Close

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Release plans for v1.25

The next major release is almost ready! If you haven't been paying attention to the test server updates, this release focuses on fixing a ton of bugs and lots of balance changes to refresh the game.

- web version will be updated to v1.25 immediately
    - downloads for PC and Mac available immediately
    - Android version will be submitted, should be available within a few hours
    - iPhone version will be submitted, should take about 1 week

With this release we will also have a ratings reset and the current leaderboard will go into the hall of fame for season 1.

Since this is primarily a bugfix build, we won't be waiting on the iPhone version to be approved before posting the other platforms. You should note that the multiplayer matches between the versions are kept separate for obvious reasons, so players with v1.25 can only battle other players with v1.25

For a complete list of all the changes, you can visit http://dev.wulven.com:8080/browse/SE

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    - Android version will be submitted, should be available within a few hours
    - iPhone version will be submitted, should take about 1 week
    [/URL]
    lol that's too much different
    Pround to be one of A1 Alliance join us

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    ratings reset
    ratings reset
    ratings reset
    ratings reset
    ratings reset
    ratings reset

!!!!!

Also, awesome that the standalone PC version is out, and that release to everyone comes earlier than the iphone release - but how does that effect iOS players when we're all on 1.25?
    Calmdown * Shadow Era Designer * Logan Stonebreaker & Brutal Minotaur Fan Club

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Calmdown View Post
    but how does that effect iOS players when we're all on 1.25?
    iOS users will be locked in 1.24, and they can play only with those who are still in 1.24 (i.e other iOS users unless you can say no to client upgrades on other platforms).
    BadKarma - Apathetic Carebear of A1 - Eating your rating since 1923
    Internet discussion 101: use facts, not opinions.
    Opinions are like assholes: everybody has one. That doesn't mean the Internet gives a shit about yours.
    Facts, on the other hand, are the same for everyone. This is why the Internet may listen to you once in a while if you use facts.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by BadKarma View Post
    iOS users will be locked in 1.24, and they can play only with those who are still in 1.24 (i.e other iOS users unless you can say no to client upgrades on other platforms).
    Is that an assumption or a certainty?

Because unless there is serverside configuration to stop 1.25 and 1.24 players joining the same game, or new funtionality that only matches 1.24 players against 1.24 players, that won't work.

Not to mention that 1.24 players playing 1.24 against each other whilst 1.25 play 1.25 against eachother opens massive problems and potential exploits to the ranking system.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Yes, as I said "You should note that the multiplayer matches between the versions are kept separate for obvious reasons, so players with v1.25 can only battle other players with v1.25". So that also means v1.24 can only battle players with the same version. We can also enforce "must be using latest version to gain ranking" if needed on the server side.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Yes, as I said "You should note that the multiplayer matches between the versions are kept separate for obvious reasons, so players with v1.25 can only battle other players with v1.25". So that also means v1.24 can only battle players with the same version. We can also enforce "must be using latest version to gain ranking" if needed on the server side.
    It kind of sucks for iOS users I guess, but it's nice for everyone else not to have to wait of course. Android proving superiority over iOS once more

Having two different 'camps' gaining rating is just exploit city waiting to happen though (especially if very few people play on the 'old' version and it becomes easy to play your alt, exploit old bugs, etc), I think that force would be a great idea.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    ie to say, by selecting quick battle on my iphone, i am automatically matched with another iphone user (running on 1.24)?

Junior Member Brainwashcitizens's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Yeah! can't wait for the release, and the ratings reset are such a good idea.

Well done Kyle!

Also, will the test server still be open? As I think it is a really great idea to beta test (especially with such a great community) before any release.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    @ixixvx3: yessss

The test server will remain open and start to be updated with the new multiplayer features coming in v1.26