Close

Page 11 of 257 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161111 ... LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Fou DeLile View Post
    Yes, but you're the only one with a legitimate OBW!
    I got my obw converted from 5/3/5 to 3/5/5. Great recommended build (thx pb). This makes her better defensively (AI controlled) because of the cheap steal. Also maxes healing potential even if countdowns present. She's most flexible partner of all 2 star heroes.

Note if anyone is playing in iOS do not perform iOS update 7.1. The game will not load. I haven't been able to play for about a week.....I'm pissed
    EveryThing Changes

"The difference between the possible and the impossible lies within a persons determination" -- Tommy Lasorda

Check out my decks and others at Shadowera.net. Shadowera's #1 Super Fan Site!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by SamuelJ View Post
    I just meant like... must haves
    Spider-Man is a must have. Stun healing and protect tiles. He's a 3 star though so not easy to get. I've only got 1 yellow cover ;(
    EveryThing Changes

"The difference between the possible and the impossible lies within a persons determination" -- Tommy Lasorda

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Buqs View Post
    Spider-Man is a must have. Stun healing and protect tiles. He's a 3 star though so not easy to get. I've only got 1 yellow cover ;(
    I've got everything but his yellow covers
    Extra Tough Claws - Proud Member of ETC

Articles | Decklist | Fan Fiction

Shadow Era Art Thread | PB @ DeviantArt

PFG Member | I've been interviewed!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by danae View Post
    Hey if ETC gets an opening in your alliance, please think about adding me. Although if I have to shell out the HP for the alliance slot, I will have to pass since I can't afford to spend those for anything other than shields and roster space. I'm a relatively active player and finally got my first place finish in the recent Lords of Thunder. I wasn't expecting it because with around 2 hours to go, I shielded and went to sleep while I was at first with 844 and the #2 spot had 843. Either he decided he didn't need the yellow x-force or he got attacked when he tried to go past me. How did you guys place in the Alliance rewards in the tourney with BP rewards?

As for throw away characters, I wouldn't recommend throwing out Captain America. I find in PVE that he can be quite useful when going against goons and their countdown tiles. He's only level 45 for me but he's nearly always buffed in PVE events. I don't think I would have been able to grind the points in PVE events against those high level goons (especially the snipers) if I didn't have him as a team member.

I've thrown away venom, yelena, both hawkeyes, bullseye and of course bagman. Once I had a solid Original Black Widow, I sold off my L25 Modern Black Widow as I never got to use her (although she would have been useful in the current Juggs event ). Now I need some roster space and lacking HP, I'm thinking about selling my Moonstone. Has anybody found her worthwhile to level up?
    I've got like 28 roster spots and moonstones in one of them. I really like her but she's not great. Her abilities are situational and they cost a lot so more downside than upside.

Gravity warp (purple) decent cost. Ability is geared towards opponents with countdown tiles and if non available you get a super weak tile drop. I find this is good ability against the campaign (hammer, maggia, etc) as there are always countdown tiles present. Also good against daken for helping match his strike tiles for removal.

Photon blast (red) med cost. Very dependent on having red tiles on board to max potential....but you have to match red to use the ability. Very counterproductive. However if a new hero is made that creates red tiles this ability gets very interesting.

Control shift (black) very expensive. Either steal opponents countdown tiles and reduce timer or stun target. As a stun this is horrible. Many better options. Countdown theft is awesome but most note ably against enemy snipers. Steal their countdown targets for one shot kills

All in all she has some interesting abilities but being too situational or costly limits her upside
    EveryThing Changes

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    @Preybird - thanks

I've been somewhat reluctant to sell of my moonstone because there have been cases where I get decimated playing against her because of her photon blast but given that I only have 6-7 covers for her (4 in gravity warp) I can't make much use for her anyway and I'm not inclined to spend ISO on leveling her up.

Also, my 4 year old son has this infatuation with her cover so he might be upset if I trash her .

I might end up dumping IM35 as I'm not really using him anymore except as part of a tank team.

1.27 Tournament Champion Raphael Majere's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Preybird View Post
    Raph you got some seriously good covers. Now you just need the ISO to get their levels up!
    I need advice from you. I got some new covers (the courageous 6 packs gives me 6 x 3* covers) , have u seen my updated characters?

( I can't buy any more cos I have maxed out some of their powers at level 5, and the game server continues to irritate me by giving me those covers I don't need!)

I have 33K ISOs , can you tell me where/who I should use them on? Thanks!
    Last edited by Raphael Majere; 03-20-2014 at 02:09 AM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Can you guys keep the advice in public (if you don't mind) so that I can learn a thing or two? I'm at the two star stage and I'd like to get some ideas about transitioning to three star characters.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    My team is usually
    Spidey 3/5/5 Blue is a must. Definitely OP
    BWGS 5/3/5 Purple is my battery.
    Thor (Modern) 5/5/3 the yellow work in synergy and getting the green tiles always filled.

I haven't tried patch but I heard from the MPQ forums he might be worth a look.
    "Try and try until you die...or succeed...whichever comes first"

Jo3yb0i - Knight of Dark and Light
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

Drawing Power - A Brief Analysis of Draw Cards

My PM | <(^.^)> | Helpful Links | <(^.^)> | IRC | <(^.^)> | IRC + Game | <(^.^)> | SE DeckBuilder

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    what is this? i'd like to try
    IGN: TJ Scout
    Telegram: @shubham1309

"Scout is a hacker we should report him" - SK Trinolcour

Team Juggernauts Recruitment Thread

Link to TJ forum
    IRC

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Raphael Majere View Post
    I need advice from you. I got some new covers (the courageous 6 packs gives me 6 x 3* covers) , have u seen my updated characters?

( I can't buy any more cos I have maxed out some of their powers at level 5, and the game server continues to irritate me by giving me those covers I don't need!)

I have 33K ISOs , can you tell me where/who I should use them on? Thanks!
    From your roster I would be looking at levelling Modern Thor (***), Hulk and Spiderman.

I would aim for this:

Modern Thor 3R/5Y/5G
    Hulk 4G/4R/5B
    Spiderman 3Y/5U/5P

I'd say aim for this team because it has a bit of everything and some good synergy. All the tile colours are covered in terms of damage output, and Hulk's Anger ability feeds your offense in Thor's Call the Storm, as does Thor's Lightning Strike. Spidey is your heal and stall engine, his purple reduces damage and his blue shuts down opponents.

Basically the team has two beatsticks, but that's because they both double as AP accelerators. While it may seem like Spidey's protect shuts down Hulk's Anger, really Anger is a contingency plan if you start ot get into trouble.
    Extra Tough Claws - Proud Member of ETC

Articles | Decklist | Fan Fiction

Shadow Era Art Thread | PB @ DeviantArt

PFG Member | I've been interviewed!