Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

amber healing ... need help

what are the best healing cards to use for an Amber deck other than Enrage
    anyone can help me ??

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Arguably the only viable healing card for Amber is Enrage. Rampage could be the secondary best but I wouldn't recommend it because for it to be useful on healing, it has to be played early so it can be grind out throughout the game but as a 4cc, you will trade away board presence and it will rival JD as the 4-drop. In late game playing Rampage, it will just heal almost nothing or just too little and it doesn't do anything to help to advance the board further. An Retreat or Seductress will at that point save your more life by hindering the opponent from attacking AND it helps the board at your favor. Note that Rampage is usually best playing early, you have to run many of them and they will just take deck-space and sometimes become a bunch of dead draws. Personally I think Amber is about CC efficiency and tempo and thus I wouldn't even run Enrage even if it "can" save the bacon of you sometimes, it's not consistent enough and it takes away the room of something else that can save your life (Retreat, Seductress, CB for example) that at the same time helps the board as I mentioned earlier.

Honored Dead is maybe an option too but it get's out-shadowed by other draw abilities that's either cost less for the CC efficiency, net's your more draw throughout the game and flexibility. The heal is so little too.

Priest of the Light do give you life but I wouldn't even mention it as heal if it's just 1HP gain. He does act as disruption with his/her(?) second ability though which is not bad.
    Last edited by FlyingFerrari; 04-12-2014 at 09:17 AM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by FlyingFerrari View Post
    Arguably the only viable healing card for Amber is Enrage. Rampage could be the secondary best but I wouldn't recommend it because for it to be useful on healing, it has to be played early so it can be grind out throughout the game but as a 4cc, you will trade away board presence and it will rival JD as the 4-drop. In late game playing Rampage, it will just heal almost nothing or just too little and it doesn't do anything to help to advance the board further. An Retreat or Seductress will at that point save your more life by hindering the opponent from attacking AND it helps the board at your favor. Note that Rampage is usually best playing early, you have to run many of them and they will just take deck-space and sometimes become a bunch of dead draws. Personally I think Amber is about CC efficiency and tempo and thus I wouldn't even run Enrage even if it "can" save the bacon of you sometimes, it's not consistent enough and it takes away the room of something else that can save your life (Retreat, Seductress, CB for example) that at the same time helps the board as I mentioned earlier.

Honored Dead is maybe an option too but it get's out-shadowed by other draw abilities that's either cost less for the CC efficiency, net's your more draw throughout the game and flexibility. The heal is so little too.

Priest of the Light do give you life but I wouldn't even mention it as heal if it's just 1HP gain. He does act as disruption with his/her(?) second ability though which is not bad.
    well that was a great help .... big thanks