Close

Threaded View

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

What's wrong and what's right with the Beta process?

Lately, I've been thinking about what may be wrong with Wulven's Beta Test Process, and what might be done about it.

I can't help but feel that something is wrong. It is not my intention for this thread to be a gripe-fest. Please, no diatribes or condemnations here, but if things could be better, what do the players think it would take?

I think the very highest priority should be that every card should do what it says it does, and nothing else. Unbalanced or unplayable cards will come to the surface faster, without the present fog of improper card interactions. If this premise were adhered to, there would be a SHORT list of cards that are known to be bugged. This list would, itself be kept up-to-date, so beta-testers would easily know which cards to avoid, and which to test for edge conditions. This would result in a feedback process where more and more cards would become usable, testable, and refinable. Iteration of this process would ensure that the set - and the game as a whole - are everything they can be.

If updates were more frequent, beta-testing would feel productive. I don't want to have to skim through twenty pages, and I don't want to re-report old bugs.

Presently, many cards have bugs. I find it personally distasteful to take advantage of accidentally overpowered cards, and difficult to avoid cards that are disabled by bugs. If things were under control, I could build and test decks without the feeling that I am either a victim or an exploiter. Where is there a concise bug list? How long is that list? When was Shattered Fates last updated?

What do you think? What - if anything - is wrong? What could or should be done about it? What other priorities does or should Wulven Studios have? Are these being met? What degree of transparancy will facilitate the best experience and provide the best future for the game?
    Last edited by a player; 03-04-2014 at 01:41 AM.
    Least active member of: ETC (Ended There by Chance)
    Account for Gondorian to transfer Shadow Crystals to: m0ghedian