Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Necromancer's shroud: a bug? Or broken?

Hello,
    Please check out the game:
    RS namcastle vs The MindReader

My opponent used Necromancer's shroud ability when it had 2 durability which destroyed the shield to bring his ally back. The thing is, in complete contrast to the written words on the card the ally didn't die at the end of the turn.
    Now, my opponent said it was because the shield has left the board.
    Either this is a bug that need to be repaired immediately or it is as intended in which way it is completely broken and down right stuiped (which by the way would make me use it in every deck I can).
    Please fix this, thank you.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    It is intended. Items only work when they are in play, as soon as the item left play it's kill at end of turn would no longer happen.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Armoek View Post
    It is intended. Items only work when they are in play, as soon as the item left play it's kill at end of turn would no longer happen.
    Under that backA crazy logic the ally should not be returning from the graveyard at all cause it will be destroyed before activated.
    There is no logic in this, it need to be fixed!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by The MindReader View Post
    Under that backA crazy logic the ally should not be returning from the graveyard at all cause it will be destroyed before activated.
    There is no logic in this, it need to be fixed!
    No, it makes sense. You activate the ability then the ally comes back and then the durability is paid.

Here is the card ruling from back in 2014 I believe it is still valid.

http://www.shadowera.com/showthread....cer%27s+shroud

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Armoek View Post
    No, it makes sense. You activate the ability then the ally comes back and then the durability is paid.

Here is the card ruling from back in 2014 I believe it is still valid.

http://www.shadowera.com/showthread....cer%27s+shroud

Thank you for the answer.
    This is stupid and make no sense.
    Just because the development team says it make sense does not mean it does.
    But fine, I'll make sure to spoil it if they are stupid enough to let it play this way.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    That's what makes this card fun after all.
    After being on the forum for more than one year I know all the rules and they actually make sense in a weird way. I was thrown off too at first, but when you know the rulebook it makes sense.

I would like to propose a changeable rule book, religions already made a too big mess with unchangable rules ^^

Assassin of the coming winter
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Hi hi!!

First, ty for report, even if the card is already working like should.
    This is good for understand how the game works in advanced rules.

I would ask if is possible to be nice when you do feedback, Dev Team, or any person in the community isn't Stupid =) Even if you are not agree with all.
    So pls, don't do it

About your point, im agree that is a weird behavior, Have sense, even in rules but this is ONLY becouse the condition of "the ally die at the end of the turn" is referenced in the card that trigger the ability, and isn't a effect ON the target.

Maybe we can suggest in the feedback section for a new "Key" in the future. Named... idk, "Condemned".
    With the effect on ally that a condemned ally die at the end of turn. This could make this effect work like "dissabled" or "poison" effects. With a independant counter on the ally without external fonts.

I have no idea if this is designed like actually works for some reason, for some restriction in the resolutions, or just because no one thought before that could gives problem in the future. But actually, the rule is for any ability of this type, with the font's effect in the trigger card, so if the trigger card is removed, the "condemn" is not resolved.
    This isn't the only one case in the game, sames happen if you kill Twilight Shepherdess and the ability has been used in other ally, and until now, this has not gives really problems, but ye... im agree that can be improved and more intuitive if could be referenced from the same ally.

Suggest it!
    Last edited by Arcanes; 01-18-2016 at 11:11 PM.
    ▁ ▂ ▄ ▅ ▆ ▇ █ ⓐⓡⓒⓐⓝⓔⓢ █ ▇ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▂ ▁
    ---------------------------------IGN:Mirrodim------------------------------

Here!! Arcania Expansion !! come and share you ideas!! suggest balanced fixes!! comment you favorite idea!! lets do a virtual edition with 200 cards of user's creations.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    The reason it works is simple. When the ability is activated, the card is still in play, and the durability can still be payed, fulfilling the requirements for the ability to work. Then the card checks at the end of your turn, to see if the ally is still in play, and kills it if it is. If the card is removed from play before this point, it is no longer able to check if the ally is around, and the ally lives
    Ross014 - Intrepid Learner of Secrets
    Warrior of the Blue Pheonix
    Greatness, Reborn