Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Why this game sucks so much?

It's balanced and all (maybe) but... 95% of time I face Eladwen or her twin Loest. That's partly because they're strongest heroes in the game and mostly because of this score system that forces you to play and win as quick as you can, with little to no room for strategy or some sort of thinking process.
    It's not that you can't win against them, but it's incredibly boring and annoying. I came back into QM after months just to pull some rust away and try the special BP hero of the month, aka Jericho
    And now I feel that all I've seen in these first 2 days is also what I can expect for the rest of the season. I click "quick game" and players may change, but I will face the same hero, the same Kris, the same Puwen, the same Aldon, excetera... I can't believe Kyle and design team still promote this new score system like the one that lets people play more, proving that the game is so exciting.
    While it's a matter of fact that quick games were far more exciting months ago, at least during early season when you could have the thrill of facing crazy decks here and there, or at least a bunch of different heroes. So Shadow Era has gone backwards during last year, while competitors grow up day after day.
    This rant has probably no purpose, I just wanted to write a phew lines against Elad, that's it
    I stick to SE because sometimes I'm too lazy to even download other games, and the community here is damn good. But I nearly lost my hope that this game will make me scream "Wow" again one day. If Kyle reads this post can he open a ranking for Jericho players, please? Thanks in advance

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I think Shadow Era was designed for "mobile first" in mind and the quick fast games involved with that. Think that mentality should change. Yes, we have a large mobile playerbase, but I feel being able to play on your mobile device and your computer as a nice perk.
    I like my weapons how I like my music. Heavy and metal!
    -Mordekaiser

Writer of Falseblood Cultist and Thriss Crucible flavor texts.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I agree. Elad and Loest are both strong heroes, but not OP. Imo the problem is that a huge proportion of QM players want to win fast to grind rating/experience/gold. This has always been the case, but it's been encouraged by the new rating system. The easiest way to grind is to play these auto-pilot rush decks which are effective, but annoying and monotonous for other players. On the DP server, I recently found that 50% of players with between 200-300 rating use 20% of the available heroes (namely Eladwen, Amber, Zaladar and Darkclaw).

I rarely play QM nowadays because it's always the same decks. The recent Slugfest was the most fun playing SE I'd had in a while, and I realise I'd much rather play tournaments than against copy-paste tier 1 decks in QM. I'm hoping that SF will bring some variety.
    GMT +13
    IGN: Exterminans
    Champion of Shadow Era for New Zealand
    Theme Song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wsdrJmXzISs

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Down with the ranking system!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Down with Red Deck Wins!
    Kicker of puppies, slasher of babies, and primordial Elder Lich.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Rush Elad and Rush Loest are not OP. After you climb out of the lower rankings u should see a better playing experience. QM score system is a joke anyways. But it is conducive for grinding gold, fast games and easy wins, so it is what it is...
    IGN A1 WrathOfCroft

The Unique Never Assimilate

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Twio View Post
    I agree. Elad and Loest are both strong heroes, but not OP. Imo the problem is that a huge proportion of QM players want to win fast to grind rating/experience/gold. This has always been the case, but it's been encouraged by the new rating system. The easiest way to grind is to play these auto-pilot rush decks which are effective, but annoying and monotonous for other players. On the DP server, I recently found that 50% of players with between 200-300 rating use 20% of the available heroes (namely Eladwen, Amber, Zaladar and Darkclaw).

I rarely play QM nowadays because it's always the same decks. The recent Slugfest was the most fun playing SE I'd had in a while, and I realise I'd much rather play tournaments than against copy-paste tier 1 decks in QM. I'm hoping that SF will bring some variety.
    rofl, sf will just be worse with everyone playing aramia rush. i dont know what i prefer, cause millstalker used to be an issue until this ranking system was put in place, and to be honest when you get above 300 rating you play a little more variety, i see lance and this one guy plays gwen, honestly i see almost every hero but logan and victor. but yeah the FTA eladwen noobs are annoying but honestly i prefer it to milstalker, i fucking hate that deck, even though i can beat it, i just dont like to play vs it
    IGN: AO1 Pjoe0211
    Trophy Case
    3rd in first tourny SE tourney ever
    joint winner of 1.27 master tournament
    2nd in crown(9) "Five Classes"
    winner of 7 pop up tourneys
    2nd in 4 pop up tourneys
    2nd in green division 1 season 4
    2nd in TJ ironman challenge tourney

Winner of 12 pop ups
    2nd in 16 pop ups
    Winner of [Beta Server] Every Heros Tournament
    2nd in Gondorian's GR34T tournament
    Winner of [SF] : Extremely Tough Challenge: THE DRAFT

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by WrathOfCroft View Post
    Rush Elad and Rush Loest are not OP. After you climb out of the lower rankings u should see a better playing experience. QM score system is a joke anyways. But it is conducive for grinding gold, fast games and easy wins, so it is what it is...
    I don't think he was saying they are Over Powered, but that they are Over Played. It's no fun to see rush after rush after rush after rush after rush after rush after rush after rush after rush after rush after rush after rush after rush after rush after rush after rush after rush after rush after rush after rush after rush after rush after rush after rush after rush after rush. At least with the old ranking we saw variety amongst the decks for skill not speed of games.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I would like to suggest to include rating requirement (maybe at least 300 to be eligible for being in the top 10 and 275 for the rest of the top 100, or could be a variable based on the current highest rated player in the top 100) in addition with the score.

Quality and quantity
    Last edited by Zeuhl; 04-03-2014 at 11:54 PM.
    Weaver of the Sun
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by zeuhl View Post
    i would like to suggest to include rating requirement (maybe at least 300 to be eligible for being in the top 10 and 275 for the rest of the top 100, or could be a variable based on the current highest rated player in the top 100) in addition with the score.

Quality and quantity
    Rejected!!!

Next!!!