Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Qns abt hunter against age of armor

Hi fellow hunters players out there,

What's a good strategy against age of armors? I'm using Gwen with 8 bows, and I'm pretty much screwed when the opponent put on an age of armor. I will try to whittle the age of armor down with weenies and bows, but after that, they put on another age of armor and that's gg for me.

Sandra might be a way to keep their resource low, but in anticipation of the 1.25 changes, I don't think that's a good solution.

And hunters don't have access to item destruction, so that kinda suxs.

So I wonder those expert hunters out there, whether you have any help for a newbie hunter?

Thanks in advance!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    If you're running a human deck, which it sounds like you are, there's really no easy way of disposing Armor of Ages (Shadow Hunters have Shriek of Vengeance). Having board control before the armor is dropped is the only way I can think of.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    The only way I have managed to deal with it is first to prevent my opponent from having allies in play, then chipping away using my allies, and the bows when necessary. Until they add item destruction to Hunters, we will always be the bottom of the barrel at this respect.
    Guild: Marksmen
    "We are Hunters, and you are our prey.. Fear not the allies you can see. Fear only the arrow that will pierce through your hero.."

Check out my Videos post. I will be updating it once in a while. Bump it if you watched ^^.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    That's what I did. I actually maintain board control thruout the game, by ensuring I have more allies and sniping away the opponent's allies.

But age of armor, being used by warriors and elemental, will whittle down my allies with Boris ability or zaladar ability. So I will be 'winning' the game until late game, where my bows run out, my allies all died, and abt to deck out, whereas the opp will still have abt 10 cards left (they typically have 40-50 cards to begin with).

It's kinda frustrating bec they seem to set out to wait out the game, by waiting for deck out using age of armor. And as a hunter, I have absolutely no recourse over that.

Maybe I should consider putting in an Aeon, Raven or Erika in my deck. Currently, I'm using the same concept Calmdown's Victor deck, which uses mainly Blake, Jasmine, Aldon and Puwen? Think that would help against Boris and Zaladar?
    Last edited by Atomzed; 04-12-2011 at 05:32 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Atomzed View Post
    It's kinda frustrating bec they seem to set out to wait out the game, by waiting for deck out using age of armor. And as a hunter, I have absolutely no recourse over that.
    Yes, you do. Night Prowler and Gravedigger's Cloak. It's not an absolute solution to being decked, but it certainly helps.

Maybe I should consider putting in an Aeon, Raven or Erika in my deck. Currently, I'm using the same concept Calmdown's Victor deck, which uses mainly Blake, Jasmine, Aldon and Puwen? Think that would help against Boris and Zaladar?
    Of course, it certainly can help. You can add those just as long as you maintain the good tempo of your deck.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Thanks for the advice abt night prowler and grave digger. Hmm, so that's why Calmdown included those in the Victor's deck. I only have very little gold so can't afford that many night prowler and grave digger, but will work towards it.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    I'd advise against Aeon, even with the MC fix and timer and Aeon's nerf. He can be used against you, and he costs a lot.
    Guild: Marksmen
    "We are Hunters, and you are our prey.. Fear not the allies you can see. Fear only the arrow that will pierce through your hero.."

Check out my Videos post. I will be updating it once in a while. Bump it if you watched ^^.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    That's what I did. I actually maintain board control thruout the game, by ensuring I have more allies and sniping away the opponent's allies.

But age of armor, being used by warriors and elemental, will whittle down my allies with Boris ability or zaladar ability. So I will be 'winning' the game until late game, where my bows run out, my allies all died, and abt to deck out, whereas the opp will still have abt 10 cards left (they typically have 40-50 cards to begin with).

One of the main reasons that deck runs allies, other than for early game control and extra damage, is getting rid of armour. Bow decks alone really struggle against AoA so the allies are a necessity. AoA is still a strong card even against that Victor deck, but you shouldn't lose to it too badly as long as you have board control when its played (and Victor normally has board control no problem by the time AoA hits).
    Calmdown * Shadow Era Designer * Logan Stonebreaker & Brutal Minotaur Fan Club