Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Blackened Heart bug (still existing and more)

My friends would like to report Blackened Heart bug.
    After a series of testing, they found out when a player have an ally attached with Blackened Heart, once the opponent TARGET this ally, the opponent will lose shadow energy. The "target" act could be with shadow ability (which is right as the description), with a ability card, or with normal attack.
    However, when using Sever Ties to remove Blackened Heart, the opponent won't lose shadow energy. Nova or Nish's ability won't triger, either (which should be also right as the description).

I know this bug is listed, but I think these details are useful and provide more information.

For a record, check last replays of Captain Z vs Windy Sky. I do notice in a game of Elad vs Elementalis, the situation is similar with this reported bug of v2.01.

I also checked JIRA. I'm surprised to see Blackened heart bug hasn't been reported while the sticky thread says "If you see the bug you are about to report on this list, it has already been reported before and is in line to be fixed!"
    Last edited by mcley; 04-07-2014 at 04:44 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I'd have to look up which game of mine I had recently with this, but I had this occur on me too, although it didn't seem to show in the replay, making me wonder if the replay would have ended in an error if I had watched all of it.
    "IT'S TIME TO DUEL!!!"
    "The Magnificent."
    Account for any future SC transfers by Gondorian: BP tman507

Member of PFG3
    Master of Hand-to-hand Combat
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

Official Shadow Era Wiki Moderator

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by mcley View Post
    My friends would like to report Blackened Heart bug.
    After a series of testing, they found out when a player have an ally attached with Blackened Heart, once the opponent TARGET this ally, the opponent will lose shadow energy. The "target" act could be with shadow ability (which is right as the description), with a ability card, or with normal attack.
    However, when using Sever Ties to remove Blackened Heart, the opponent won't lose shadow energy. Nova or Nish's ability won't triger, either (which should be also right as the description).

I know this bug is listed, but I think these details are useful and provide more information.

For a record, check last replays of Captain Z vs Windy Sky. I do notice in a game of Elad vs Elementalis, the situation is similar with this reported bug of v2.01.

I also checked JIRA. I'm surprised to see Blackened heart bug hasn't been reported while the sticky thread says "If you see the bug you are about to report on this list, it has already been reported before and is in line to be fixed!"
    I don't know if it's a bug or not, but nothing seems to be wrong with the description.

It says when an opposing player targets an ally with an ability, their hero loses two shadow energy.

That means, if I target fireball (which is an ability) on your ally with Blackened Heart, my hero should lose 2 shadow energy.

Sever Ties targets the attachment, not the ally, hence I don't lose 2 shadow energy.

Shadow energy abilities are abilities as well. So are ally abilities. If you use these to target that ally with Blackened Heart I'd expect the hero to lose 2 shadow energy.

Attacks should not trigger this effect though, so if it does it is a bug
    IGN: BP Lentan

Sentry of the Searing Sun
    Warrior of the Blue Pheonix
    Greatness, Reborn

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I think the problem that is being reported is that the shadow energy disappears if the ally with BH is targeted by anything, not just abilities. Again, I'd have to check for my fame where this happened, but I'm pretty sure I only targeted his ally with an attack, no abilities.
    "IT'S TIME TO DUEL!!!"
    "The Magnificent."
    Account for any future SC transfers by Gondorian: BP tman507

Member of PFG3
    Master of Hand-to-hand Combat
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

Official Shadow Era Wiki Moderator

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by mcley View Post

That's actually something I'm going to be working on this week.

See, the issue with that list is I created that when I wasn't even hired (as in I was still just a Moderator) and its intent was to help Wulven see which bugs people had been reporting (and help keep the bug report forum a bit cleaner). At that time I did not have access to JIRA and no way to put anything on there myself, so it doesn't surprise me if it was never used (erks me a lot though). Since that time the PFG and everything with SF has been going on and I kinda let the list go unintentionally, so its no longer accurate anyways. I plan to filter through and see which bugs exist still and which one's do not and put them up on JIRA if they aren't already now that I have the access to do so. Then revise the list to be more accurate as I still think it can be a helpful tool for the community if I keep up with it once more. You guys also have my apology for that as well.
    Was the Leader of Acolytes of A1

A1's Dimensional Eyes in the Sky
    A1 Alliance: Evolution in Theory
    PFG3 Leader

Was Shadow Era Community Manager

Sota, The Switch Axe Monster Hunter

"When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all."
    "Humans fight to secure peace as they envision it. The trouble is, everyone's vision is different." - Ringabel

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by tman507 View Post
    I think the problem that is being reported is that the shadow energy disappears if the ally with BH is targeted by anything, not just abilities. Again, I'd have to check for my fame where this happened, but I'm pretty sure I only targeted his ally with an attack, no abilities.
    Yes, I just tried to provide all situations they've tested.
    It works alright for abilities, STs and AOEs, but the major problem is it goes wrong with an attack target. And a side note is, the shadow energy would actually be displayed differently in two sides.

@Demnchi, thank you so much for your efforts! It should be Wulven's duty to watch over bug list...