, I'm just not the card master alot of SE players are. But that was my goal.
    I actually like playing really low rates now, the decks are strange, the cards are varied and it's still fun.

Just keep slogging it out, most people won't rage quit on you. But if I'm gonna lose, I'll suicide by nova in a heartbeat!
    A1 kip thorp
    the daddy daughter team of death
    Proud Graduate of Kiptergarten
    A1-Alliance ~ Evolution in Theory

A1 Alliance LEADER & Crash Test Dummy
    Check out our recruitment thread