Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries

Zhanna Mist - "Wet Blade"

I'm pretty pleased with this Zhanna deck of mine. It is based on the Tidal Wave/Mournblade combo and different ways to boos Zhannas health keeping her alive and well.

Zhanna Mist - "Wet Blade"
    3 Jasmine Rosecult (Draws attention from Zhanna and
    4 Blake Windrunner (Cheap ally and also cannonfodder to the Tidal Wave)
    2 Paladin of Unaxio (To keep Zhanna alive)
    2 Knights of the Golden Dawn (To keep Zhanna alive)
    2 Zoe Silversmith (Keeps the Mournblade last longer)
    4 Healing Touch (First aid for Zhanna)
    4 Tidal Wave (The blood of the deck. Feeds souls to the Mournblade)
    3 Focused Prayer (Weapon killer)
    2 Campfire Stories (Cheap draw card)
    4 Bazaar (Keeping a constant flow of cards. Twoedged sword...)
    2 The King's Pride (Adding a bit of oompf to the allies)
    4 Mournblade (The heart of the deck!)
    2 Champion of Irum (Good for late game against high cost enemies. Also Tidal Wave fodder)
    1 Elisabeth Winterborn (Good defence and card drawer)
    2 Madelein's Scepter (Backup weapon if Mournblade/Tidal Wave combo fails)

Follow me on my blog: http://www.shadowera.com/blog.php?69231-stason78

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Mournblade Zhanna is my absolute favorite deck to run, and I see some very nice elements in yours similar to things I've used in some of my versions. Now, there are a few things you may want to consider as you fine tune this deck:

- This was a nice win you posted, but it doesn't really seem like your opponent really knew how to play his own hero, and he certainly didn't seem prepared to go up against a priest deck. He's running an ally-heavy Nis for one thing. Who does that? And he completely set himself up several times for your wave with all the allies he put up at once. You will find as you get higher up in the rankings, you will be facing players who have a good strategy that keeps you more on the defensive, and who are also better prepared to take care of your weapon and armor, as well as knowing not to set themselves up for that mighty priest wave.

-Mages generally are winnable matchups for Zhanna and her healing powers, but I think you will find you'll have some trouble with Amber's ally and weapon onslaught, Zaladar's big bad ugly allies and Mind Control, and just about every way that a rogue can mess you up. Even with my most finely tuned Mournblade deck, Serena is a nearly impossible opponent to face. She'll draw more cards than you with her Ill Gotten Gains, her Stop, Thief will rip that blade right out of your hands, and then she'll use her Anklebreaker to either render your allies ineffective but not kill them, or just hit Zhanna with it and make that precious Mournblade or Tidal you were planning to use on your next turn go bye-bye. LOL.

- Your allies look solid for what you're trying to accomplish, but I've found that I was never able to make much use of Zoe's skill, although in theory it should be a boon. Just never seemed to keep her on the board long enough. Aeon might be helpful for her to hide behind, and he also is a great way to protect your Elizabeth as well.

- You could probably benefit from more effective draw options. Most experienced players will tell you that Bazaar is a really bad card, as you are giving your opponent just as much of an opportunity to put his plan into action quickly as you are yourself. I also have found Campfire Stories to be not the best option for this deck either. Why heal your allies if you plan to sacrifice them to your TW the next turn anyway? The card that works wonders for my Mournblade deck is Tainted Oracle. You gotta have 4 of them in there, even if you like to use Elizabeth, which I do recommend you keep. Your opponents will try really hard not to kill your TO's, since doing so will both feed your Mournblade and give you 2 extra cards.

- Try a few Lily's in there as well. Very nice way to get back your Blade or your King's Pride that you've used.

- Focused Prayer is so essential against Warriors, Rogues and Rangers, that there's no reason not to have all 4 in there.

- You can probably survive a few rounds if you don't draw your Mournblade when you need it, but getting past turn 7 or 8 without pulling any Tidal Waves is no fun. I like having a backup plan ready for those opponents who are swarming you with allies. Ice Storm and Curse can be very good options for this.

Just a few suggestions based on my own experience. The important thing is to keep experimenting and determine what setup gives you the best options for your own strategy. Good luck!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Thanks for your input! It really helps me out and add a whole new perspective on the deck.