Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Lightbulb Banebow Resource War Deck

* Edit: Deck has been tuned up. Working much more efficiently. Take a look. *

So here is my Banebow Deck, I've seen some other decks that employ the Bounty Hunter with Banebow idea. But I'm pretty proud of this deck, especially with the win I pulled out minutes before this post. I had a pretty bad draw against a Moonstalker, ended up with 1 HP while he still had 22 or so. Thanks to the way this deck's chemistry comes together, lots of poison, and a few lucky draws I got the win. So here we go. This is my Banebow Resource War Deck

Cards: 46: (45 + Hero)

Hero: Banebow

Allies: (16)

3 Cobra Demon
    2 Darkwood Wraith
    2 Death Mage Thaddeus
    3 Furrion Terror
    2 Infernal Gargoyle
    2 Kairos Doombringer
    2 Morbid Acolyte

Abilities: (23)

1 Bad Santa
    4 Bounty Hunter
    2 Net Trap
    3 The Perfect Shot
    4 Poison Arrow
    1 Sever Ties
    2 Shriek of Vengeance
    2 Surprise Attack

Items: (7)

3 Grundler's Double
    2 Soul Seeker
    3 Wrath of the Forest

One thing we can all agree on: Not a 100% Orthodox deck. But I've edited a lot and this is what I've enjoyed using.
    Something you'll notice that was not in here before the edit: Wrath of the Forest. Frankly, when I build the deck I wanted it and they were out of stock at the Merchant (Same problem I'm currently having with Bad Santa. Separate Issue). But this deck has been a lot of fun to play. It uses Surprise Attack as a more creative draw engine. With The Poison Arrow + Banebow ability combo or Poison + The Perfect Shot, it's easy to knock out a few allies on the board quickly, and if one of your Bounty Hunter cards is in play you'll also pick up a few resources.

A couple other cards that are excellent in here are Cobra Demon, who has two methods of poisoning enemy allies, as well as defender and a great 5 HP. This card saved me in a few matches. When you can't save up or don't care to use BB's ability, you can direct your Shadow Energy through your Cobra Demons, who'll deliver poison as well as a point of damage. And if they only have one point of health left it poisons before killing so that it counts as a Bounty Hunter kill, rewarding you with yet another resource.

Added DMT because, as the savvy gentlemen from ETC pointed out, he is a perfect fit for this deck.

A card that wasn't in here before the edit was Furrion Terror, and now I just want to know where it's been all my life. I love this card in this deck. Great at helping wipe the board, immune to Novas, just a great card all around.

Also, when your deck is created to give you a ton of resources, you can afford to enjoy the use of Shriek of Vengeance.

I hate choosing between Morbid Acolyte and Infernal Gargoyle for this deck, so I run 2 of each, but if I had to choose I would go MA. Removing passive abilities, Stealth provided by a hero, whatever effect you need removed: he's clutch.

The last piece of genius in this deck is running Darkwood Wraith, who provides great card control, whether you're removing enemy allies from the board, or putting one of your own allies back in your hand to redeploy him unscathed (think Crippling Blow, Captured Prey, Consuming Fear). This however, was not my idea. I saw the idea to use DW in a comment from adawg45601 on a Victor Deck Post. Which you can read (and find his other comments) here:

http://www.shadowera.com/showthread....ope-for-Bounty

I didn't keep track of streaks, but before the season ended last month this was the primary deck I ran, and I stayed in the High 290s to low 320s for most of the month. I've been letting it rest, but after that win today, I'm thinking I'm gonna take this dog for a walk.

Tweaks I would recommend besides leaning it out would be switching out Pride for Wrath of the Forest (Which I did). The only thing I would say is this isn't an ally loaded deck, so Pride has the advantage of letting you draw when you kill the opponents allies. However, since a lot of allies also die on the opponents draw due to poison, you don't always get draws for kills (Pride only rewards combat kills). It's up to you. Also you can choose Infernal Gargoyle or Morbid Acolyte, switch up your Bows, and switch up Kairos for the Fatty of your choice.

It can handle most decks pretty well. However, this deck is more about building resources up by poisoning and killing allies. Therefore a mage rush that focuses on burning and doesn't use many allies can go poorly for you. The same for some rather fiendish Darkclaw decks. Most other types of decks are really a fair matchup here. Just take some time to get the hang of how it works before you charge in and trash your rating.

Hope you guys enjoy the deck. Happy Hunting.

Jack
    Last edited by SimpleJack93; 04-05-2014 at 10:50 AM. Reason: Deck Changes, different analyses
    Excellence Through Cohesion

ETC Member

IGN: ETCSimpleJack

"Do not pray for easy lives. Pray to be stronger men"
    - President John F. Kennedy

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    You will love Skervox then, the new Shadow Hunter Hero.

I think you should revisit A Legend Falls vs Perfect Shot Argument. Only allies that A Legend Falls can kill and are fairly common are Puwen and Karash. And using 4cc card to kill 2cc ally is not very cost effective. There are numerous of ways to deal with allies that are hit by perfect shot: BB ability, ally on board, weapons, on summon abilities like Death Mage Thadeus and Furrion Terror.

Another card I would strongly advise to change is battle plans. I know it looks cool but it doesn't actually allow you to draw next card. And you never know if you will need that first card soon. So I would recommend some stable draw over it like Wrath of the Forest or Sac Lamb.Draw problem ties in directly to the goal of your deck. Piling up on resources doesn't mean much if you don't have cards to used them.

And last thing. I would consider using Shadow Knights, 3 of them. Once you get high on resources you can start looping them.

Also maybe consider replacing Kairos with Scourge. Kairos stadfast is good vs some cards, like retreat, Dagger of Unmakking because of his steadfast but I think Scourge's item destruction may be more beneficial.

Anyway some thoughts about this deck. Most important thing is that you are having fun playtesting and theorycrafting.
    Retired Card Game Designer

“Let the future tell the truth, and evaluate each one according to his work and accomplishments.
    The present is theirs; the future, for which I have really worked, is mine”
    ― Nikola Tesla

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Agree with what Veles says. Also would consider Snare Trap over Net Trap, plus get another Grundlers Double to replace that Guardians Oath.
    Extra Tough Claws - Proud Member of ETC

Articles | Decklist | Fan Fiction

Shadow Era Art Thread | PB @ DeviantArt

PFG Member | I've been interviewed!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Perfect Shot > A Legends Rises

Banebow should have no trouble dealing with more fragile or squishier allies. It is the beefier ones where he has issues with and the reason why Perfect Shot is used.

You should also get hold of some Furrion Terror as they help you re-establish your board if it is loss in combination with Banebow ability. If banebow loses board control, it is pretty much over for him given how and I'll quote Preybird "kill them with bug bites" type of Deck.

Would also suggest some Sacrificial Lambs in there too for burst draw option. You want to be able to keep the pressure up as much as possible with Banebow.
    I like my weapons how I like my music. Heavy and metal!
    -Mordekaiser

Writer of Falseblood Cultist and Thriss Crucible flavor texts.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    In addition to Veles post I would switch out the two Karash (you got way more other T2 plays then T3 and T3 is way more crucial) for 2 DMT. They just synergize with BB so well, especially for dealing that last damage on a 5/3 HP ally. Next I would drop the Wulven Savage (running only 1 is way too situational) + 2 ITFs and add 3 Furrion Terror. This deck seems to like getting a bit behind on the board once in a while and FT can deal when summoned massive damage, especially for taking out those pesky Jasmines against your opponents board. He combos well with Pride of the mountain as well, if you are sticking to that armor. I would cut 1 Darkwood Wraith and add another 3cc ally, because atm you are only running 4 (with my additions, 6) which doesnt get you to draw a 3cc ally drop on turn 3 reliably... and you really need a strong play on T3. Doing nothing is fatal. Especially with Banebow who always has to combo damage sources with his ability. Hope I could help!
    BP Karlos4

Preceptor of Dice
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Hey Jack, you got lots of advice from really good players

I could not find any matches in your history other than one from 2W ago. What version are you playing on?
    Proud Member of ETC Guild!
    Enjoying The Camaraderie

IGN: ETC SuperGrover

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Ah, that could be because I play on the MacBook Pro App? I played a lot of games this afternoon. The only time I'm not on the app is when I play the beta. So I'm not completely sure. But yeah, I'll definitely take a lot of this to hear and refit this deck accordingly.

ETC Member

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Are you using the latest version? 2.8 I think it is (Version is shown on login screen).
    I like my weapons how I like my music. Heavy and metal!
    -Mordekaiser

Writer of Falseblood Cultist and Thriss Crucible flavor texts.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Just finished editing the deck, giving it some test runs before I post the new lineup!

ETC Member

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I certainly wasn't haha. Updating as we speak.

ETC Member