Close

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    +1 for sticky
    Thanks for the explanation Shannong...it stings a little less when i lose now
    D ...always smiling...

Guild: Danny the A1 Dog : Proud member of the A1 alliance - so good that Kyle nerfed us
    Ingame Handle: DRod77
    Running Decks: Wulven (Darkclaw Danger Dog 1.26 40 Card) and Mage (GraveBella Beatdown 1.26 40 Card)

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Calmdown View Post
    Your face is mediocre
    LOLowned you
    ~*Pain Is Only A Pulse, If You Just Stop Feeling It*~

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    BTW if you haven't yet read the in-game help, Kyle summarizes another point about the system. In a nutshell (with a lot fewer words than I used in my OP here), once the system zeros in on a high-confidence rating for you, you basically won't move upwards by many points unless you go on an "unexpected" winning streak.
    Purveyor of Probability - Team A1 - How the rating system works and why high ratings act strangely
    I now play only unrated matches in the Shadow Era 40 Card Ladder at shadowera dot gondorian dot com slash ladder40
    If my IRC nick says shannong|L40 that means I'm open for a Ladder40 challenge. I'll take all comers no matter where you are on the ladder

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Just read the OP... well, part of it. Thanks for putting so much work in. It's a pretty big topic it seems

I only searched the boards to figure out why a win against a 136 opponent gave me rating and a win against a 154 opponent didnt - me being the same rating both games.

Im sure the answer is in the OP somewhere, and I might even find it some day

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    well, the normal distribution of a bell curve is 34% - 13.5% - 2% - .5% either direction from the middle, but what i want to know is even though i peaked at about 170 and then switched decks and got screwed down to 90 something in about 2 or 3 games, is 250 really the center of distribution? and being at about 100 now, why am i still matched against about 170 guys? i would be in the 13.5% range, but only if 250 is median. are you sure the graph isn't skewed negatively?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Resurrect.

Question: /ratsys? does it really work?
    Part of the No More Nerfs™ movement.
    Awesome people of SE:
    arebelspy, soothslyr, AnAdolt, Reshiram99, Pretty Pretty Princess, GondorianDotCom, Kentuequi, N3rd4Christ, Drakkon, Padawan Pete, NachyoChez, Giskard, CHLBRK, Killtrend, GS, MattOG
    -All but one of those names had red lines under them when I was editing my signature. So sad. *Adds to Dictionary*
    "Team Shining Stars"

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Question: Your brain, does it really works?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    He doesn't have brain, only microchip, sometimes it bugs...
    Last edited by kentuequi; 07-27-2011 at 06:07 PM.
    "Rastas don't believe in violence... Rastas don't believe... Rastas know." -Bob Marley-

Winner of the Multi-Post Streak Challenge
    *’”⁷ᵔᵕᵔ∞*°゜゚⁰ᵒ☉●•⋆.ᵢᵢᵢ₇.。・°'¨⋋ⓚⓔⓝⓣⓤⓔⓠⓤⓘ⋌¨'°・。.₇₇₇.⋆•●☉ᵒ⁰゜゚°*∞ᵔᵕᵔ⁷‘“*
    ⊰☠ ℑcℯ ℰℒℱ ☠⊱

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Hahahahahaha!

+1
    Part of the No More Nerfs™ movement.
    Awesome people of SE:
    arebelspy, soothslyr, AnAdolt, Reshiram99, Pretty Pretty Princess, GondorianDotCom, Kentuequi, N3rd4Christ, Drakkon, Padawan Pete, NachyoChez, Giskard, CHLBRK, Killtrend, GS, MattOG
    -All but one of those names had red lines under them when I was editing my signature. So sad. *Adds to Dictionary*
    "Team Shining Stars"

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    while I think the explanation is good, I doubt that the given numerical values are correct.
    If you look at the rannking page the highest rated players are between 302 and 344 which would argue for a mean around 175 and definitely under 200