Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Need some good advice on spending gold.

its been abt a week since i started playing Shadow era, i play 1-2 hrs a day nd spend sm time reading SE forums online.

i need some experienced players advice, i m at level 9 now & above 100 rating, spent abt 2000 gold and hv 3000 gold currently nd a lot of extra cards tht i dont really need, i hv pretty decent wulven (Moonstalker) deck, my win ratio in online quick games (which i play till end) is abt 1/4 i guess.. usually i exit th challenge as soon as it starts whn my opponent is a mage or elementalis & sm othr heroes who they r my weak matchups coz i pretty much know whats th end result of tht games gonna be (even thn i was able to defeat mages 2-3 times, nd i guess one of thm was above 150 or 200 rating & i also know sm ppl hv problem with such guys quitting challenges bt try to think frm th point of view of us beginners, nd also quitting as soon as th game starts is not so much of a big deal to complain abt)

btw, heres my problem, it's not possible for me at this point to buy shadow crystals for real money for sm reasons (i wld love to, bt i cant) so i hv to spend my gold wisely while purchasing new cards. i went through sm experts advices on building good competitive Moonstalker decks (googled) & now i know quite well wht cards to buy nd wht not to buy and how many to buy nd why.. bt with th arrival of Shattered Fates 200 cards the strategies for all heroes and deck building is gonna change, so these great decks wld no more be great decks, i wld be needing sm of those SF cards. so, i m stuck with whether to spend my gold on CotC & DP cards or save my precious gold for SF cards??

i can still easily win against Computer AI and generate experience nd gold so th only reason i need good cards is to increase my win ratio online.

any good advices?
    Last edited by aashanon1; 04-03-2014 at 08:02 AM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Moonstalker can get on fine without the SF cards tbh unless you want to go with an all wulven theme. If not all Wulven there is very little necessary in SF.
    IGN: A1 Flibber

signature IG message: "the game has already started"

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    just pack yourself with some 5cc allies like Plasma Behemoth, Shadow Knight and eventually maybe even Brutal Minotaur, reasonable amount of DURABLE 3cc allies like Infernal Gargoyle and you should be good to go

..most importantly though - HI and Welcome to the SE forum!

if you want to get better advice, probably post your current deck in relevant Strategy section for the community to look at/comment

GL, HF!
    "This is who I am, nobody said you had to like it."

TJ 4Ak
    Vermilion Bird
    The Holy Beast of...
    Team Juggernauts

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    You're gonna play Moonstalker so yeah, you don't really need to save money for SF cards. My suggestion is don't spend any SCs save them for SF.
    Use your gold to buy the cards you need.....all you really want to do in the end is to enjoy the game. (that's what I'm doing )
    IGN: TJ Scout
    Telegram: @shubham1309

"Scout is a hacker we should report him" - SK Trinolcour

Team Juggernauts Recruitment Thread

Link to TJ forum
    IRC

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by 4Ak View Post
    just pack yourself with some 5cc allies like Plasma Behemoth, Shadow Knight and eventually maybe even Brutal Minotaur, reasonable amount of DURABLE 3cc allies like Infernal Gargoyle and you should be good to go

..most importantly though - HI and Welcome to the SE forum!

if you want to get better advice, probably post your current deck in relevant Strategy section for the community to look at/comment

GL, HF!
    Yeah, PB & SK r like family to Shadow Heroes.

In my 40 cards deck i hv:
    Plasma Behemoth
    Shadow Knight
    Pack Wolf

Thats all th allies i need coz i hv Lonely Wolf & Evil Ascendant to support me in my loneliness & a surprise attack with Blood Lust + Full Moon + my few allies + series of stealth can finish a game in 1-2 turns.

Just wait for the right moment & STRIKE!

It doesnt always work but whn it does AARRRGGH!!!
    Last edited by aashanon1; 04-03-2014 at 11:17 AM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Daddy Is Here View Post
    You're gonna play Moonstalker so yeah, you don't really need to save money for SF cards. My suggestion is don't spend any SCs save them for SF.
    Use your gold to buy the cards you need.....all you really want to do in the end is to enjoy the game. (that's what I'm doing )
    I often get so engrossed in this game & strategy building & modifying decks & experimenting that i forget to enjoy

well, i think thats wht i enjoy

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by aashanon1 View Post
    Yeah, PB & SK r like family to Shadow Heroes.

In my 40 cards deck i hv:
    Plasma Behemoth
    Shadow Knight
    Pack Wolf

Thats all th allies i need coz i hv Lonely Wolf & Evil Ascendant to support me in my loneliness & a surprise attack with Blood Lust + Full Moon + my few allies + series of stealth can finish a game in 1-2 turns.

Just wait for the right moment & STRIKE!

It doesnt always work but whn it does AARRRGGH!!!
    Hey! Welcome aboard.

Those are all good cards for Moonstalker but I believe you would be better served by going with a lot allies and Wrath of the Forest or solo with Lone Wolf, EA and WBT (aka Millstalker). Trying to do both at once is not optimal IMO.

In general SE rewards more focused decks in my experience.
    FDL TV!

Channel | Thread | Twitter
    Deck Techs, Game Commentary, Replay Analysis and more!

FDL Tips: The Metagame, Balance and You || Empty Hands
    LL Decklists: Serena || Elementalis

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Fou DeLile View Post
    Hey! Welcome aboard.

Those are all good cards for Moonstalker but I believe you would be better served by going with a lot allies and Wrath of the Forest or solo with Lone Wolf, EA and WBT (aka Millstalker). Trying to do both at once is not optimal IMO.

In general SE rewards more focused decks in my experience.
    I already have 3 Lone Wolf & 3 EA
    bt sm advanced players suggest not to use WBT with Moonstalker nd they r right.

& also i was thinking of adding 3 WOF & nd 3 Crescendo to my deck nd its too expensive for me right now (2300 gold left ) so wht shd i do? i dont rush in with allies at th beggining so Crescendo seems to be a good option for me, wht do u say?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Dont buy crescendo... Its expensive, and you wont use that much.
    "Learn , Improve , Succeed"

Alternate Reality Champion
    Five Heroes Champion
    The Gunslinger II Champion
    World Championship Wildcard Qualifier 2013 Champion
    World Championship 2013 Top 16
    Asia Regionals 2014 Runner-Up
    World Championship 2014 3rd Runner-Up

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by aashanon1 View Post
    i also know sm ppl hv problem with such guys quitting challenges bt try to think frm th point of view of us beginners, nd also quitting as soon as th game starts is not so much of a big deal to complain abt
    any good advices?
    It makes sense, i didn't realize it since i got a 300ish rating in few days when i started playing PvP, , i will no more yell at the screen when it happens, haha.

Edit: And you might need that, http://www.shadowera.com/redeem.php...
    Last edited by kentuequi; 04-03-2014 at 04:19 PM.
    "Rastas don't believe in violence... Rastas don't believe... Rastas know." -Bob Marley-

Winner of the Multi-Post Streak Challenge
    *’”⁷ᵔᵕᵔ∞*°゜゚⁰ᵒ☉●•⋆.ᵢᵢᵢ₇.。・°'¨⋋ⓚⓔⓝⓣⓤⓔⓠⓤⓘ⋌¨'°・。.₇₇₇.⋆•●☉ᵒ⁰゜゚°*∞ᵔᵕᵔ⁷‘“*
    ⊰☠ ℑcℯ ℰℒℱ ☠⊱