Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Boosters, Merchant and SE Moving Forward (Auction House etc)

Lets Start With Some Math

Shattered Fates Deck Breakdown – And Cost Comparison
    # of Cards
    Heroes: 10
    Commons: 90
    Uncommons: 55
    Rares: 35
    Epics: 10
    Lendaries: 2
    Total Cards in Set: 202

# of Cards Needed for Complete Set
    Heroes: 10
    Commons: 360
    Uncommons: 220
    Rares: 140
    Epics: 40
    Lengendaries: 2
    Total Cards for Complete Set: 772

MERCHANT COST
    Heroes: 10*300 = 3,000 gold
    Commons: 360*100 = 36,000 gold
    Uncommons: 220*200 = 44,000 gold
    Rares: 140*400 = 56,000 gold
    Epics: 40*800=32,000 gold
    Lengendaries: 2*1500?=3000 gold

Full Set Cost via Merchant: 8,000 SC (174,200 gold) ( 3000+36000+44000+56000+32000+3000 )

BOOSTER WAY (With Perfect Opening of Packs)- Min Boosters Needed for Full Set
    1 Booster: 1 hero, 10 common, 3 uncommon, 1 (epic, rare or legendary) Total 15 cards
    Minimum # of boosters needed for a full set: 182 boosters to get all the needed Rares Epics & Lengendaries

As you can see, if you used gold only (and the merchant was open) it would cost you 174,200 gold to get a complete Shattered Fates set and 182 boosters if you never got duplicates until you had 4 of every other card needed.

As has been mentioned many of times, if you are attempting to get gold using Shadow Crystals the most efficient way to do it is to buy Elemental starter decks and sell them to the merchant. I think you can make around 2,200 gold per deck that way. So if you used the merchant (which isn’t open for business right now) to get a complete Shattered Fates set and you used that strategy it would cost you around 8000 ($80) shadow crystals (174,200 / 2200 = 79.18).

If you used Shattered Fates boosters only to get a complete SF play set, the least amount of shadow crystals you would need to use is 18,200 ($182). In the real world it will probably take about 4 times as much SC to get a complete play set (you don’t get what you want when you open a booster pack). The one positive of boosters is that you have a chance to get foils which eventually could be worth a lot more coins then the 2,200 you could get from selling one Elemental deck.

Minimum Full Set Cost via Boosters: 18,200 SC

The Law of Diminishing Returns
    The first 25 boosters I opened I only had 8 dead cards (non-hero cards that were above the 4 needed for a full set). In the next 5 decks I opened I got an additional 11 dead cards. Obviously, the more boosters you open the more dead cards you are going to get.

Shadow Era Moving Forward

Shattered Fates Merchant: According to Kyle, we will have the merchant open for business in the next couple of week (“soon”).

Auction House: Whenever we get the Auction House the world will change. We’ve also heard that the Merchant will remain. So how is this all going to work out?

Auction House Observations:

1) The best thing to do to get the Auction House kick started is to open it up for buying and selling foils. This would make EVERYONE happy and a great way to work out any kinks without causing mass pain to all the rest of the SE players.

2) When the Auction House does open for business it is going to create MASSIVE energy towards Shadow Era if they do it right. There is a huge sub-section of collectors out there that likely would play ShadowEra just for the collecting trading aspect. It is likely ShadowEra takes a small commission (10% maybe) on every trade to get some of the excess gold out of the market. If they set their commission too high though, it is going to stifle the energy of the Auction House and lessen player interest.

3) When the Auction House first goes live, there is going to be a massive amount of foils dumped into the market. This could cause the foil price to be the cheapest you will ever see for some foils. On the flip side, there is a ton of players that have been hording their gold forever that have nothing to spend it on. This will work against the low prices and could cause prices to be very high initially.

4) Limited Quantity Foils will get progressively more expensive the longer it has been since they have been released. Hold these foils and you could make some big coin in a year or two.
    Last edited by True Life; 04-12-2014 at 04:48 PM.
    Love always looks for the best, never looks back, and keeps going until the end. Love is not self seeking. Love doesn't keep track of others wrongs. Love is patient and kind; isn't proud or rude; not easily angered; does not delight in evil; always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. All who learn from the Father come to ___.

Love rejoices in the truth.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    FYI, complete set = 300 booster packs, which is way more than your "minimum".
    "Rastas don't believe in violence... Rastas don't believe... Rastas know." -Bob Marley-

Winner of the Multi-Post Streak Challenge
    *’”⁷ᵔᵕᵔ∞*°゜゚⁰ᵒ☉●•⋆.ᵢᵢᵢ₇.。・°'¨⋋ⓚⓔⓝⓣⓤⓔⓠⓤⓘ⋌¨'°・。.₇₇₇.⋆•●☉ᵒ⁰゜゚°*∞ᵔᵕᵔ⁷‘“*
    ⊰☠ ℑcℯ ℰℒℱ ☠⊱

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by kentuequi View Post
    That seems about right to me, but even 300 packs wouldn't be a guarantee of a full set.
    Love always looks for the best, never looks back, and keeps going until the end. Love is not self seeking. Love doesn't keep track of others wrongs. Love is patient and kind; isn't proud or rude; not easily angered; does not delight in evil; always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. All who learn from the Father come to ___.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by True Life View Post
    That seems about right to me, but even 300 packs wouldn't be a guarantee of a full set.
    Right, i still miss 8 Rares, ahah, , good thread though.
    "Rastas don't believe in violence... Rastas don't believe... Rastas know." -Bob Marley-

Winner of the Multi-Post Streak Challenge
    *’”⁷ᵔᵕᵔ∞*°゜゚⁰ᵒ☉●•⋆.ᵢᵢᵢ₇.。・°'¨⋋ⓚⓔⓝⓣⓤⓔⓠⓤⓘ⋌¨'°・。.₇₇₇.⋆•●☉ᵒ⁰゜゚°*∞ᵔᵕᵔ⁷‘“*
    ⊰☠ ℑcℯ ℰℒℱ ☠⊱

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Don't get your hopes up though. :P
    Merchant is a concept that has 'just around the corner' since the start of shadow era!

"soon ™"

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by kentuequi View Post

I've also opened this many boosters and almost have a complete set. Unfortunately, I'm still short the minimum of four copies of about five cards.
    Mage Guardian of Gilead
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by kraken View Post
    I've also opened this many boosters and almost have a complete set. Unfortunately, I'm still short the minimum of four copies of about five cards.
    When they give you one of everything and one of every foil you'll be all set!
    Least active member of: ETC (Ended There by Chance)
    Account for Gondorian to transfer Shadow Crystals to: m0ghedian

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by a player View Post
    When they give you one of everything and one of every foil you'll be all set!
    With them foiling every card you'd almost need to be a millionaire to get a complete set of foils. Crazy! Just getting a foil of every hero would be incredibly expensive.
    Last edited by True Life; 04-13-2014 at 03:21 AM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    $80 for a full expansion set sounds pretty nice to me

I would suggest letting the players buy foil cards using SC only , the price could be 100-150 SC for a single foil and cost more for Epics and Legendaries
    It's always good to go back to your previous achievement and realize how mediocre it was , because it means that you have improved a lot since that time