Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Cool N.O.V.A. Legacy - FPS fun

https://www.youtube.com/embed/lPao7v...owinfo=0&rel=0

This game is AWESOME! I don't really fps games in general like I once did, halo in particular bores me and this is basically halo. I played so much of the original halo I started having bizarre dreams where I could hear the grunts cries and that needed to stop. Yeah, that was wrong. Halo also annoyed me because of the lack of consistency in the controls from game to game. wtf? Why microsoft why? So take the grunts out of halo I basically like it again. Halo pvp has always been good except the weird controller changing stuff.

So this game is so much like halo it isn't funny. No melee punch, you can carry 3 weapons and you build/upgrade/paint your gear rpg style rather than just pick it up. Other than that story line stuff is a little different, but with obvious other influences. Corruption enemies - think metroid prime. Your AI is looks more like samus than cortana. The treat is Xeno - which literally means alien. There is a mysterious guy that may or may not be helpful (I am expecting a guilty spark betrayal, tbh). Though the guys name is Promethius and well possible forerunner references are possible too. Don't know. I'm worried I might only have one chapter left.

The controls in this game are amazing! As long as you are not all sweaty or pushing too hard the controls are flawless. Um, did you catch that. Yeah, I find that shocking. Flawless fps controls on a touch screen. I'm confused. The campaign isn't too bad. It starts out too easy - way too easy. But fps on a touch screen, so I guess it's training. After you get to a certain point the missions become easy or hard depending on your entirely random blueprints and upgrades. Getting blueprints/upgrades/skins is easy in this game. My gear is really bad right now, but there are a ton of things I only need one copy of a blueprint and I have the upgrades already waiting ... I'm on day 4.

PvP! Oh yeah! The PvP makes me soo happy in this game. There are two kinds of PvP - a 24 hr one in the background that you have to sign up for. And deathmatch. So right now the background one is just number of kills. I took first on that the day before yesterday. Yesterday was pistol kills. I took 10th with a one star pistol. It's number of kills now and it will be sniper next. The other players are really unpredictable in terms of skill. Some are really skilled, some lose pathetically with three star gear. The matches start quickly unless you have a bunch of people on that are using bad wi fi connections. I hate those matches anyway - end up grabbing the alien and using him to run and hunt down spawn points hopefully faster than the other player who is on a good connection that always ends up no where close to me. Some of the glitches that happen because of people on bad wi fi are hysterical though. Fire a bunch of shot gun shells into the chest of some player and slowly walk around him. He now works as cover for you (until his wi fi un-glitches) and no matter how many times someone else shoots him you will get credit and be shielded. That player is like neo - except without the ability to actually stop the bullets more than once. It would be funny if the game rendered the bullets ... priceless. Bunch of shotgun shot touching another player all over. Paint the player in bullets. Give him three rocket shots to the face. Yeah. Grenades don't work ... literally bounce off the players head ... don't know if the splash damage hits. Still I prefer games with real non afk or glitched players. Hide and seek spawn point searching is lame. Since the game is so new I am hoping they add another PvP map for the jungle.

Anyway - something for when you don't want something a soothing and cerebral as shadow era ...

Sorry the vid doesn't show how much like halo the UI is. Can't link the pic from the android store that shows it and none of the pics on gamelofts site show it. Strange the vid shows vietnamese (I think) and it is the same vid from gamelofts site yet it doesn't show text there. Odd.

Totally forgot my SN/IGN for that game is "BIG SCARY ME" I will be using the pink rocket launcher with hearts - fear me!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    they added melee punch - still using the rocket launcher covered in hearts - it makes me happy

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    don't mock my heart covered rocket launcher