Close

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    i agree. losses ruins SE. we should all be winning.
    Want to Join A1?

A1: Evolution in Theory. To stop evolving is to die.

It is one of my greatest hopes that in the future, mankind achieves enlightenment so high we would not need rules, laws, or government to keep the peace and govern ourselves. By our own motivation and volition, we would do what is right and just because it is right and just. This is the central tenet of anarchy. Not chaos and lawlessness, but free will and self-actualization.

Visit my blog: Potpourri

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Thanks guys. I admit that I am not used to deal with Losest yet.

My point is that 5 - 7cc cards are where the fun things happen. They all have fun abilities and high HP/durability. It is clueless to just exile them. Even if Losest turns out to be not R1, it still makes SE less fun.
    Sure steadfast is immune to exile. I am thinking about carrying Gunther instead of Aeon for that reason.
    Or maybe 4 Priest of the Light or 4 Shadowspawn...

And I mentioned hidden and protector as fun abilities. I am not saying Losest can deals with them or anything.
    Last edited by udacian; 04-12-2014 at 12:30 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Jao View Post
    i agree. losses ruins SE. we should all be winning.
    i disagree. losses ruin players, not SE.
    Dark Samurais - Live if you can; Die if you must; But fight always with honor.

http://darksamurais.boards.net/

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Loest is good...but NPE? Not even close. Like someoned else already said, u have to play around him. Maybe with DP only cards hes more of a pain, but the full set makes him just another hero. You have to BAIT him. Know what hes going to do and have a plan to deal with it.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by udacian View Post
    Thanks guys. I admit that I am not used to deal with Losest yet.

My point is that 5 - 7cc cards are where the fun things happen. They all have fun abilities and high HP/durability. It is clueless to just exile them. Even if Losest turns out to be not R1, it still makes SE less fun.
    Sure steadfast is immune to exile. I am thinking about carrying Gunther instead of Aeon for that reason.
    Or maybe 4 Priest of the Light or 4 Shadowspawn...

And I mentioned hidden and protector as fun abilities. I am not saying Losest can deals with them or anything.
    Ah I see, sorry for the misunderstanding. Well that's part of the thing that makes Loest "fun" (fun is subjective, so maybe not everyone thinks he's fun). I don't really agree that he makes the game duller, but his ability itself is rather simple which is probably why you and some others would find it dull (especially since he can erase cards like King's Pride easily). However, to me at least, that's just the challenge you're up against when fighting against Loest. Playing around that ability and waiting/forcing the ability out is key to keeping those game changing cards on the board. Its a good example of something you're opponent can do that changes the way you have to play to succeed via the situation it creates (I guess that could be said about most hero abilities) which is what card games are kind of about (adapting to the situation from what's on hand/likely to happen).

Either way, there's nothing wrong with complex effects and just fun things to do and I too would like to see more interesting effects than just damage/destruction. We do have some cards like that, but it may not be so obvious at first.
    Was the Leader of Acolytes of A1

A1's Dimensional Eyes in the Sky
    A1 Alliance: Evolution in Theory
    PFG3 Leader

Was Shadow Era Community Manager

Sota, The Switch Axe Monster Hunter

"When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all."
    "Humans fight to secure peace as they envision it. The trouble is, everyone's vision is different." - Ringabel

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    There is a unique strategy to dealing with Loest, just as there is a unique strategy for dealing with every hero. I'm sure as you get more exposure, you'll develop better techniques of dealing wit him.

Sure, the first Aeon/Sandworm/Raven/something big he can't deal with another way you drop is going to be exiled... but then you've got 5 free turns to get rolling.

Side note:
    Why do I keep reading that Eladwen is OP? I have seen that a bunch lately but have never found her OP. This is a serious question. Please explain to me, because I must be missing something.
    White Wolf of Rivia
    Warrior of the Blue Pheonix
    Greatness, Reborn

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyell125 View Post
    There is a unique strategy to dealing with Loest, just as there is a unique strategy for dealing with every hero. I'm sure as you get more exposure, you'll develop better techniques of dealing wit him.

Sure, the first Aeon/Sandworm/Raven/something big he can't deal with another way you drop is going to be exiled... but then you've got 5 free turns to get rolling.

Side note:
    Why do I keep reading that Eladwen is OP? I have seen that a bunch lately but have never found her OP. This is a serious question. Please explain to me, because I must be missing something.

Setting aside Hero card pool, I always choose Banebow > Zaladar > Eladwen on Meltdown.
    INDO Language Sub-Forum

[SF]Solo Nish/Loest
    Ythan Redthorn, Rush of the Twilight Deck
    Zaladar, Alpha Strike Deck
    Bloodfang, Howl of the Pack Deck

Eyes of the Phoenix
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

IGN: BP Dragon
    Favorite SE activity: Meltdown & Deck-Building
    Favorite Card: Anklebreaker
    Favorite Hero: Majiya

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by udy View Post
    I see we got some good discussion here.

The best way to prove your point is to play Loest, be on the top 100 QM Ladderboard or win some tournament with it. The bigger the tourney, the better.
    Act speak louder than words.
    that is the worst argument ever, and really insulting to "invite" someone to play a card that you know they already hate. But if it's your goal to piss people off then I'd suggest you keep making that argument

1.27 Tournament Champion Raphael Majere's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sprinkles View Post
    that is the worst argument ever, and really insulting to "invite" someone to play a card that you know they already hate. But if it's your goal to piss people off then I'd suggest you keep making that argument
    I think u misunderstood him. Udy is simply trying to say that loest is a 'ok' hero and does not ruin SE as suggested by OP and title. Insufficient knowledge or inability to deal with loest =/= SE is ruined. But then again, maybe loest is truly OP and udy missed it and hence he suggested as such.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    There is a couple reasons. The first is the ease in rushing that eladwens card pool allows. The second is all those burn spells that are available to eladwen. That's honestly makes up most of your eladwen decks you see right now in the qms. Also, there is eladwens ability. It out right kills an opps ally or freezes them so they can keep attacking you.
    Mage Guardian of Gilead
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn