Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: RD Baduruu [SF]

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

RD Baduruu [SF]

Everyone's fav deck is back, Resource Destruction Baduruu! Yes, this is the deck with Night Prowler and all the other annoying things, updated just for Shattered Fates!

Hero (1)
    1x Baduruu

Abilities/Items (27)
    4x Here Be Monsters

4x Decoy Trap
    4x Snare Trap

4x Cobraskin Wraps
    4x Night Prowler
    3x Soul Seeker
    4x Grundler's Double

Allies (13)
    3x Morbid Acolyte
    3x Death Collector
    3x Rampant Krygon
    4x Woodland Spotter

41 cards

Going first
    T1: Nothing
    T2: Decoy Trap/Snare Trap
    T3: Trap or Rampant Krygon/Death Collector/Morbid Acolyte (depending on matchup)
    T4: Cobraskin Wraps
    T5: Woodland Spotter + Grundler's Double (try to suicide your first ally so you can get to draw an extra card!)
    T6: Night Prowler

Going second
    T3: Here Be Monsters
    T4: Woodland Spotter + Grundler's Double (kill their turn 3 drop)
    T5: Night Prowler

When you run out of strategies just stall for time by continuously playing Here Be Monsters and Cobraskin Wraps, and waiting for a 5cc Night Prowler + Baduruu ability combo to steal cards (like their item destruction cards)

Time to watch all your opponents ragequit! (for replays check out test server ign: BP Lentan)
    Last edited by lentan; 04-07-2014 at 05:28 PM.
    IGN: BP Lentan

Sentry of the Searing Sun
    Warrior of the Blue Pheonix
    Greatness, Reborn

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I'm still heartbroken over the loss of Thoughtripper Cutlass...

RD Baduruu will survive though. Yours look good.

I've been running mine with pingers (DMT, Forstmare, Bone King). Once you get 3 Undeads in the graveyard, you basically have an infinite supply of ally (Bone King). His 2 ping works well with the bows too. DMT and Pony help taking the board when you get your first weapon out.

I also find The Perfect Shot to be very important. Otherwise, high health allies and damage reducters are a pain IMO.

I haven't really tried Decoy Trap in this build though. Could be interesting as a way to protect Nightprowler...
    FDL TV!

Channel | Thread | Twitter
    Deck Techs, Game Commentary, Replay Analysis and more!

FDL Tips: The Metagame, Balance and You || Empty Hands
    LL Decklists: Serena || Elementalis

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Fou DeLile View Post
    I'm still heartbroken over the loss of Thoughtripper Cutlass...
    Dude, I binned my Baduruu deck immediately upon hearing about the nerf.

Even if it would be possible after that, it's definitely not possible to play the build I played and that's pretty much the only build I liked in the archetype.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Airact View Post
    Dude, I binned my Baduruu deck immediately upon hearing about the nerf.

Even if it would be possible after that, it's definitely not possible to play the build I played and that's pretty much the only build I liked in the archetype.
    I feel your pain, same here. I was actually building the deck IRL (minus the SF stuff obviously) and took it apart when I heard we don't have Cutlass anymore - stupid Gwen, spoiling things for poor Baduruu

Anyway, feedback for the deck. Looks to me like you have a few too many allies especially considering you have Grundler's double. Death Collector dies too easy, I don't like Spotter because you burn through your durability too fast and get left without a weapon. I would put Furrion Terrors in to help retake the board if you lose it. At the moment you have no way to deal with fatties so you need Poison Arrows and Perfect Shots - don't need Snare Traps because Baduruu doesn't give 2 shits about weenies. Also Emore Crossbow is worth looking into, it was made specially for Baduruu. Good luck with the deck!
    Last edited by Twio; 04-07-2014 at 10:53 PM.
    GMT +13
    IGN: Exterminans
    Champion of Shadow Era for New Zealand
    Theme Song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wsdrJmXzISs

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Twio View Post
    I feel your pain, same here. I was actually building the deck IRL (minus the SF stuff obviously) and took it apart when I heard we don't have Cutlass anymore - stupid Gwen, spoiling things for poor Baduruu

Anyway, feedback for the deck. Looks to me like you have a few too many allies especially considering you have Grundler's double. Death Collector dies too easy, I don't like Spotter because you burn through your durability too fast and get left without a weapon. I would put Furrion Terrors in to help retake the board if you lose it. At the moment you have no way to deal with fatties so you need Poison Arrows and Perfect Shots - don't need Snare Traps because Baduruu doesn't give 2 shits about weenies. Also Emore Crossbow is worth looking into, it was made specially for Baduruu. Good luck with the deck!
    Hmm I haven't needed Perfect Shot so far, because by the time my opponent gets any fatties out their hero is within killing range. I have considered adding Ricochet Trap but I can't find space.

As for ally choice, Death Collector, Morbid Acolyte and Rampant Krygon are really very good for dealing with certain strategies.

Death Collector is very good against defensive/stall strategies. It's a fast growing threat. It also gets rid of graveyard recursion.
    Morbid Acolyte is to soak up damage and to shut down ally abilities like stealth/protector/damage reduction/etc.
    Rampant Krygon has haste, acts kinda like a burn. It also makes your normally useless 0/6 Woodland Spotter into a less useless 1/5.

All three allies are pretty bad at regaining board, but RD Baduruu usually takes the board very early. If you lose the board with RD Baduruu you've basically lost the game.

The pinging idea with Bone King seems pretty good though, I faced it in one of my matchups and got saved thanks to MA's ability, but it was quite hard to deal with. But I can't imagine how it would fit into this deck unless I replace all my allies!
    IGN: BP Lentan

Sentry of the Searing Sun
    Warrior of the Blue Pheonix
    Greatness, Reborn

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    My Baduruu (which is somewhere on the forums) had the whole Bone King thing going for it but it pretty much required the Cutlass to be an effective deck.

Then again, I don't think RD Baduruu can be an effective deck without the Cutlass. A deck, sure, but not something that's going to be a threat in tournament play.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Just spent 5600 SC on SF card packs for the only reason to get 4x Decoy Trap. Looks like I'm not very lucky. However, the deck seems to be nice, going to test it.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Emore crossbow
    Ign : fumbiiiiii

Walk freely

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by lentan View Post
    Everyone's fav deck is back, Resource Destruction Baduruu! Yes, this is the deck with Night Prowler and all the other annoying things, updated just for Shattered Fates!

Hero (1)
    1x Baduruu

Abilities/Items (27)
    4x Here Be Monsters

4x Decoy Trap
    4x Snare Trap

4x Cobraskin Wraps
    4x Night Prowler
    3x Soul Seeker
    4x Grundler's Double

Allies (13)
    3x Morbid Acolyte
    3x Death Collector
    3x Rampant Krygon
    4x Woodland Spotter

41 cards

Going first
    T3: Trap or Rampant Krygon/Death Collector/Morbid Acolyte (depending on matchup)
    T4: Cobraskin Wraps
    T5: Woodland Spotter + Grundler's Double (try to suicide your first ally so you can get to draw an extra card!)
    T6: Night Prowler

Going second
    T3: Here Be Monsters
    T4: Woodland Spotter + Grundler's Double (kill their turn 3 drop)
    T5: Night Prowler

When you run out of strategies just stall for time by continuously playing Here Be Monsters and Cobraskin Wraps, and waiting for a 5cc Night Prowler + Baduruu ability combo to steal cards (like their item destruction cards)

Time to watch all your opponents ragequit! (for replays check out test server ign: BP Lentan)
    Where do we go to watch your replays?