Close

Page 155 of 257 FirstFirst ... 55105145153154155156157165205255 ... LastLast
Results 1,541 to 1,550 of 2565
    1.27 Tournament Champion Raphael Majere's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Atomzed View Post
    Fully agree on other points. And as you said to danae, I won't be levelling up my hulk anymore. Will instead focus in lazy cap and pun.

I hoping to reach 1100 points to get his green. Cos mine is 5/3/5 now, which isn't that good.
    553 is what u want but 5 red is not that useless too.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Sharing some Advanced PvP tips coming up in 1 hr. Am farming ISO in gsbw LR now.

1. Cheesy final push: fatty opponent

2. Check ur opponents roster

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Raphael Majere View Post
    Sharing some Advanced PvP tips coming up in 1 hr. Am farming ISO in gsbw LR now.

1. Cheesy final push: fatty opponent

2. Check ur opponents roster
    I've started doing #2 more often now when it's against 3* characters because I previously had a tendency to think that they were built optimally but sometimes turns out that they might be missing key abilities (like my Hulk lacking black covers). Of course, it's only really useful checking against less than maxed level characters.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by danae View Post
    I've started doing #2 more often now when it's against 3* characters because I previously had a tendency to think that they were built optimally but sometimes turns out that they might be missing key abilities (like my Hulk lacking black covers). Of course, it's only really useful checking against less than maxed level characters.
    I do #2 often now to ensure that they don't have the team to retaliate against me. Especially when I start to accumulate points, it gets painful in losing 30-40 points to a low rank player, but who has a good 2* roster.
    A1's Mustard-Seed Knight of Hope (IGN:A1 atomzed)
    Also a member of PFG1 and PFG2
    Rank #7 in Inaugural Meltdown Tourney
    Singapore Rep for Street Fighter Tournament

"Rapid analysis, accurate judgement, and superb powers of concentration...That is all we need." - Lezard Valeth

Proud member of A1 - Evolution in Theory
    Project Omega - Card Analysis and Strategy Guide

My Articles
    Deck size and Probability - A case for (slightly) bigger deck
    Meltdown Tier and Payout Analysis

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    1. Ok, sorry, actually post was not done. Regarding #1 , since LR is so short, everyone's points near the top are really close. If u can form a cheesy team like my mn mags/spidey and of course, that is a poor Defence team, save it for the fattest opponent that u usually cannot beat with ur standard team. Then play the last game with 5 mins to spare, so that you will win in time before the LR closes but no time for him to retal. LoL, lmao. Rotfl.

There are other cheesy teams u can form to beat specific opponents of course.

I did that twice in LRs and it's hilarious. Makes a difference when fighting for top 10 or within top 10.

(With mn mags and spidey, I can beat any team, regardless of their levels)

2. For PvP 2 days events, some guys have a wide range of roster that essentially can form cheesy counter team. PvPs are sometimes about psychology.

We'll want our opponent to skip us. That's why using boosts when there is a lot of time to spare in PvP is a BAD idea cos the opponent will retal.

If your opponents's roster is weak or limited in range, he will skip you and won't retal.

So I do a check sometimes.

In short, it's better to beat a bunch of easier opponents (that will prefer to skip u) than a few opponents that will retal you and you end up gaining less nett points.

Ps: top 10 in LR: courageous token: got cmags cover SWEET!!!!
    Last edited by Raphael Majere; 05-01-2014 at 05:52 AM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I think what I like most about hulks green is that it's a board reset. This plays better with cmags vs Thor who just changes coloring of the existing board - which no colors are useful to cmags. I'm at lvl 100 with hulk and I may leave him there for along time
    EveryThing Changes

"The difference between the possible and the impossible lies within a persons determination" -- Tommy Lasorda

Check out my decks and others at Shadowera.net. Shadowera's #1 Super Fan Site!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Guys how many Roster slots are enough? I have 7 atm, wanna buy a lot more but no HP left...
    Btw should I level up Juggernaut together with IM35? It seems that only 1 tank character is not enough...
    IGN: TJ quirom

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by quirom View Post
    Guys how many Roster slots are enough? I have 7 atm, wanna buy a lot more but no HP left...
    Btw should I level up Juggernaut together with IM35? It seems that only 1 tank character is not enough...
    I spent my HP solely on roster spots. I have over 20 now and I still need to make some choices from time to time...

Juggernaut is a decent 1* char, if you have access to healing. but like others have said IM, BW and Storm are the chars you should focus on right now.
    FDL TV!

Channel | Thread | Twitter
    Deck Techs, Game Commentary, Replay Analysis and more!

FDL Tips: The Metagame, Balance and You || Empty Hands
    LL Decklists: Serena || Elementalis

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Fou DeLile View Post
    I spent my HP solely on roster spots. I have over 20 now and I still need to make some choices from time to time...
    If you are planning to spend little to no money in the game, then save your UP for rosters ONLY. It's the best investment that can never go wrong in the game.

Man, I actually manage to get 3x 3* from normal tokens in a single day! Unfortunately, they were blue and purple DD covers, and 1 red psylocke cover, both of which I have very little use for.
    A1's Mustard-Seed Knight of Hope (IGN:A1 atomzed)
    Also a member of PFG1 and PFG2
    Rank #7 in Inaugural Meltdown Tourney
    Singapore Rep for Street Fighter Tournament

"Rapid analysis, accurate judgement, and superb powers of concentration...That is all we need." - Lezard Valeth

Proud member of A1 - Evolution in Theory
    Project Omega - Card Analysis and Strategy Guide

My Articles
    Deck size and Probability - A case for (slightly) bigger deck
    Meltdown Tier and Payout Analysis

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by quirom View Post
    Jugs is not bad. He can be pretty brutal once he is maxed out (1100 damage for only 6 Red. Mass boarf wipe for 6 Green). Pretty good in any 1* PvP Tournaments and lower ranged PvP.

However, for PvE at your stage, stick with IM35. You want to get your M. Storm and M. Black Widow up high.

Once you get 5 Blue for Widow, you should have a whole lot easier time in PvE. Having the 5 turn stun for the toughest or most dangerous target is invaluable.

What are your current ability levels for your IM35, Storm and Widow?
    I like my weapons how I like my music. Heavy and metal!
    -Mordekaiser

Writer of Falseblood Cultist and Thriss Crucible flavor texts.