Close

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    It really has been way too long. At this rate it will have been more than a year from DP live release to SF and I'm pretty sure Wulven has said they don't want that to be the length of time between expansions. I haven't played on TS for ages, just because getting a match takes so long, and no new arts or card changes to keep it interesting.

And as for what Gondorian said about the dev team focusing on live 2.8 version, do you guys really have that few dev people working for you that you can only focus on one version at a time? I know Wulven is a smaller company, but geez.
    "IT'S TIME TO DUEL!!!"
    "The Magnificent."
    Account for any future SC transfers by Gondorian: BP tman507

Member of PFG3
    Master of Hand-to-hand Combat
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

Official Shadow Era Wiki Moderator

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by WrathOfCroft View Post
    I for one, don't play on TS as much anymore simplybecause when I want/can play, there is usually nobody on. Sometimes can find a guild member to test with but...

@ GDC, whatever happened to that streak challenge tourney idea u posted about? Maybe that could generate more activity.

As far as keeping decks secret or avoiding nerfs, that's silly. Any monkey with half a brain could reverse engineer a deck. And cards aren't printed yet so nerfing can happen after live release as well like PoU and Spirit Warden. Not nerfs but changes...
    if a card or combo isn't abused in TS, it will go through without getting nerfed, and then when expansion hits, there won't be any nerfs anymore. people may have stopped playing precisely because of this. avoid getting their new favorite cards hit by a nerf.
    Want to Join A1?

A1: Evolution in Theory. To stop evolving is to die.

It is one of my greatest hopes that in the future, mankind achieves enlightenment so high we would not need rules, laws, or government to keep the peace and govern ourselves. By our own motivation and volition, we would do what is right and just because it is right and just. This is the central tenet of anarchy. Not chaos and lawlessness, but free will and self-actualization.

Visit my blog: Potpourri

1.27 Tournament Champion Raphael Majere's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jao View Post
    if a card or combo isn't abused in TS, it will go through without getting nerfed, and then when expansion hits, there won't be any nerfs anymore. people may have stopped playing precisely because of this. avoid getting their new favorite cards hit by a nerf.
    If sf hits live, and OP cards/combos still exist, it makes perfect sense to implement some tweaks digitally.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    they will balance cards once they hit the live server, it is not until the physical card is printed that it is locked
    IGN: AO1 Pjoe0211
    Trophy Case
    3rd in first tourny SE tourney ever
    joint winner of 1.27 master tournament
    2nd in crown(9) "Five Classes"
    winner of 7 pop up tourneys
    2nd in 4 pop up tourneys
    2nd in green division 1 season 4
    2nd in TJ ironman challenge tourney

Winner of 12 pop ups
    2nd in 16 pop ups
    Winner of [Beta Server] Every Heros Tournament
    2nd in Gondorian's GR34T tournament
    Winner of [SF] : Extremely Tough Challenge: THE DRAFT

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I stopped played about a month ago, it's absolutely discouraging the lack of updates.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by pjoe0211 View Post
    they will balance cards once they hit the live server, it is not until the physical card is printed that it is locked
    Yeah this. Just because the set hits live doesn't mean it will be locked in right away. Heck, Rothem and Loest are on live right now and they can still receive changes.
    Was the Leader of Acolytes of A1

A1's Dimensional Eyes in the Sky
    A1 Alliance: Evolution in Theory
    PFG3 Leader

Was Shadow Era Community Manager

Sota, The Switch Axe Monster Hunter

"When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all."
    "Humans fight to secure peace as they envision it. The trouble is, everyone's vision is different." - Ringabel

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I going to refute what Jao said but others already have. I'm not that petty to think that if I don't play my OP combo it might not get nerfed cuz once EVERYONE knows about it, it will get used against me.

BUT besides opening up the beta to everyone, GDC, y don't you guys sponsor a MAJOR event on TS? I'm talking reset rating and have score on TS weekly or bi weekly with the rewards sent to live server accounts? Maybe top 20?

Implement the streak challenge, something!
    IGN A1 WrathOfCroft

The Unique Never Assimilate

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I think it is about time we make the closed beta open. We were only given EARLY beta access. Emphasis on early, implying at some point this beta should be open.
    I like my weapons how I like my music. Heavy and metal!
    -Mordekaiser

Writer of Falseblood Cultist and Thriss Crucible flavor texts.

Europe Regional (Winter 2012) 3rd Place Maximont's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaos Dark View Post
    I think it is about time we make the closed beta open. We were only given EARLY beta access. Emphasis on early, implying at some point this beta should be open.
    Easiest and most effective way to get a badly needed step change in Beta activity. Beyond me why it's not done yet.
    Maximont - Seeker of Truth
    Knight of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Gondorian View Post
    Regarding the SoV bug, it has been fixed for a long time but pushing out said fix on its own would have further split up the player base due to incompatibility of versions. How many casual players will update for what appears to be a minor thing for them? Maybe they hate Shriek and so stay on the old version where it is weaker?!
    This is a HORRIBLE excuse for NOT fixing the SoV bug earlier imo

[the more I read this, the more I am SHOCKED this was the reason you stated that SoV took so long to fix...which still isn't fixed on iOS by the way so the player base is split even after waiting this long]
    Last edited by Shadow Mann; 03-13-2014 at 09:42 PM.
    Avenger of Valhalla
    Warriors of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn