Close

Page 3 of 257 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I hope alliances turn into something great.

I read there will be event rewards depending on how you team finishes. Guess it would be like team QM

Also hope they let us trade extra covers

@preybird I paid gold for 3 of the hoods covers (2y/1bl). I can't stand playing in events with heros I really want to use. After I max hood out I'll be satisfied or will I.....
    EveryThing Changes

"The difference between the possible and the impossible lies within a persons determination" -- Tommy Lasorda

Check out my decks and others at Shadowera.net. Shadowera's #1 Super Fan Site!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    They will surely make the alliance worthwhile eventually... They may have an alliance event...

It is like friends in SE game, still needs to develop
    Shadow Era:

Every Turn Counts

"Being strong isn't just about having powers or moves...It is about HEART." - Roronoa Zoro, One Piece

PFG 2 Member "You idealize, we criticize."
    1st Singapore Meltdown Physical Tournament Winner

IGN: Berdugo ETC
    Profession: Alien Hunter

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I play, but I'm still so damn confused

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I downloaded the game and can someone clarify stuff for me. Idk how certain characters have synergy or how PvP or even attacking works.
    "Try and try until you die...or succeed...whichever comes first"

Jo3yb0i - Knight of Dark and Light
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

Drawing Power - A Brief Analysis of Draw Cards

My PM | <(^.^)> | Helpful Links | <(^.^)> | IRC | <(^.^)> | IRC + Game | <(^.^)> | SE DeckBuilder

1.27 Tournament Champion Raphael Majere's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jo3yb0i View Post
    I downloaded the game and can someone clarify stuff for me. Idk how certain characters have synergy or how PvP or even attacking works.
    Yeah, I need help too

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Thats 3 of us..

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Jo3yb0i View Post
    A quick summary from what I've learned so far in my short stint.

- Characters have synergy based on their abilities. For example, Magneto Now has a purple ability that can generate blue action points (AP). If you team him up with Classic Storm, she has a blue ability that can damage the entire opponent's team and stuns the one she currently attacked. This is an example of synergy between characters that generate AP of certain colours (sometimes referred to as "battery" I think) and characters that make use of those AP to full effect. You could also have synergy with certain characters in terms of creation of strike tiles (the sword icons that add damage to your colour matches). An example of this would be Daken and Wolverine who create strike tiles.

- In your team of characters, you have one character who will have the highest attack value for a particular colour depending on their level. When you match three in a row, it will move that character in front and that character will be the one who will do the attack. Matching four in a row will destroy the entire row/column and adds a bit more damage plus collects you all the AP for the colours destroyed. Matching five in a row will create a critical multiplier tile and allows you to take an extra turn. When your turn ends, the character that initiated the last attack will be the one to take any damage that you opponent does on their turn.

- In PVP, there is a certain amount of time that it will take for the tourney. You attack other players looking at the points they will give you if you win (located in upper right). The more points they have than you, the more points they will be worth. When you attack a player, they will have an option to retaliate against you. Given this, it's best to attack players with 25+ points so that if they retaliate, you won't lose as many points and you get a chance to attack them again to get more points. Prizes for PVP are listed in the event rewards based on the standing you are in in your bracket. Using a shield (costs hero points: 3 hours, 8 hours, 1 day) when you have a reasonable lead over the next in line will allow you to not lose points when someone attacks you. However, you will break the shield if you decide to attack after you have raised a shield. There's more to PVP and knowing when to time your attacks and such but others might be more versed in this.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Synergy between characters can go even further. You will find a very commonly played team is this:

Thor (Marvel Now)
    Modern Storm
    Original Black Widow

The reason for this is the intense amount of synergy between these three (Actually OBW synergises with almost everyone she’s that good, level her as a priority). First thing to note is that all the tile colours are accounted for, so there are no dud tile matches (this is something you should always aim for). Secondly, they all feed each other. On the desert or forest maps you can actually generate an infinite loop of powers with this team.

An example:

Storm’s Red (Mistress of the Elements) to clear Environment tiles
    Storm’s Green (Lightning Strike) to AP accelerate. Because the environment tiles are clear you get a lot more bang for your buck (at level 5 this will earn you 16 AP of varying colours).
    Thor’s Yellow (Thunder Strike) to generate more Green.
    Storm’s Green again.
    Use environment power to generate more AP (Desert to add green tiles, Forest for 5 AP of all colours)
    OBW’s purple (Aggressive Recon) to steal AP from your opponent and plug any gaps.

Rinse and repeat.

Literally I have beaten events with three LVL 230 opponents using this team, all sub 50 at the time.

A good team should have:

A tank/beatstick
    An AP accelerator/battery
    All tile colours able to be utilised
    Damage acceleration is a plus

As Danae has mentioned Daken/Wolverine (Astonishing X-Men) is a commonly played pairing as well because between them they damage ramp so quickly. Daken’s purple passive (Pheromone Rage) triggers when you match green for Wolverine’s Feral Claws ability, giving you so many strike tiles I have seen them occupy every red tile on the board.

At common levels Iron Man 35, Storm and Modern Widow is a good team, and while there isn’t that intense synergy like the Thor/OBW/Storm pairing they all cover each other to some extent and can control the opponents abilities (through stunning) and their AP generation, while reducing damage to themselves.

I’m still trying to figure out the best rare pairings, I’m only just getting my rares to competitive levels. Iron Man 40 looks like the battery to beat in that range, his Yellow ability (Recharge) can give you a massive amount of AP very quickly, and feed your other team members.

Also the Hood is a brilliant supporting player, he’s basically a cross between OBW and Storm in the rare range, with huge AP acceleration and steal ability.
    Extra Tough Claws - Proud Member of ETC

Articles | Decklist | Fan Fiction

Shadow Era Art Thread | PB @ DeviantArt

PFG Member | I've been interviewed!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    You can also create critical tile by forming T and L shaped matches and also gains an extra turn.

Each hero has either 2 or 3 abilities. 2 ability heroes will have a lower character level maximum. Heros can have a maximum of 13 hero ability power distribution. Increasing a particular power can sometimes not be as beneficial as you may think. The key is generally in the AP cost. Luckily you can replace covers (downgrade 1 by adding another once you max your 13)

Storm Modern 1 star is the best of the 1 star heros. I suggest investing time into maxing her level.
    EveryThing Changes

"The difference between the possible and the impossible lies within a persons determination" -- Tommy Lasorda

Check out my decks and others at Shadowera.net. Shadowera's #1 Super Fan Site!

1.27 Tournament Champion Raphael Majere's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    loving this thread.

Have u guys spent any RL $$$ on the game?