Close

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Shadow Era has lost the Crown- 4Now

Hearthstone possibly more balanced than shadow era. Iv played for many hours already that game is nothing short of amazing, obviously since Blizzard is it's producer. The art is gorgeous, presentation, etc. I haven't payed a dime and iv actually been able to gain new cards fast and build nasty decks. Crafting cards is so rewarding and fun. Working hard to gain enough dust to craft that legendary card you've been dreaming of.

Shadow Era is an awesome game but Wulven needs to get some ideas from Hearthstone and also work towards making it easier for beginners to gain cards to compete in rank. In shadow era it would take hours after days after hours to gain enough gold to build a formidable deck, where as in hearthstone I actually prefer not to pay a dime and simply earn my packs in The Arena---OMgosh, the arena is so much fun and rewarding. Now when newer expansions come out and newer ideas, as my love for hearthstone grows, I'll she'll out some cash to gain gold plated cards, legendaries etc. I have to say, in all honestly, Hearthstone is greater in pretty much all aspects of the game, that isn't an insult to SE, that's just a call for Wulven to step their game up. I have to say, I'm disappointed in the amount of money I've shelled out in SE, I shouldn't have had to do that.

My opinions to regain that crown.

• Redo all art in SE which is not good quality, ex. "Campfire"
    • More rewards for player like "The Arena" in Hearthstone.
    • Drop the physical cards for now, spend resources on getting a bigger team.
    • Don't worry, I wouldn't be mad if shadow era took the time to go "under construction" to rework their game strategies and better their art design. If you made it easier for us to gain rewards, if Wulven re did some of the SE cards to get a more high quality design, I wouldn't be mad about all the money I spent to have physical cards that have old artwork, not that I payed for the physical cards, they just came as bonuses, I'm a digital player.
    • Build SE lore---hearthstone is from World of Warcraft, awesome lore.
    Last edited by Capo 9; 04-01-2014 at 06:42 PM.
    "Corruption of the soul is a fate that befalls the weak."

{IGN} Capo 9~ Enlisted{2}Endure {E2E}

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    U r actually the first person from shadow era to give HS good reviews.
    IGN A1 WrathOfCroft

The Unique Never Assimilate

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Capo 9 View Post
    Hearthstone is more balanced than shadow era. Iv played for many hours already that game is nothing short of amazing, obviously since Blizzard is it's producer. The art is gorgeous, presentation, etc. I haven't payed a dime and iv actually been able to gain new cards fast and build nasty decks. Crafting cards is so rewarding and fun. Working hard to gain enough dust to craft that legendary card you've been dreaming of.

Shadow Era is an awesome game but Wulven needs to get some ideas from Hearthstone and also work towards making it easier for beginners to gain cards to compete in rank. In shadow era it would take hours after days after hours to gain enough gold to build a formidable deck, where as in hearthstone I actually prefer not to pay a dime and simply earn my packs in The Arena---OMgosh, the arena is so much fun and rewarding. Now when newer expansions come out and newer ideas, as my love for hearthstone grows, I'll she'll out some cash to gain gold plated cards, legendaries etc. I have to say, in all honestly, Hearthstone is greater in pretty much all aspects of the game, that isn't an insult to SE, that's just a call for Wulven to step their game up. I have to say, I'm disappointed in the amount of money I've shelled out in SE, I shouldn't have had to do that.
    I havent play HS yet (havent got enough free time yet). Your post here grow my eagerness to do that

Are u sure HS beat SE in that "free to play" aspect? I dont think it took that much effort for a newbie to build a decent Boris deck. Buying DP & CotC cards on merchant with gold is so "free to play" friendly. I hardly believe a Blizzard's game was that easy to master without spending a dime.

• Don't worry, I wouldn't be mad if shadow era took the time to go "under construction" to rework their game strategies and better their art design. If you made it easier for us to gain rewards, if Wulven re did some of the SE cards to get a more high quality design, I wouldn't be mad about all the money I spent to have physical cards that have old artwork, not that I payed for the physical cards, they just came as bonuses, I'm a digital player.
    If Wulven do this suggestion, a lot of its player would abandon it. Maybe u wont, but a lot of other players will.
    why? cause to provide SF art, they have spent such unacceptable time. If they decide to redo all art which is not good quality, it would take forever to finish lol
    INDO Language Sub-Forum

[SF]Solo Nish/Loest
    Ythan Redthorn, Rush of the Twilight Deck
    Zaladar, Alpha Strike Deck
    Bloodfang, Howl of the Pack Deck

Eyes of the Phoenix
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

IGN: BP Dragon
    Favorite SE activity: Meltdown & Deck-Building
    Favorite Card: Anklebreaker
    Favorite Hero: Majiya

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Hearthstone is more balanced than shadow era. Iv played for many hours already that game is nothing short of amazing, obviously since Blizzard is it's producer. The art is gorgeous, presentation, etc. I haven't payed a dime and iv actually been able to gain new cards fast and build nasty decks. Crafting cards is so rewarding and fun. Working hard to gain enough dust to craft that legendary card you've been dreaming of.

lol this is clearly an opinion from someone that play HS only 30 minutes

I've been playing HS beta for a while and believe me that the only thing better that HS has is the no bugs policy they have, the rest is all the contrary you said here.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by WrathOfCroft View Post
    U r actually the first person from shadow era to give HS good reviews.
    HS isn't actually a bad game. most people here just say it is because they are loyalists. my only gripe with HS is the random matchmaking - it's fucking pitiful. aside from that, it's easier to understand on a fundamental level, easier to get packs without buying (but at the same time more rewarding to buy packs), has more rewards for constantly playing, and the gameplay is smooth as a whetstone.

it's fine to like both games. it's fine to say you like both games. they both have their own place in the digital CCG niche.
    Last edited by Ekoz; 04-01-2014 at 05:19 PM.
    85-Card mini-set: Gate of the Steelbound.

So you want to take a poll? ∙ Affectionate TVTransvestite TwinRacist CowBag of Dicks

The pen is mightier than the sword, but actions speak louder than words.
    Knowledge is Power, Power Corrupts.
    Sometimes a little chaos is in order.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    To add to my latest post that i agree with Ekoz, both games are good and you can enjoy both but HS is a big fail after all the waiting that us, the fans, had.

Childish art.
    Balance? just play with a guy that has at least 1 legendary and the balance is gone.
    Grinding is a pain in the ass, getting all the cards without spending money will take you years (unless you are an arena master).

What i like from HS is the animations and that the game has almost no bugs. Also the daily quests are really cool.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Colosal View Post
    lol this is clearly an opinion from someone that play HS only 30 minutes

I've been playing HS beta for a while and believe me that the only thing better that HS has is the no bugs policy they have, the rest is all the contrary you said here.
    30min? No actually iv played for the past 2 days, many hours. And recently, the Beta is finished and whatever game I played is the finished top notch version of the game. It's incredible. Of course it's an opinion, a valid one thou

• And to the first comment, yes it's so easy to build a formidable deck. You actually gain cards by leveling up your hero, and the free packs you earn can be kept of you can take each card you don't want, disenchant them to gain arcane dust which is used to craft cards you do want. It's an amazing system! Simply awesome.

• The art style ranges form anime to realistic I believe. It's very nice.
    • If someone pays money to gain a legendary card or worked their butt off to gain a legendary then that's just the reward of being on the battlefield for that long, or paying of course. Dude iv shelled out probably 200 on SE and I wish I didn't. I'd be murdering on Hearthstone if I did that, I prefer not too invest that much money in a card game.
    Legendaries can be nerfed with spells like "Humility" which reduces it's attacked to 1, or destroyed with others, or even stolen with cards like Mind Control which actually gives control of the opponents trump card for good, if you time it's use properly (Priest Card).

Actually SE and hearthstone are both pretty balanced. Hearthstone just has a different style and rhythm. You don't sacrifice cards in HS but you can only have 2 of each type of card.
    Last edited by Capo 9; 04-01-2014 at 06:42 PM.
    "Corruption of the soul is a fate that befalls the weak."

{IGN} Capo 9~ Enlisted{2}Endure {E2E}

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    G_G

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I like "Campfire Stories" art...
    IGN|theLittleGnome

Rising Sun | join now!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Let me understand: you like HS because of you spend money you get legendaries and crush other players with ease? Pay to win?

I admit I played HS only for a couple of weeks (it's more than your 2 days anyway) when in beta so probably I've missed something of it, but I didn't like it so much. I don't say it's a bad game, without SE I would be playing it now, but a part from the smoothness of the graphics I don't find it superior to SE.
    It's less skill intensive and more casual gaming.

However I have to say that Arena is pretty cool and SE should get inspiration from it. Meltdown sucks compared to arena.
    And daily quests are nice too.
    ~~-~~-~~-~~-~~-~~-~~-~~-~~-~~-~~-~~-~~~~-~~-~~-~~-~~-~~

IGN: 17 Shining

1lluminati in 7enebris