Close

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Plague View Post
    Lone Wolf decks rely heavily on decking and they try to control the battlefield with Rabid Bite, Captured Prey, Now You're Mine, Full Moon and Rain Delay. Works well for decks with 30-40 cards but against decks with more cards than this it's a loosing battle. I've played Darkclaw since I've started in 1.24 and I've tried nearly every possible combination of cards and so far Darkclaw + allies seems to be the winning combination against majority of decks.
    I hardly see moonstalker in my matches. None in fact. Ally-less darkclaw is not an issue to my majiya. Not trying to brag or anything... But mu burn spells have more focus now... All to darkclaw. What i need to do just destroy lonewolf. Im having more issues with darkclaw+allies cos i have to manage my burn spells. And against majiya burn, all ur ally control cards is useless. There is not much u can do with 1 behemoth in play. If he dies, just cast another one.

I have darkclaw deck too from 1.23. Loved it, ally-less. But when i tried in 1.24, it didnt perform as good as before. If u said i didnt play it right, why i had success before? The damage in 1.24 to prevent is much bigger compared to what he can take n heal.

I tried with ally n it worked better. Maybe its just my style. And yes im waiting for more wolf cards to make him competitive again.
    Or maybe i try moonstalker instead.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    @Reshiram: I wonder the guy playing with you used a third-party software to win the game ;]]. btw Pack Wolf is going to be buffed in v1.26, so your Darkclaw will appear more.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Melodia View Post
    I hardly see moonstalker in my matches. None in fact. Ally-less darkclaw is not an issue to my majiya. Not trying to brag or anything... But mu burn spells have more focus now... All to darkclaw. What i need to do just destroy lonewolf. Im having more issues with darkclaw+allies cos i have to manage my burn spells. And against majiya burn, all ur ally control cards is useless. There is not much u can do with 1 behemoth in play. If he dies, just cast another one.

I have darkclaw deck too from 1.23. Loved it, ally-less. But when i tried in 1.24, it didnt perform as good as before. If u said i didnt play it right, why i had success before? The damage in 1.24 to prevent is much bigger compared to what he can take n heal.

I tried with ally n it worked better. Maybe its just my style. And yes im waiting for more wolf cards to make him competitive again.
    Or maybe i try moonstalker instead.
    I've played against Majiya and Nishaven burn decks with my Darkclaw deck and in my experience Infernal Gargoyle+Full Moon+Regeneration>Majiya and Nishaven Burn decks. Infernal Gargoyle is a difficult card for a mage to get rid of if you're playing a burn deck, you need to cast at least two spells to get rid of him and that allows me to play other allies while you're busy dealing with him. Full Moon=complete invulnerability for 2 turns, need I say more. Regeneration is there to help against Poison Gas and Engulfing Flames. In all my matches against mages in the end the luck of the draw decided if I would win or lose, but I must confess mages are in a better position than me because of Research and other cards that allow them to draw cards while Wulven generally only have Belladona for 4 resources or HBM. The best match I've had so far that I've lost was against a fellow Wulven player that played an ally-less Lone Wolf deck. It was a kind of a clash of two different ways of playing Wulven. In any case, I still think Wulven are not the worst heroes when you get to play them a bit.
    In game name: Plague12
    "...I don't lecture, I don't rap, I'm no bureaucrat; I'm just a guy out of nowhere came to be involved in something five-hundreds times bigger than you and me." - Nines Rodriguez, Anarch

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Yes.. Wulven with gargoyle is very annoying to burn deck. Thats why i mentioned, to go with ally. For me, wulven is much more playable than other heroes such as Logan, baduru, and maybe victor.

Oh and i have 4 engulfing n poison. Prepared for zhanna actually cos i see her more than wulven. And i cast engulfing or poison only 1 at a time... Dont be too greedy unless if i know how many cards have my opp played.

Basically burn deck has so much trouble with heroes that can heal often. Cos i can run out of burn spells.
    Last edited by Melodia; 04-25-2011 at 01:51 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    i didn't mean to rip at him or you... but people have to understand how to become
    creative and think things through by looking at the card pool and make decisions
    based on that... NOT what one person says will work, even including the fact that
    person has a good track record at producing competitive decks =P

And btw, i find that wbt is in fact a bad card without more support...

And Aeon tears the deck a new asshole no matter which build or format...
    I really want GOOD wulven support in the next format

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    I don't play gargoyles in my deck but I'm considering it for early board presence against burn decks. The 2 regeneration are also pretty great against burn, you can neutralize 2 fireballs and 2 gas/flames. For Aeons, you should typically already have board control and have a plasma behemoth or 2 out, and just drop a captured prey and beat away. I DO NOT resource captured prey at all against human decks except for burn decks and if the situation requires. Rabid bite is so awesome.
    Fire Snakes are high in Vitamin D.

Account for Gondorian to put crystalz into: Reshiram99

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by happ View Post
    i didn't mean to rip at him or you... but people have to understand how to become
    creative and think things through by looking at the card pool and make decisions
    based on that... NOT what one person says will work, even including the fact that
    person has a good track record at producing competitive decks =P

And btw, i find that wbt is in fact a bad card without more support...

And Aeon tears the deck a new asshole no matter which build or format...
    I really want GOOD wulven support in the next format
    This guy said it all.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I don't use Rabid Bite in my deck since i play allies. I've tried a couple of ally decks with Rabid Bite but it just doesn't work well with allies. Instead I use Captured Prey and Now You're Mine to control the battlefield while I put some allies into play. Full Moon is especially valuable since it makes you invulnerable for the entire duration of Mind Control and you can then use your ally (if he's not sacrificed by Elementalis) to attack your opponent. Once I even got a Plasma Behemoth back with Life Infusion on him I don't know if people are aware of this but there is also a long-standing bug with Capture Prey and Plasma Behemoth (don't know if it affects other allies with activated abilities) that he can't use his ability (he should be able to) while Capture Prey is on him. I agree with happ that people need to experiment with different cards and strategies, I've done just that, but in the end, at least for me, it all came down to two strategies, Lone Wolf deck or Darkclaw+allies, the rest is just nuances. This is why I'm expecting great things from the next patch, I hope it can bring more options to the Wulven and that it can encourage people to develop new strategies.
    In game name: Plague12
    "...I don't lecture, I don't rap, I'm no bureaucrat; I'm just a guy out of nowhere came to be involved in something five-hundreds times bigger than you and me." - Nines Rodriguez, Anarch