Close

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Ekoz View Post
    hearthstone is very addicting at first. but it soon turns to immediate aggravation.

have you ever played against three separate players in a row, all of whom had 4+ legendary cards (at least) and half of their deck was comprised of very rare golden (holographic, basically) cards?

i have. i didn't spend a single dime in that game, either. yet it seems fit to mach me against players who had to at least have bought 10x the number of packs as me.

Tl;DR that game is frustrating and really lacks a balanced random matchmaking scene.

the issue is; it holds my attention that much better than shadow era. i've played with the same cards forever. i can do little to nothing new, and information is pretty much nonexistant. i stick around the forums specifically for flavour contests. this quote?

that's me. i'm one of those people. the fact that i have to wait nearly twice as long to play around with new cards than many of the dedicated players i'd play the game with is a massive turnoff for me. the thrill and excitement of getting a new roster of cards to play with is long dead. all i'm thrilled about now is the art. i theorycrafted a little bit when the set was released, but someone tried my theory and people say it's not good. well, there goes my excitement of testing it out for myself.

the meta is dictated to me before i can even do anything myself.

and yeah, i know i could have gotten in the beta with you guys. but i had to pay for a aspect of the game i, and a majority of the playerbase, don't actually agree with. long story short, my ability to have fun with many of the more passionate players early on was held ransom at the cost of funding a physical product i don't want and won't use. i'm not going to spend my money for that product; but the price of that comes at having all my excitement for the next big thing stripped away before i can even touch it.

and so i turned to hearthstone. i play the game with my friends. it's less buggy, quicker, and if i'm doing custom matches i don't have to bother with people who buy 200 packs at a time. updates are announced and produced on time. there's less development delay, and no product development backing that a majority of people don't particularly want.

SE, and the company, truly are hanging on the threads that are the most dedicated players, who put so much money into this game early on that they can't fathom leaving it now. can they turn it around? yeah, of course. but their practice needs to become 5000% more transparent, and their business tactics have to stop culling down the playerbase even more. every little thing they do now rewards the most dedicated of players, while spurning the rest. that's how they got themselves in this position.

I'd be happy to go further into this. i'd be happy to explain what i mean. hell, i'd be happy to be able to play this game again without being supremely bored because it is one of the most fairly balanced OS TCG's when it comes to free vs pay. but i'm standing where i'm standing - this game (and the company) is a slowly sinking ship that's slowly burning all of its connections to the dock.
    The problem i have with people like you is that you want to complain and in a sense saying that because we supported this company by actually BUYING Crystals and boosters and whatever, we are paying to win. Its laughable actually becuase in the 1.5 years ive been playing this awesome game, ive spent around $220-250.....but ive played it for COUNTLESS hours. Not just playing it, but theorizing, competeing, discussing, thinking about shadowera. If i averaged about 3 hours a day doing something SE related, it equals out to some absurd cost per hour...last time i sat down and did the math it was less than $.10 an hour.

I dont pay to win. I pay to enjoy myself NOW. Fck grinding for gold when i can spend $20 bux and get whatever i want. Cheap ass people that want to complain about how they wont spend a dime on SE but then want to be treated like people that DO support the company are just pathetic to me.

SE is not pay to win. Plain and simple. EVERY CARD, even legendaries (not counting Loest and Rothem) can be obtained by PLAYING. Want a foil Scourge and Karlstrad? Play Meltdown for a week. Stalk the merchant. No card in this game do u only get if you pay. Plain and simple.

So please, if you are going to continue to not spend ANY money on this game, quit whining about the people who do.

My $.10 an hour is the best deal on gaming ive ever gotten. I have spent my game money on NO other game for the last almost 2 years...where else could you get that kind of ROI?

Edit: Kickstarter was entirely digital rewards....u couldnt chunk down $20 bux? Cmon man....
    Last edited by WrathOfCroft; 03-29-2014 at 03:11 AM.
    IGN A1 WrathOfCroft

The Unique Never Assimilate

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    yeah its really not that hard to get 4 of every card without paying, it does accelerate you tremendously if you spend like 10$ to get you 1 competitive deck quickly and then you can start grinding pop-ups.

I will say that if you want to grind a foil legendary in meltdown you need like 50k gold lol, i had like 40k i think and i ran out the first week doing it. and i had a pretty solid win %

but i bought 2 booster boxes like 2 years ago and i still dont have the bonus DP booster boxes!!

FOCUS ON DIGITAL!
    IGN: AO1 Pjoe0211
    Trophy Case
    3rd in first tourny SE tourney ever
    joint winner of 1.27 master tournament
    2nd in crown(9) "Five Classes"
    winner of 7 pop up tourneys
    2nd in 4 pop up tourneys
    2nd in green division 1 season 4
    2nd in TJ ironman challenge tourney

Winner of 12 pop ups
    2nd in 16 pop ups
    Winner of [Beta Server] Every Heros Tournament
    2nd in Gondorian's GR34T tournament
    Winner of [SF] : Extremely Tough Challenge: THE DRAFT

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Check out this guy s art .he is one of the many artist shadow era has bought art from for shattered fates. He drew zailem crusader.
    http://dleoblack.deviantart.com/art/...roke-388960861

Check out obsidian phoenix. It looks like a hunter's card.

Another artist who is doing the art would be alayna lemmer . She did tenacious buccaner
    http://www.deviantart.com/art/Sikelg...ttle-117309035
    Last edited by Bazzel; 03-29-2014 at 03:37 AM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Yeah, those artists were on board for Dark Prophecies as well, if you have a look at the current set.
    Extra Tough Claws - Proud Member of ETC

Articles | Decklist | Fan Fiction

Shadow Era Art Thread | PB @ DeviantArt

PFG Member | I've been interviewed!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by WrathOfCroft View Post
    The problem i have with people like you is that you want to complain and in a sense saying that because we supported this company by actually BUYING Crystals and boosters and whatever, we are paying to win. Its laughable actually becuase in the 1.5 years ive been playing this awesome game, ive spent around $220-250.....but ive played it for COUNTLESS hours. Not just playing it, but theorizing, competeing, discussing, thinking about shadowera. If i averaged about 3 hours a day doing something SE related, it equals out to some absurd cost per hour...last time i sat down and did the math it was less than $.10 an hour.

I dont pay to win. I pay to enjoy myself NOW. Fck grinding for gold when i can spend $20 bux and get whatever i want. Cheap ass people that want to complain about how they wont spend a dime on SE but then want to be treated like people that DO support the company are just pathetic to me.

SE is not pay to win. Plain and simple. EVERY CARD, even legendaries (not counting Loest and Rothem) can be obtained by PLAYING. Want a foil Scourge and Karlstrad? Play Meltdown for a week. Stalk the merchant. No card in this game do u only get if you pay. Plain and simple.

So please, if you are going to continue to not spend ANY money on this game, quit whining about the people who do.

My $.10 an hour is the best deal on gaming ive ever gotten. I have spent my game money on NO other game for the last almost 2 years...where else could you get that kind of ROI?

Edit: Kickstarter was entirely digital rewards....u couldnt chunk down $20 bux? Cmon man....
    you completely misunderstood the entire gist of my post so hard that i need to now write a TL;DR so people don't run with your logic.

a) i had no gripe with people paying for cards in SE. i WAS saying that in hearthstone, paying to win is a MUCH bigger issue that basically dominates the random matchmaking and gameplay. i actually like how SE manages its payment system because it is 10x fairer than hearthstone.

b) all of my criticism was leveled at the fact that since i didn't want to pay for a physical product kickstarter, i was forced to wait on the sidelines and watch as tons of people have fun playing with the new cards and trying out everything i wanted to try for myself.

you can boast all you want about how it's my fault for being "cheap", and how i shouldn't complain if i didn't buy in. but just remember that this game is advertised as a free to play game. and as a free-to-play player, i just feel left out and i'm certain most other people like me feel the same way too.

c) i have no issue about people paying money. i never whined about other players choosing to invest their money in the kickstater - quit putting words in my mouth. i simply stated that i was unhappy with the bundling of beta access with the physical game kickstarter. because those two things where bundled together, i lost nearly all my excitement for the game. what you, and other purchasers, choose to do with your money is none of my business and i will never condemn you for choosing to pledge money if the company offers such a purchase. i'm just irked the company decided to bundle access to the game with that purchase.

d) could i pledge the kickstarter? yes. i did for the very first kickstarter. but soon after i realized i didn't agree with the physical product. so if i don't want to pledge the damn kickstarter for the second and third time, i don't need to. and just like I don't question YOUR motives to spend $200+ on a card game, i don't need you questioning my reasoning to NOT spend any money.

have i explained myself enough? or are you still just blindly upset with the existence of "people like me"?

sheesh, i try to give some insight into why i think free players are unhappy with the game right now, as one of the ONLY and VERY few free players on these forums. and immediately my entire post is dismissed as complaining...
    Last edited by Ekoz; 03-29-2014 at 06:18 AM.
    85-Card mini-set: Gate of the Steelbound.

So you want to take a poll? ∙ Affectionate TVTransvestite TwinRacist CowBag of Dicks

The pen is mightier than the sword, but actions speak louder than words.
    Knowledge is Power, Power Corrupts.
    Sometimes a little chaos is in order.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Lack of arts after Beta were biggest thing to led me to leave from the game... and long waiting time led lots of friends to MIA...
    I often have a break from SE but it's not same with previous breaking this time - I lost trust and interest to pay money to next kickstarter or somethings when they hit. since I can't see wulven will be going well.
    I hope it's only me and wulven will set things right.
    Biasair - The rapid sharpshooter of A1
    Evolution in Theory

Blog | Deck Builder

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Ekoz View Post
    you completely misunderstood the entire gist of my post so hard that i need to now write a TL;DR so people don't run with your logic.

a) i had no gripe with people paying for cards in SE. i WAS saying that in hearthstone, paying to win is a MUCH bigger issue that basically dominates the random matchmaking and gameplay. i actually like how SE manages its payment system because it is 10x fairer than hearthstone.

b) all of my criticism was leveled at the fact that since i didn't want to pay for a physical product kickstarter, i was forced to wait on the sidelines and watch as tons of people have fun playing with the new cards and trying out everything i wanted to try for myself.

i wanted to make a discard deck with praxis, see how good i can make it. see if it was competitive. but because i didn't pay for the kickstarter, i didn't get to even try it for myself before people already managed to crack the entire meta wide open and deem discard praxis "not very much worth it". could i still make the deck? of course. i could, and i could still have fun. but the joy of trying something new, alongside everyone else; the joy of finding my own place and not having the meta dictated to me before i even have the chance to see it for myself is gone. all because i wasn't particularly comfortable with pledging money.

but most important is the joy of just having something new. when a new MtG set comes out, it is usually released soon after full reveal. i go out, play a draft, keep my deck, tune it, just have fun with friends. when it came to SF, i saw the set, got pumped. but then time went on. and went on. and still went on. and then people got to start tinkering with it. then university started. then hearthstone open beta released and fuck it, if i can't play SF i might as well try hearthstone.

c) i have no issue about people paying money. i never whined about other players choosing to invest their money in the kickstater - quit putting words in my mouth. i simply stated that i was unhappy with the bundling of beta access with the physical game kickstarter. because those two things where bundled together, i lost nearly all my excitement for the game. what you, and other purchasers, choose to do with your money is none of my business and i will never condemn you for choosing to pledge money if the company offers such a purchase. i'm just irked the company decided to bundle access to the game with that purchase.

d) could i pledge the kickstarter? yes. i did for the very first kickstarter. but soon after i realized i didn't agree with the physical product. so if i don't want to pledge the damn kickstarter for the second and third time, i don't need to. and just like I don't question YOUR motives to spend $200+ on a card game, i don't need you questioning my reasoning to NOT spend any money.

have i explained myself enough? or are you still just blindly upset with the existence of "people like me"?
    the kick starter gave out no physical cards, unless you donated like 4k$ it was only digital rewards, mainly just the early access and the early use of rotham and loest for at least a month before everyone else. I think it was 10$ for early access, and a minimum of 20$ for loest and rothem early

for a 20$ donation i got
    early beta access, the rotham and loest decks, 2000sc and 10 cotc boosters, 10 dp boosters, and 20 SF boosters later.

but yeah i am not sure why you are so upset, people decided to support the game to try and give it a chance to get going faster(not really happening lol) but to be honest there is not that much of a meta already determined from the test server, they have been super slow with balance changes, and we cant get enough people playing on it. and to be honest it was awful at first, there was no art and it was so hard to know what cards were what, finally they put bold letters in the picture to let us know what cards were what. it was honestly closer to alpha testing than beta testing. We have been saying we wanted it open to everyone, I think they have something in the works to let everyone test the cards soon.

i wrote this pretty fast so sorry if it doesnt make sense
    IGN: AO1 Pjoe0211
    Trophy Case
    3rd in first tourny SE tourney ever
    joint winner of 1.27 master tournament
    2nd in crown(9) "Five Classes"
    winner of 7 pop up tourneys
    2nd in 4 pop up tourneys
    2nd in green division 1 season 4
    2nd in TJ ironman challenge tourney

Winner of 12 pop ups
    2nd in 16 pop ups
    Winner of [Beta Server] Every Heros Tournament
    2nd in Gondorian's GR34T tournament
    Winner of [SF] : Extremely Tough Challenge: THE DRAFT

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by pjoe0211 View Post
    the kick starter gave out no physical cards, unless you donated like 4k$ it was only digital rewards, mainly just the early access and the early use of rotham and loest for at least a month before everyone else. I think it was 10$ for early access, and a minimum of 20$ for loest and rothem early

for a 20$ donation i got
    early beta access, the rotham and loest decks, 2000sc and 10 cotc boosters, 10 dp boosters, and 20 SF boosters later.

but yeah i am not sure why you are so upset, people decided to support the game to try and give it a chance to get going faster(not really happening lol) but to be honest there is not that much of a meta already determined from the test server, they have been super slow with balance changes, and we cant get enough people playing on it. and to be honest it was awful at first, there was no art and it was so hard to know what cards were what, finally they put bold letters in the picture to let us know what cards were what. it was honestly closer to alpha testing than beta testing. We have been saying we wanted it open to everyone, I think they have something in the works to let everyone test the cards soon.

i wrote this pretty fast so sorry if it doesnt make sense
    really? i thought the kickstarter was for physical adaptation of shattered fates. at least, that seemed to be the pattern.

if the kickstarter was for digital adaptation only, then that's bad. that means they don't have the capital to provide even digital development. that means they need people to pay forward so they can continue working on the game, which is their one and only product.

if it's gotten to the point where they even need to make a kickstarter to continue digital development...

and your words aren't particularly encouraging. even if i can't actually play with the new set, i'd rather everyone be having loads of fun behind the curtains, instead of...well, what you said.
    Last edited by Ekoz; 03-29-2014 at 07:18 AM.
    85-Card mini-set: Gate of the Steelbound.

So you want to take a poll? ∙ Affectionate TVTransvestite TwinRacist CowBag of Dicks

The pen is mightier than the sword, but actions speak louder than words.
    Knowledge is Power, Power Corrupts.
    Sometimes a little chaos is in order.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Sorry Ekoz, if i came off as rude. I have a real problem reading a post late at night and instead of re-reading it before i comment, i just rattle off something THEN re-read it, lol. But yes...KS was purely digital rewards. Dont misunderstand Pjoe, though. For the 1st month, Beta was awesome. Its all I played. Even before the bigger words. But after omly a handful of new art, and a few balance changes, it just died down. I never had trouble finding a game with my guild mates. But people lost interest.

But Pjoe IS right, lol. There IS no Meta for SF. Period. You have to have people playing to have a Meta.
    IGN A1 WrathOfCroft

The Unique Never Assimilate

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by WrathOfCroft View Post
    Sorry Ekoz, if i came off as rude.
    You are a bully, you are always bullying me in the IRC