Close

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Demnchi View Post

PS: I like that this has been brought up again.
    Seriously?...or sarcasm?
    Avenger of Valhalla
    Warriors of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Demnchi View Post
    I disagree with this notion that a 2cc can't have some bite (your not the only one I've seen make this statement), especially when you consider the number of cards/resources that go into making that single presence into a real problem that you have to deal with (at least in this case). That's what the deck does. I think the real issue is that, up to this point, Shadow Era just didn't have a deck that plays like this so everyone is put off by it. Now, that's not to say that Wisp (or any of the working pieces) doesn't need a change, but any change made to it shouldn't harm the deck. It should still be 100% viable.

PS: I like that this has been brought up again.
    If nerfing AW(1 card) makes playing a homonculus deck unviable, then thats even more of a red flag, IMO, and other cards might need a boost. But thats not the case as Abombination Factory works with ALL Homonc's and if you arent running AW+glimmer+Abom Factory, u can still make use of Fortified Wisp and Thunderstrike Construct....as well as Evolving Abombination and Fatebreak.

P.S. I'm glad that you are glad this is being brought up again! Help us Obi Wan Demnchi, youre our only hope!
    IGN A1 WrathOfCroft

The Unique Never Assimilate

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I really want to emphasize I am not 100% convinced that AW needs to be nerfed, i know i just said this but Bucs are what i think makes teh deck so good. its not that hard to handle one ally thats getting buffed, you can play jasmine, which i feel isnt played enough anymore, or retreat. I would like someone to try and play a AW deck without bucs and tell me that its still over powered.
    Last edited by pjoe0211; 03-14-2014 at 10:29 PM.
    IGN: AO1 Pjoe0211
    Trophy Case
    3rd in first tourny SE tourney ever
    joint winner of 1.27 master tournament
    2nd in crown(9) "Five Classes"
    winner of 7 pop up tourneys
    2nd in 4 pop up tourneys
    2nd in green division 1 season 4
    2nd in TJ ironman challenge tourney

Winner of 12 pop ups
    2nd in 16 pop ups
    Winner of [Beta Server] Every Heros Tournament
    2nd in Gondorian's GR34T tournament
    Winner of [SF] : Extremely Tough Challenge: THE DRAFT

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by pjoe0211 View Post
    My Eladwen is posted in the OP and i dont run any protectors, its really not strong only because of AW tbh. It is good because of bucs, FW and the phoenixs. Half the games i won I didnt even power up a AW i think. its not just AW thats the issue, If Bucs did not exist, this combo would not be as good at all IMO

Edit: wtf is Tarmogoyf?

Edit 2: Well in my match vs serena, he was playing elicit information as soon as possible, and trying to build up 2 AW i think destroyed my chance of winning that game. I had to change it up and not play AW in game 3 to win the match

I think the whole combo of AW AF AGOH and Bucs is too strong, i think the Bucs are what makes it too strong. If they did not exist, the decks would lose alot cause the ability to discard a card and gain board control with it is invaluable. not to mention you can road less travel the buc and then discard it again with AF is one of the best combos with the deck to not lose cards while discarding allies.

playing a glimmer of hope turn 3 and getting 2 bucs and having the AW go up to 4/4 is a crazy result of turn 3 and what i got in my first match of tourney lol.
    If this was the first time i ever saw an AW get up that high in attack power, I wouldnt have posted this thread. I have seen this crap, had it used against me so many times that i felt it wasnt getting the attention that it needs to be fixed.

Is it coincidence that AW has helped you win the 32 heroes tourney or that TJ Lama77 is wrecking people in SF 16 tourney with AW using a different hero?
    IGN A1 WrathOfCroft

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I agree with you Pjoe, Bucs make Glimmer less of a tempo loss play. But a 3/4 ally with an ability that needs to survive to use its ability is not a good counter.

Dont get me wrong, there are counters, but not every hero can run NYM or Assassinate.
    IGN A1 WrathOfCroft

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Mann View Post
    Seriously?...or sarcasm?
    Seriously. If you guys still believe its a problem then by all means talk it out. Just because I don't agree that its too strong doesn't mean that I wish discussion on it to stop. Discussion is good!

Quote Originally Posted by WrathOfCroft View Post
    If nerfing AW(1 card) makes playing a homonculus deck unviable, then thats even more of a red flag, IMO, and other cards might need a boost. But thats not the case as Abombination Factory works with ALL Homonc's and if you arent running AW+glimmer+Abom Factory, u can still make use of Fortified Wisp and Thunderstrike Construct....as well as Evolving Abombination and Fatebreak.

P.S. I'm glad that you are glad this is being brought up again! Help us Obi Wan Demnchi, youre our only hope!
    I was talking about the wisp deck specifically and not necessarily the whole Homunculus tribe.
    Was the Leader of Acolytes of A1

A1's Dimensional Eyes in the Sky
    A1 Alliance: Evolution in Theory
    PFG3 Leader

Was Shadow Era Community Manager

Sota, The Switch Axe Monster Hunter

"When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all."
    "Humans fight to secure peace as they envision it. The trouble is, everyone's vision is different." - Ringabel

Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Thanks for this feedback. AW and the combo with Glimmer and Buccaneer is still on our radar. It's hard to fully judge the effectiveness with so few games on the test server, so we will likely be making a call on it when it goes onto live server.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Gondorian View Post
    Thanks for this feedback. AW and the combo with Glimmer and Buccaneer is still on our radar. It's hard to fully judge the effectiveness with so few games on the test server, so we will likely be making a call on it when it goes onto live server.
    I feel that Bucs are really the only thing that creates the god hands, but all I am trying to say is if you nerf AW, there are alot of other cards that deserve to be nerfed as well, like ravens gambit and cutlass and desperate tactics. The only fear I have with the current card pool, is that Aramia decks that want to just blitz people with bucs and AW will take over quick match games because of how fast they can win them and how soon you know if you lose, and you can jsut quit right away because of how the current ladder is designed. and playing against blitz decks is bad enough as it is in the QM, having to play against it more would be terrible

And in general, I am a little insulted at you suggesting i only won the every hero tourney because of AW when so few of my wins were thanks to it,
    IGN: AO1 Pjoe0211
    Trophy Case
    3rd in first tourny SE tourney ever
    joint winner of 1.27 master tournament
    2nd in crown(9) "Five Classes"
    winner of 7 pop up tourneys
    2nd in 4 pop up tourneys
    2nd in green division 1 season 4
    2nd in TJ ironman challenge tourney

Winner of 12 pop ups
    2nd in 16 pop ups
    Winner of [Beta Server] Every Heros Tournament
    2nd in Gondorian's GR34T tournament
    Winner of [SF] : Extremely Tough Challenge: THE DRAFT

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Gondorian View Post
    Thankyou for that info GDC! We arent shooting blanks into the dark now!
    IGN A1 WrathOfCroft