Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Misanthropy

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Misanthropy

Well then, I seem to create questions and comments regarding my personal beliefs and behaviors.

I dont feel it fair to have these conversations in the threads they occur as it can force mods to close threads. Im stubborn and like to have the last word. So I will link this thread when these discussions arise and also invite you to share your thoughts here.

While I expect there may be emotional debates and feelings flying around I will do my best to keep things on an intellectual level and will avoid intentionally provoking an emotional response. i request you do the same so that this thread can be kept alive for future issues and prevent innocent posters from losing thier threads.

Please do not be afraid to post exactly what you mean to say and feel. I do not pretend to use this to make me more acceptable or palatable but perhaps, if needed, this will allow for boundaries to be set.

Approach me without emotion to get the best response, be thoughtful in your comments and expect a reply from me.

I also invite staff to express their concerns here as well but do ask you understand I grant no favoritism to those in power and will respond to you as if you were any other member here.

Tl:dr Get it off your chest

Allow me now to begin by continuing a conversation started in another thread. i felt this was a valid question and deserved a response.

Quote Originally Posted by Leviosablade View Post
    Everyone has a right to be the way they choose I shall not argue it.

My question is:
    If you hate people so much why socialize on a social network? I.E: shadow era forums(which is now the myspace for shadow era but cooler)
    And also is everything ok? Any problems you wanna talk about pm me I'm a good listener I do not judge I try to help the best I can and I firmly stand by it.

Do not confuse misanthropy and antisocial behavior. My mistrust and disdain towards the human race does not mean I refuse to communicate.

Im here to talk about the game and its mechanics to learn and perhaps teach. This does not require me being polite or socially acceptable as I do not need to like you to learn from you.

As to your altruistic and philanthropist comment about helping me. Why do you feel that A. Because i distrust the human race that I would trust you or B. that me being me is reason to believe Im broken. Do not be afraid to be yourself if it is not the social norm and do not let people twist who you are to fit a politically correct and socially acceptable idea.

----

I did recieve a reply via pm to this statement but it contains information that he/she may not want public but my reply may also help others to understand where this comes from.

---

I have my issues and like most misanthropes I was born from extreme optimism. Constant let down and broken promises made me who I am. I appreciate the effort to fix your fellow man but I cant be fixed until the human race proves itself to not be the lying, manipulative, cold, and heartless race of human beings that it has shown me it is.

There are exceptions, maybe your one, but the sad truth whether you believe it or not is simple. "Everybody lies"
    Last edited by Misanthropic; 07-27-2014 at 11:33 PM.
    Misanthropy is the general hatred, distrust or disdain of the human species or human race. The word's origin is from Greek words μῖσος (misos, "hatred") and ἄνθρωπος (anthrōpos, "man, human").

“I expect nothing of man, and disown the race. The only folly is expecting what is never attained; man is most contemptible when compared with his own pretensions. It is better to laugh at man from outside the universe, than to weep for him within.”
    ― H.P. Lovecraft

Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Umm, what's the point of this thread? You say you are "here to talk about the game and its mechanics to learn and perhaps teach". Just do that then. Stick that in your signature instead of the other stuff and get on with it.

Otherwise, you just look like you are attention-seeking and you're using the other explanation as a false reason to be here.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Frankly, I don't care about your beliefs and I don't think you should use them as an excuse to be disrespectful.

It just seems to me like you're terrible at arguing/having a discussion.

You react aggressively to mundane remarks that question your opinion and then go haywire.

I hope you enjoy your spotlight.
    FDL TV!

Channel | Thread | Twitter
    Deck Techs, Game Commentary, Replay Analysis and more!

FDL Tips: The Metagame, Balance and You || Empty Hands
    LL Decklists: Serena || Elementalis

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    hi, from what i've read and your Lovecraft quote in your sig i kinda get the impression that there's a goth or metalhead teen that wants to be somebody, so you picked misanthropy to appear interesting, the typical thing for of the culture (depression, xenophobia, etc. goes along side it), you clearly like to talk about it, which is unusual for misanthropes, i'm not saying that it never happens, so i ask you one thing - what kind of music do you like? (cuz if im right i know you will want to promote your bands i do expect to see some lovecraftian black metal if you get to talk bout it)

now if i'm wrong, seek help brother, any mental illness is a huge burden (especially the ones that works around hatred) and you will understand this only when you get rid of it, that's the main reason it's so hard to start doing something about it
    Æon Of Harmony,
    Warriors Of The Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

Guide to withholding information

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Gondorian View Post
    Umm, what's the point of this thread? You say you are "here to talk about the game and its mechanics to learn and perhaps teach". Just do that then. Stick that in your signature instead of the other stuff and get on with it.

Otherwise, you just look like you are attention-seeking and you're using the other explanation as a false reason to be here.
    I refuse to simply accept defeat and walk away when challenged.
    These debates spring from my abrasive nature and derail threads.
    I thought this would be a viable alternative to those who needed to discuss my nature instead of the topic.

Quote Originally Posted by FDL View Post
    Frankly, I don't care about your beliefs and I don't think you should use them as an excuse to be disrespectful.

It just seems to me like you're terrible at arguing/having a discussion.

You react aggressively to mundane remarks that question your opinion and then go haywire.

I hope you enjoy your spotlight.
    The moment you all stop reacting to me being abrasive the second this kind of thing dissappears.

If Im in the spotlight, you all put me here.

If you dont care about me or my beliefs why post at all? If you think im attention-seeking, why give me what I want.
    Misanthropy is the general hatred, distrust or disdain of the human species or human race. The word's origin is from Greek words μῖσος (misos, "hatred") and ἄνθρωπος (anthrōpos, "man, human").

“I expect nothing of man, and disown the race. The only folly is expecting what is never attained; man is most contemptible when compared with his own pretensions. It is better to laugh at man from outside the universe, than to weep for him within.”
    ― H.P. Lovecraft

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Satanaitis View Post
    hi, from what i've read and your Lovecraft quote in your sig i kinda get the impression that there's a goth or metalhead teen that wants to be somebody, so you picked misanthropy to appear interesting, the typical thing for of the culture (depression, xenophobia, etc. goes along side it), you clearly like to talk about it, which is unusual for misanthropes, i'm not saying that it never happens, so i ask you one thing - what kind of music do you like? (cuz if im right i know you will want to promote your bands i do expect to see some lovecraftian black metal if you get to talk bout it)

now if i'm wrong, seek help brother, any mental illness is a huge burden (especially the ones that works around hatred) and you will understand this only when you get rid of it, that's the main reason it's so hard to start doing something about it

I wear this on my sleeve as a warning to others who seek to befriend or expect me to be what im not. It can be interesting and does land me in the spotlight. This is just something I learned to do on the internet because of the way people freaked out when I wasnt what I was supposed to be. I make remarks when I feel I lend. Unique perspective or just to get a laugh. These debates erupt because i dont act like you and dont stand aside when someone gets on my case about it.

Im 32 years old. I wear casual-dress clothing and a successful artist.
    I prefer wordless music from classical to techno. Enya is by far my favorite musical artist. Albeit eccentric, she locks herself away during recording to not tarnish her music with outside influence, truly unique. Or would everyone be happier if I just said it was Huey and the News, hip to be square, and yes i am wearing a raincoat.

Misanthropy is not a mental illness any more than philanthropy is. So unless mother theresea needs therapy, i dont feel i do either.
    Last edited by Misanthropic; 07-28-2014 at 12:02 AM.

― H.P. Lovecraft

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Do you like psytrance, Mr Misanthropy? I love Astral Projection.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Oh wait, I assumed you are a guy. Are you a guy?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    ok discussion whether it is mental illness/disorder aside, i tell you one thing, there are ways to get rid of it
    Æon Of Harmony,
    Warriors Of The Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

Guide to withholding information

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Satanaitis View Post
    ok discussion whether it is mental illness/disorder aside, i tell you one thing, there are ways to get rid of it
    Sure there are but until I feel that it is the best choice for me it is irrelevant. i will not change to make others feel better. I can also have a sex change but that doesnt mean Im better off as a woman.

Quote Originally Posted by Gondorian View Post
    Do you like psytrance, Mr Misanthropy? I love Astral Projection.
    Yes, I am male.
    While I cant picture the exact genre of 'psytrance' I do enjoy trance. Its slow progression and hypnotic sounds can help quiet my mind when I work but I favor dubstep and house for techno.

Explore the works of Jean Michelle Jarre if you like a trance sound. While not dance, it is still electronic. The album Oxygen can relate the audio experiences of floating in space. Equinox has a deep sea feel.
    Last edited by Misanthropic; 07-28-2014 at 12:23 AM.

― H.P. Lovecraft