Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Losest ruins SE.

Losest is the worst card in shadow era. It takes care of any kinds of problematic cards. It should be very easy to imagine how boring the game becomes. I wan to play a game where it gets complex as the game progresses. I love Aeon because he gives us the complexity. I like to Hide jasmine or Lionheart behind Aeon and control an opponent. We will not see the kind of complexity as often as it used to be if Losest becomes more popular. Playing Losest is simple arithmetic.
    I wish I could see more fun abilities like hidden or protector instead of just destroying or damage.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    In fact loest cannot deal with hidden or protector...
    Buried Treasure of Nanana
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix/ Greatness, Reborn
    My tournament achievements

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by udacian View Post
    Losest is the worst card in shadow era. It takes care of any kinds of problematic cards. It should be very easy to imagine how boring the game becomes. I wan to play a game where it gets complex as the game progresses. I love Aeon because he gives us the complexity. I like to Hide jasmine or Lionheart behind Aeon and control an opponent. We will not see the kind of complexity as often as it used to be if Losest becomes more popular. Playing Losest is simple arithmetic.
    I wish I could see more fun abilities like hidden or protector instead of just destroying or damage.
    To expand Index's remark, he may be able to take care of something as large and powerful as an Aeon but he doesn't pierce those abilities. He still has to Exile the Aeon to get to whats behind it and he can't even target things with hidden and allies with steadfast are immune to his ability. His ability is powerful, but I don't think it out right destroys the purpose of keywords such as protector.
    Was the Leader of Acolytes of A1

A1's Dimensional Eyes in the Sky
    A1 Alliance: Evolution in Theory
    PFG3 Leader

Was Shadow Era Community Manager

Sota, The Switch Axe Monster Hunter

"When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all."
    "Humans fight to secure peace as they envision it. The trouble is, everyone's vision is different." - Ringabel

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I actually hate playing as Loest myself, he's way too slow for me. To me without some way of speeding up his SE gain I feel he can be played around. If you can force him to use his ability as soon as he can, then he'll exile something, then you just play something else big after that and he has to wait another 5 turns. I can understand how he'd be annoying to some, but I personally don't see him as at all overpowered.
    "IT'S TIME TO DUEL!!!"
    "The Magnificent."
    Account for any future SC transfers by Gondorian: BP tman507

Member of PFG3
    Master of Hand-to-hand Combat
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

Official Shadow Era Wiki Moderator

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I see we got some good discussion here.

The best way to prove your point is to play Loest, be on the top 100 QM Ladderboard or win some tournament with it. The bigger the tourney, the better.
    Act speak louder than words.
    Last edited by udy; 04-12-2014 at 06:00 AM.
    INDO Language Sub-Forum

[SF]Solo Nish/Loest
    Ythan Redthorn, Rush of the Twilight Deck
    Zaladar, Alpha Strike Deck
    Bloodfang, Howl of the Pack Deck

Eyes of the Phoenix
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

IGN: BP Dragon
    Favorite SE activity: Meltdown & Deck-Building
    Favorite Card: Anklebreaker
    Favorite Hero: Majiya

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by udacian View Post
    Losest is the worst card in shadow era.
    No, it isn't.
    If you literally mean WORST, then Baduruu is the worst card in SE.
    But in terms of destruction, maybe Zaladar or Nishaven.
    Nishaven's arithmetic is simpler...
    (any no. of allies) × 0 (KABOOM!!!) = 0
    But i like Nishaven, maybe he would have been one of the strongest Hero if he were on Shadow's side, but he isn't

And one more thing, is it only me who thinks 'Skervox' Shadow Hunter of SF has super destructive ability?? only second to Nishaven, but better than Nishaven because, only opposing allies are targeted here and by the end of next 4 turns he would have disabled them for a turn and dealt 4 damage to each one of them with poison and ready to strike again, plus he being a Shadow Hero makes him stronger with Shadow Font and other destructive abilities & items and suicidal allies.
    Last edited by aashanon1; 04-12-2014 at 08:54 AM.
    Dark Samurais - Live if you can; Die if you must; But fight always with honor.

http://darksamurais.boards.net/

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    And who is Losest anyway?
    "Rastas don't believe in violence... Rastas don't believe... Rastas know." -Bob Marley-

Winner of the Multi-Post Streak Challenge
    *’”⁷ᵔᵕᵔ∞*°゜゚⁰ᵒ☉●•⋆.ᵢᵢᵢ₇.。・°'¨⋋ⓚⓔⓝⓣⓤⓔⓠⓤⓘ⋌¨'°・。.₇₇₇.⋆•●☉ᵒ⁰゜゚°*∞ᵔᵕᵔ⁷‘“*
    ⊰☠ ℑcℯ ℰℒℱ ☠⊱

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Loest is more OP than Elad, who's Queen OP. Not much else to say there. Finding excuses for it is not gonna improve this game.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I dunno.

I've always thought of Loest as a not-so-good hero.

If you want to aggro people, you rather play Aramia for fairly obvious reasons. Not talking about OP or anything but Aramia's hero ability is just better for that sort of thing (Eladwen has a similar problem with her hero ability compared to Aramia in that it's not innately aggressive which is what you want in an aggressive deck).

If you want to play control, sure, but the 5SE cost is going to hinder more than help so Elad should be a better choice there, unless you just automatically die to something Elad can't deal with but at that point I don't think the deck's going to be that great.

Definitely could be wrong tho.