Quote Originally Posted by Atomzed View Post
Yup, that's what I realised. Say you have a featured hero with red, yellow or green as primary color. When the hero is buffed, it will take away all the colors for patch and his red become worthless.

I seen roster who deliberately keep their other heroes under levelled so that they can maximise patch red. That's too much planning for me.

Another point to note for 5/3/5 patch is that the green still works well with low cost ability. Like cpt marvel, her red is so low cost. I could fire off 2 red blasts after I use patch green. It's not cmag OP but still strong enough as a finisher.

Patch green also worked well with daken blue. Daken blue only 5 AP and it's easy to have 10 blue; fire off 1 patch green. Kill off 2 characters with 2x daken blue. Kill off last character with match dmg.

All in all, I believe that 5/3/5 patch is the more flexible option. Changing playing style is easy (use patch green as a finisher only). Changing your team to tank 3 or more colors is tough.
Ok, I am a covert. (Which means to hell with grinding for cap marvel PvP, lol) Bookmarking this page so that of any of the 5da asks, I will tell them to read the above.