• Always

0 0%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries

Survey, please respond

Unfortunately, the "waiting for players" bug that sometimes happens at the start of games still exists in 2.801. (For those that don't know, it's when you start a match and it says waiting for players when really it has started and your opponent is in the game but you are stuck outside.)

The question is: who gets it and how often?

This poll is there to find out.

For those who do get it, please reply here and tell everyone the extent to which it has affected you as a player.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I don't play as often as I used to, but I would say rarely.
    Retired Card Game Designer

“Let the future tell the truth, and evaluate each one according to his work and accomplishments.
    The present is theirs; the future, for which I have really worked, is mine”
    ― Nikola Tesla

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I used to get it one version ago. I would wait for about 2 minutes and only when I press cancel search would the server pair me with a player. Of course since I cancelled the queue I would instantly lose and my opponent would be stuck waiting for the game to time out. I haven't got the bug anymore but I've been noticing longer wait times.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Really not that often for me. I've actually been surprised that people get so upset about it, although I guess I can understand if they have high ratings and ratings loss comes with it (does it? It happens so rarely I don't even know)..
    White Wolf of Rivia
    Warrior of the Blue Pheonix
    Greatness, Reborn

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Rarely for me but still annoying.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Never happened to me before.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    People are replying with 2 different understandings (at least it seems that way to me).

The "waiting for opponent" bug that happens while you are in a game (and usually it happens when you have the game won and your opponent quits) has caused me to stop playing SE until this bug is fixed (happened too many times in a two day period while I was in Q.m streak competitions...it needs to be fixed. (By the way, for me it was around 1 in 25...but enough to make the game no longer fun...to play an opponent for 20-30 min, beat them, they quit, and yet I have to take the loss is unacceptable to me)

Some people seem to think the bug you are mentioning is when the wait for an opponent when trying to start a QM game (that has you in a game, but you can't enter it). This one didn't bother me as much but was still annoying.
    Last edited by Shadow Mann; 04-09-2014 at 01:51 PM.
    Avenger of Valhalla
    Warriors of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Mann View Post
    People are replying with 2 different understandings (at least it seems that way to me).

The "waiting for opponent" bug that happens while you are in a game (and usually it happens when you have the game won and your opponent quits) has caused me to stop playing SE until this bug is fixed (happened too many times in a two day period while I was in Q.m streak competitions...it needs to be fixed. (By the way, for me it was around 1 in 25...but enough to make the game no longer fun...to play an opponent for 20-30 min, beat them, they quit, and yet I have to take the loss is unacceptable to me)

Some people seem to think the bug you are mentioning is when the wait for an opponent when trying to start a QM game.
    I think, I got the actual "Waiting for opponent" bug like once.

The rage quit, happens to me maybe what you are describing every so often, I know I have waited a few minutes but still I got the Victory screen.

How long do you wait, once they rage quit?

I know when I am playing someone and I can't chat then I think I lost connection to server, so I concede. I know my wifi kicks me out if another computer or device is streaming a video or something so I just make sure that if it was me that lost the connection, I concede so that my opponent doesn't have to wait or get a Defeat screen for something that was not his fault.
    Proud Member of ETC Guild!
    Enjoying The Camaraderie

IGN: ETC SuperGrover

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I thought "waiting for opponent" bug is when you are waiting for a qm to begin, you are stucked in "waiting for opponent" screen, while the game actually has started...
    Another bug is when my opponent quits, you are stucked in his sac turn. In this case, I usually type "offer draw" and wait another 30 seconds or so. Then I will get the win.

I would say 1 of 25 or lower in latest version for the formal bug, but 1 of 10 for the latter one.
    Last edited by mcley; 04-09-2014 at 03:11 PM.

Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mcley View Post
    I thought "waiting for opponent" bug is when you are waiting for a qm to begin, you are stucked in "waiting for opponent" screen, while the game actually has started...
    Yeah, I meant that one.