Close

View Poll Results: Should there be a cap on Aetherborn Wisp?

Voters
50. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes.

31 62.00%
  • No.

19 38.00%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: A cap on AW?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    At this point I would prefer to have potentially broken card on live server (with art!) than no cards at all...Until cards are printed there is room for balance changes and I see no reason for this being on beta any more. And seriously what is with art, we get like 5 pics per month and Kickstarter was finished in December. I thought Wulven was buying rights to already existent art. So what's the hold up?

Sorry for derailment.

I said this few times before I don't think Wisp archetype is overpowered atm, but I do think potential to become one may limit what can be done with future sets regarding discard mechanics.

Another suggestion: Limit growing part on controller's turn only.
    Last edited by Veles; 03-20-2014 at 12:56 PM.
    Retired Card Game Designer

“Let the future tell the truth, and evaluate each one according to his work and accomplishments.
    The present is theirs; the future, for which I have really worked, is mine”
    ― Nikola Tesla

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    For me AW is a huge NPE, imagine when this go live, lots of players will just start playing it or quit the game. The chance of her god hand is the same as Eladwen, but is harder to stop and deals damage faster, like we didnt Eladwen hate already

I agree with Nik that it will limit future discards mechanics, or maybe make impossible to add new ones.
    White Shadow of Vozit
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Bazzel View Post
    I bet if it was a shadow ally we wouldn't be having this discussion .
    Why dont they nerf the"what a big teeth" weapon , unlimited durability.
    Imagine how useful a weapon like that would be for amber and other human heroes. But no, only shadows get an 2cc ally that cant be shut down unless 3 damage is dealt to it that early on. Or lets talk about the 4cc wulven ally that takes no combat damage. Is no wonder the meta goes like this
    Shadow: banebow,zaladar,mayiya,darkclaw.
    Human: ambar,eladwen,

Oh yeah lets not forget how strong the priest are. Hahahahaha
    I think everybody that is hating on aetherborn wisp is because they know meta is goin to switch to humans.
    wulven has been giving too much power to the shadow side , plss let us have the one allie that might even things out.
    Humans have a far stronger early game in general compared to Shadow. Look at all of the 3cc and lower allies in both factions.
    I like my weapons how I like my music. Heavy and metal!
    -Mordekaiser

Writer of Falseblood Cultist and Thriss Crucible flavor texts.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    ...okay, this thread was originally about 'Cap for AW' - Champion got Cap, so should AW (...for the VERY SAME reason). full stop
    "This is who I am, nobody said you had to like it."

TJ 4Ak
    Vermilion Bird
    The Holy Beast of...
    Team Juggernauts

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by 4Ak View Post
    - god-rush Elad is strong when she sets up her game, but u can deal with it
    - Amber is definitely one tuff nut to crack, but u can deal with her as well
    - t2 AW hidden behind t1 Birgitte followed by an insane cycle of Bucaneers is way too much to handle for most decks, yes, it is perfectly possible to deal with it, however by the time most of other decks can PLAY tools that would counter it it usually too late

@Airact - i agree 10/10 is maybe too much, however i just wanted to emphasize how insanely quickly it can grow (..apart from that i just played two games and in first one i got AW to 10/10 and in second 14/14, hidden behind 2x Birgitte)
    The deck doesn't really have any way to continue the game after the Wisp (or Wisps, but still). You could stack burn in the deck but then the deck becomes even more polarized (less allies = less things to discard with factory and a higher need for resources). I run 4x Fireball as the sole burn cards in the deck and even those are there because there are no more convenient ways to get rid of allies.

So, while Elad has a worse early-game, it at least has a mid-game. This deck doesn't, which is fine.

I dunno, I play the deck because it's the most fun deck to play in the game. I'm just not one for tedious grinds midrange decks tend to produce.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Airact, all due respect man, but i don't even run burn spells in mine and its still insanely quick and deadly

TJ 4Ak
    Vermilion Bird
    The Holy Beast of...
    Team Juggernauts

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Airact, all due respect man, but i don't even run burn spells in mine and its still insanely quick and deadly
    It is, but that's the point. It can't run burn, therefore it doesn't have a midgame, therefore it has to be faster than Eladwen to be a playable deck.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    ...okay, this thread was originally about 'Cap for AW' - Champion got Cap, so should AW (...for the VERY SAME reason). full stop
    As someone already mentionned (sorry I forgot who it was and in what thread), CoI is playable and splashable in pretty much any Human deck (and he is a relevant ally from T2 to the end of the game).

AW is a worse Dirk unless you dedicate half your deck to it.

I don't think both allies can be directly compared.
    FDL TV!

Channel | Thread | Twitter
    Deck Techs, Game Commentary, Replay Analysis and more!

FDL Tips: The Metagame, Balance and You || Empty Hands
    LL Decklists: Serena || Elementalis

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Fou DeLile View Post
    As someone already mentionned (sorry I forgot who it was and in what thread), CoI is playable and splashable in pretty much any Human deck (and he is a relevant ally from T2 to the end of the game).

AW is a worse Dirk unless you dedicate half your deck to it.

I don't think both allies can be directly compared.
    +1
    I myself never had any trouble dealing with AW (but I had a really hard time growing it to 5/5)
    seriously, what do you guys play that is so weak against AW?
    Deluded dreamer of universal Freedom
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    ...well, if no cap is planned for AW, fine by me,...as long as something happens with the deck, either make some of the cards needed for the combo more expensive (...thus it hits one turn later), or make Bucaneer unique (since we already have this awkward card type anyway), but do SOMEthing....please?

...or will 'pretty please with sugar on top and a cherry' work?

..i am really concerned this is going to have negative impact on the game once it hits live and starts gettin 'abused' by people who only care abt being in Top100 with very little effort and are happy to quit before t3 if they dont see their ideal play happening

TJ 4Ak
    Vermilion Bird
    The Holy Beast of...
    Team Juggernauts