Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

The Mighty Quest for Epic Loot

I was curious if anyone else here plays this game. It would be more fun if I had more friends to play against. If you do play it, send me a friend request. IGN: Demnchi (what else would it be )

For those unfamiliar with the game its a top-down action RPG (controls similarly to diablo for example) where you break into other player's castles to steal their money and resources (gold and lifeforce respectively) for your own, while getting loot drops and what not in the process. The main twist here is that the castle is designed by the player your attacking. The position of the monsters and traps and such are all placed by that player. Since you can be invaded as well, you'll want to build a castle that's good at defeating other players by creating various situations in your castle they need to overcome so you can keep your stuff.

I've been playing it for the past week and its pretty intriguing. Although its hard to build a good castle it seems, I've yet to stop a single person. But I have seen several castles with a lot of hero defeats so it is certainly possible, I'm just bad at it.
    Was the Leader of Acolytes of A1

A1's Dimensional Eyes in the Sky
    A1 Alliance: Evolution in Theory
    PFG3 Leader

Was Shadow Era Community Manager

Sota, The Switch Axe Monster Hunter

"When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all."
    "Humans fight to secure peace as they envision it. The trouble is, everyone's vision is different." - Ringabel

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I could be convinced to give it a go; any chance it has an offline mode?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by NachyoChez View Post
    I could be convinced to give it a go; any chance it has an offline mode?
    Unfortunately no, its a free to play game so its always online. There are NPC castles you can take on if you like. Lag doesn't really seem to matter though if that's what you're concerned about. Since its you vs. mobs atm it all appears to be client side.

PFG3 Leader

"Humans fight to secure peace as they envision it. The trouble is, everyone's vision is different." - Ringabel

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I've watched some videos and i'll give it try this weekend.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I've heard that the best castles are more about traps than killable dudes so even if the player manages to get through, he won't gain much.

Haven't played the game yet tho. Is it good compared to the classic dungeon crawlers?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Airact View Post
    I've heard that the best castles are more about traps than killable dudes so even if the player manages to get through, he won't gain much.

Haven't played the game yet tho. Is it good compared to the classic dungeon crawlers?
    It varies since the castles are designed by real players, you can encounter some very bad dungeons but I've come across some pretty good ones to that were a lot of fun and challenging. Granted, it seems to get a lot better the higher level you get since those castles have access to more types of traps and enemies (if I had a gripe about the game its that the early levels of castle building are dull, but around level 10 or so you can start building rooms with strategies based on how you think players will react). Of course, I'm actually not a huge fan of the top down diablo style of play so I wouldn't know how it stacks up to them. It probably isn't as deep or crazy as games like Path of Exile, but its a fun game to turn on for an hour and take on some other castles or creating a defense of your own.

As for the best castles I wouldn't know exactly, but one with just traps should be rather easy as you can focus on just on avoiding them. So far I find the best to be a good mixture of traps and mobs as you have to deal with both at once.

PFG3 Leader

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I've seen alzorath playing this on his youtube channel. I liked the game so i'm gonna join too
    IGN: TJ Scout
    Telegram: @shubham1309

"Scout is a hacker we should report him" - SK Trinolcour

Team Juggernauts Recruitment Thread

Link to TJ forum
    IRC

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    It's pretty fun... there's a few shady trap setups that are fairly powerful... but you only get them at the much higher levels... (and yea, I did a GamerFi of it... not sure if I'll do any followup content or not)

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Haha you have been playing it a lot. I'm juggling with so many games right now (also watching Firefly) but ill see if I can find time.