Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Will we ever have hero-specific cards?

the discussion on Logan made think. the easiest solution on helping Logan would be to make hero-specific cards instead of class-specific cards so that Logan can be boosted without boosting Amber. it's also how we can help Jericho without further boosting Zhanna.

it would be cool to have cards that only a particular hero can use. would help make unused heroes more viable.
    Want to Join A1?

A1: Evolution in Theory. To stop evolving is to die.

It is one of my greatest hopes that in the future, mankind achieves enlightenment so high we would not need rules, laws, or government to keep the peace and govern ourselves. By our own motivation and volition, we would do what is right and just because it is right and just. This is the central tenet of anarchy. Not chaos and lawlessness, but free will and self-actualization.

Visit my blog: Potpourri

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Even I was thinking about this.
    IGN: TJ Scout
    Telegram: @shubham1309

"Scout is a hacker we should report him" - SK Trinolcour

Team Juggernauts Recruitment Thread

Link to TJ forum
    IRC

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Or even Class Faction cards. I feel they are overdue
    I like my weapons how I like my music. Heavy and metal!
    -Mordekaiser

Writer of Falseblood Cultist and Thriss Crucible flavor texts.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Some cards are clearly designed for specific heroes, but they can still be used by the others in their class. Embers of the just is a good example.
    "Corruption of the soul is a fate that befalls the weak."

{IGN} Capo 9~ Enlisted{2}Endure {E2E}

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I asked the same question in a different thread awhile back....dont hold your breath waiting for a response...
    IGN A1 WrathOfCroft

The Unique Never Assimilate

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Maybe DT was reluctan to make "hero spesific card", because they dont want to make another type of card, like: Logan Warrior Item - card type.
    My solution on Logan thread was to simplify the effort by adding a new mechanic on the text box:

"Card Name" can only be casted when your hero is "Spesific Hero name".
    INDO Language Sub-Forum

[SF]Solo Nish/Loest
    Ythan Redthorn, Rush of the Twilight Deck
    Zaladar, Alpha Strike Deck
    Bloodfang, Howl of the Pack Deck

Eyes of the Phoenix
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

IGN: BP Dragon
    Favorite SE activity: Meltdown & Deck-Building
    Favorite Card: Anklebreaker
    Favorite Hero: Majiya

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    The main problem I've always had with this idea is that it feels a bit like a band-aid approach that will accomplish your goal of making X viable while opening up a potential can of worms to other issues. Off the top of my head these cards would potentially be dead pulls in limited, and it also adds another layer of restriction to deck building which also restricts the card pool further. I just feel that something a bit more elegant (for the lack of a better word) would be better for the game overall.
    Was the Leader of Acolytes of A1

A1's Dimensional Eyes in the Sky
    A1 Alliance: Evolution in Theory
    PFG3 Leader

Was Shadow Era Community Manager

Sota, The Switch Axe Monster Hunter

"When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all."
    "Humans fight to secure peace as they envision it. The trouble is, everyone's vision is different." - Ringabel

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    There is no need for this, if you want a card that helps 1 hero but doesn't help another just make it work for/against the heroes you want. For instance when designing a weapon to make logan better without further buffing amber just add to the effect of said weapon(cannot be boosted in attack) and bam weapon is still usable for each hero but amber isn't likely to use a weapon that her ability doesn't fully support.

In the case of Zhanna just add the effect to an armour or weapon you want Jariko to use and have it say a downside the user doesn't benefit from healing effects and bam a card to improve Jariko exists that works against Zhanna's ability but doesn't disable Zhanna from using the weapon for it's other potential upsides. There is no need to further complicate the cards just use better card design and clever wording to develop cards to help particular heroes if it's needed.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Demnchi View Post
    The main problem I've always had with this idea is that it feels a bit like a band-aid approach that will accomplish your goal of making X viable while opening up a potential can of worms to other issues. Off the top of my head these cards would potentially be dead pulls in limited, and it also adds another layer of restriction to deck building which also restricts the card pool further. I just feel that something a bit more elegant (for the lack of a better word) would be better for the game overall.
    A lot of the currently designed cards feel like they are there as band-aids so I wouldn't be surprised if this kind of approach is taken in the future.

Hopefully not, though.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Punisher88888 View Post
    There is no need for this, if you want a card that helps 1 hero but doesn't help another just make it work for/against the heroes you want. For instance when designing a weapon to make logan better without further buffing amber just add to the effect of said weapon(cannot be boosted in attack) and bam weapon is still usable for each hero but amber isn't likely to use a weapon that her ability doesn't fully support.

In the case of Zhanna just add the effect to an armour or weapon you want Jariko to use and have it say a downside the user doesn't benefit from healing effects and bam a card to improve Jariko exists that works against Zhanna's ability but doesn't disable Zhanna from using the weapon for it's other potential upsides. There is no need to further complicate the cards just use better card design and clever wording to develop cards to help particular heroes if it's needed.
    I agree completely