Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

What happened to manners?

So I had a qm match today against some guy from what I assume is the top guild. At one point, I gain advantage and this guy starts yammering about "topdecking like a boss" and the "I suck and its only luck that allowed me to beat him" and "I'm not a good player" . Now my point is this: this guy is obviously a tool, and in being a tool he brings shame to his guild. Now when I see that letter and number before a player's name I have to assume they have a similar character, because after all guilds must have some standard of behavior for members. Also, why do people feel the need to talk down to others? Card players already have a reputation (sometimes justified, other times not) of being social rejects. I don't care what guild your in, nor do I care about rating. Treat people with courtesy. Period.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Well, firstly, manners didn't really go anywhere really, most players are not this way, unfortunately there are some idiots in the game who like to talk trash.

Secondly, what where the letters in front of his name? Not all letters/numbers in front of names actually signify a guild, could just be something random the player puts there. Also, his name didn't happen to be Blueblurr did it?

Thirdly, even if it was the letters of an actual guild, it doesn't neccesarily mean that the player is actually in said guild. Given that official guild tags are yet to be an actual in game feature, there's nothing to stop some player from just placing those letters in front of his name to masquerade as a member of said guild.

Sorry this had happened to you though. I can assure you that most players are not this way, and the actual top guilds do have guidelines, and hopefully all of their members would (and mostly do) follow such rules.
    "IT'S TIME TO DUEL!!!"
    "The Magnificent."
    Account for any future SC transfers by Gondorian: BP tman507

Member of PFG3
    Master of Hand-to-hand Combat
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

Official Shadow Era Wiki Moderator

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Hi there

Sadly there are tools in this game and it's a shame that it has come to that. Most people who are in guilds do have guidelines and they have to follow it. In my experience most people in QM are nice but it only takes one rude jerk to ruin it for the rest of us.

Just curious if you can PM me the ign of the player. I just want to make sure it isn't from my guild and/or a person wearing our guild tag and putting a bad name to our guild.

Also, if you got a screenshot of the chat you can EMail it to Wulven and see if they get disciplined
    "Try and try until you die...or succeed...whichever comes first"

Jo3yb0i - Knight of Dark and Light
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

Drawing Power - A Brief Analysis of Draw Cards

My PM | <(^.^)> | Helpful Links | <(^.^)> | IRC | <(^.^)> | IRC + Game | <(^.^)> | SE DeckBuilder

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Mouths can grow pretty big and wide when people are comfortably anonymous behind their screens. I learned that during my diablo days.
    My solution? Never enable the chat function. Who cares what strangers have to say anyway?
    PK Love

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    You could probably just report them to support@shadowera.com. It is sufficient to email your in game name (IGN) and your opponent's IGN. It would also help support narrow it down if you could let them know the day and the approximate time of that infraction.

No screenshots are necessary, as far as I am aware of (I made a similar report and no screenshots were requested). The support probably has the logs necessary. I can confirm that I did make a report through that channel and the support staff did respond on the next working day.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Hi TheEconomist, I'm A1 leader and I'm answering here because in your post you left few doubts in my mind that you weren't talking about one A1 member. (Quoting you: "when I see that letter and number", not many guilds around whose name is made by a letter and a number, right?)

Now, there's a bunch of guys out there with the A1 tag in their IGNs and that aren't actually members of A1, but aside of that...
    A1's rules don't allow such behavior, so I'd highly appreciate if you could send me the IGN of that player in private.
    I can assure you that, if he actually is a member of A1, we will deal with him the proper way.
    Regards,
    TripleHBK

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by tman507 View Post
    Well, firstly, manners didn't really go anywhere really, most players are not this way, unfortunately there are some idiots in the game who like to talk trash.

Secondly, what where the letters in front of his name? Not all letters/numbers in front of names actually signify a guild, could just be something random the player puts there. Also, his name didn't happen to be Blueblurr did it?

Thirdly, even if it was the letters of an actual guild, it doesn't neccesarily mean that the player is actually in said guild. Given that official guild tags are yet to be an actual in game feature, there's nothing to stop some player from just placing those letters in front of his name to masquerade as a member of said guild.

Sorry this had happened to you though. I can assure you that most players are not this way, and the actual top guilds do have guidelines, and hopefully all of their members would (and mostly do) follow such rules.
    Mind reader or Ninja'd
    This is exactly what i was gonna say when i read the OP

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Hey guys,

First, let me say that the responses to my post have re-affirmed what I thought and what has been stated by others above: the player base is basically good with the exception of a few bad apples. When we have negative experiences, people tend to focus on such things to the exclusion of the hundreds of fun/friendly matches they've had. Now, I have no problem naming and shaming because frankly, I really enjoy shadow era and people who didn't learn sportsmanship in grade school don't deserve the protection of remaining anonymous, so I will PM the appropriate person. Also, it's my opinion that when a person is discourteous, the forfeit any right to courtesy from me, so I told the guy to get over his ego, that he wasn't a special snowflake due to his 300+ rating/guild affiliation, and in his next match I wished his opponent luck. Maybe not taking the high road, but as I said, be decent or get treated like a punk.

Thanks for the responses. Good to know there are quality people out there.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by TheEconomist View Post
    Hey guys,

First, let me say that the responses to my post have re-affirmed what I thought and what has been stated by others above: the player base is basically good with the exception of a few bad apples. When we have negative experiences, people tend to focus on such things to the exclusion of the hundreds of fun/friendly matches they've had. Now, I have no problem naming and shaming because frankly, I really enjoy shadow era and people who didn't learn sportsmanship in grade school don't deserve the protection of remaining anonymous, so I will PM the appropriate person. Also, it's my opinion that when a person is discourteous, the forfeit any right to courtesy from me, so I told the guy to get over his ego, that he wasn't a special snowflake due to his 300+ rating/guild affiliation, and in his next match I wished his opponent luck. Maybe not taking the high road, but as I said, be decent or get treated like a punk.

Thanks for the responses. Good to know there are quality people out there.
    There are tons of quality people in the SE community...best community of gamers you'll find.
    Avenger of Valhalla
    Warriors of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Was the player someone from A1? Since you say a number and a letter. If so, this needs to be dealt with.
    iClipse - A1's Twilight Manipulator - A1 : Evolution in Theory
    Part of PFG

• My psychiatrist told me I was crazy and I said I want a second opinion. He said okay, you're ugly too.

• Just remember...if the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off.

• With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.

• I used to be indecisive. Now I'm not sure.

• A diplomat is someone who can tell you to go to hell in such a way that you will look forward to the trip.