Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Power of new heroes, what do you think?

Edit: Thanks to Daddy Is Here, he made polls for every hero, so I think will be better to discus them there. So I put links for those polls and threats.
    This threat still open to discus tiers overal...

Hi guys,
    I would like to ask you what do you think about power of those new heroes. Are they strong enough to compare with "old ones"?
    Do you think they are highly competitive in tournaments (deck lock, sideboard, ...) or in QM ?

Here is my thoughs:
    For me those new heroes are little bit weaker than old ones, but probably we still not find the most powerfull builds for every one.

list:
    Tala Pureheart - weak - I have seen lot of builds around her, but every deck has some ally destruction cards so no problem to deal with her protectors. Most of the human decks plays roadless trevelled, which is good card to put back her protector, to let her draw is not problem she wear BF instead.
    Suggest - lower her ability to 3SE or give her steadfast
    Future sets - she can go up in tier if there will be some interesting new "hard to deal" allys.
    Poll and threat: Link

Aramia - good - She is the most versatile hero in SE now. Can be good in non-deck lock tournaments. Her Aetherborn Wisp build suits current QM ledder brutally...
    Suggest - get back her previous art pls. We do not need only super hot heroes...
    Future sets - it will be hard for DT to make items in future bcs she can be OP wery easily with good item. So she will be even better.

Ythan Redthorn - weak - This guy is so weak, I have seen lot of builds but all of them are too rely on board control and Hunters do not have much cards to regain board and his ability not help much.
    Suggest - lower his ability to 3SE and remove atack bonus. It will be like banebow ability executed by ally!
    Future sets - if hunters will not get any better choices to regain board he will stay weak.

Threbin the Righteous - weak - I have seen some builds, all of them around Templars. Its not that bad deck, but surely not strong enought to compare with evergreens (Elad, Amber, Banebow, Zaladar, Lance ...)
    Suggest - why not rise the damage to 3?
    Future sets - currently it seem that Templars will be crucial, so if this tribe will be stronger...

Garth Ravensoul - weak now - but was good. This was one of those heroes who had chance to be played over "evergreens". Rogues has perfect control card pool and his ability to deal with almost any ally will make him good anti ally decks.
    Suggest - give him back his poison! Suits him, (I like the idea of poisoned rogue) and makes him tier 1.
    Future - this guy is the only new hero who has chance to be best in his class

Vess Swifthands - good - I like his ability,... Its hard to make proper build for him, and pilot it but this guys seems strong enough in some situations. The ravagers build around him looks promising. I can imagine him in some tournaments.
    Suggest - let him like he is :-)
    Future - game will have more attachements so he will be more versatile

Raikka Spellseeker - weak/good - havent seen her much in Test server. She is designed to rush, but shadow fraction is not that good in rush as Human one. Mages needs lot of draw, and she does not have acces to some decent draw like Humans (Roadlees travelled, Treasured Heirloom...)
    Suggest - not sure, but very small buff can be good...
    Future - she is future hero... when shadow side will have better option to rush and better draw options for her...

Skervox - weak - Sorry but this guy seem to me one of the weekest... Bounty hunter concept is not working much. His ability is much weaker than Nishaven´s and hunters card pool is not much versatile (lack of item destruction and strong ally destruction).
    Suggest - give him also 1 damage to all oposing allys or + draw card, this will be amasing
    Future - no future for this guy, there is much more better board controll based heroes

Bloodfang - weak/good - At start he seemd to me bit weak, but now I have seen some interesting builds. He will probably not be stronger than other wulvens but playable. But his ability is 5SE which is hard to use more than 2times in game.
    Suggest - give him some strong 7cc ally which gives 1SE on summon to speed his abiliti up a bit.
    Future - if new sets comes with some strong wulvens he can be better, who knows maybe DT will bring us some 8cc cards in future.

Praxix - weak/good - actually this guy is not highly competitive in tournaments or QM matter. But he brigs absolutely new aspect to SE and I like it as semi-fun concept. I wouldnt like to see mill very competitive in SE. Btw current best Praxix builds are not mill, they just try to kill you before deck out himself. The trick is in making oponent deck unconsistent by lucky discard - chance to discard some strong (Kings Pride) or necessary (Blood Frenzy) cards, thats why 2x Prismatic Field in deck may not be enough.
    Suggest - let it like it is
    Future - I hope DT will not make this concept highly competitive. I like it as an fun concept. But currently this hero is not good for mill, so future can bring him chance to do what he was create for.

Loest, Savior of Layar - weak - This hero is not that strong but his superversatility can be good. I did not seen any strong build yet, but who knows. Definately its control hero and right now there is some very good control decks. But I like control based Mages, there are some good control based Eladwens decks, so why not Loest.
    Suggest - give his ability + draw a card
    Future - not sure, but can´t imagine what will help him, probably some more control cards for mages and some card with on "exiled" effect.

Rothem, King of Layar - weak - This guy is one trick ponny now. But I love idea of combo decks in SE, and if this combo is 20 damage in T7-T9 (not T5 like in Wisp Aramia) I am fine with it. Its not that easy to pull it off, and SE needs some fresh blood like this. Its deffinately not good for tournament play, but as fun concept in QM, why not.
    Suggest - let him as he is after buff
    Future - probably his combo can be improved by some new weapons or allys. But here is still space for different approach - rush with strong hit T5/T6...

Conclusion: I think that new Heroes are weaker than the old ones. Only Garth with old ability was able to be best hero in Class. I understand DT fear of making strong hero. Its easier to make little bit weaker heroes and than help them a bit in next set after we will know what they need. But Shadow Era needs some shift and I am not sure if this set will make it enogh. Probably we still have lot of Ambers, Elads, Banebows, Zaladars in QM and even more in tournaments. Only new hero in tier 1 is Victor right now, but I am not sure if he is not OP so maybe we can expect some nerf in his card pool.

So what do you think?
    Last edited by maskee; 03-03-2014 at 07:35 AM.
    IGN: TJ Maskee - Proud member of Team Juggernauts !

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I actually disagree with almost everything

Good: Garth, Vess, Skervox. Those are probably the strongest new heros, if you think they are weak you are not playing them right

Medium: Tala, Aramia, Ythan, Threebin, Raikka, Bloodfang, Loest, Praxix, Rothem. They might not be T1 but they have some power when well built

Weak : None of them are as weak as Serena or Ter Adun maybe Rothem or Praxix are the closest ones

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I agree with you... I also think that Vess and Garth are best from those new heros and those others are not better than current tier 1. So only think you really disagree is Skervox. I have no idea about Skervox, never seen some good build and I failed so badly with him too :-) can you point me to some good matchup with him?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Don't bother about the ratings Maskee. I'll do separate polls for separate heroes just to get a basic gist of what's going to be the meta of the new version.
    IGN: TJ Scout
    Telegram: @shubham1309

"Scout is a hacker we should report him" - SK Trinolcour

Team Juggernauts Recruitment Thread

Link to TJ forum
    IRC

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Separate polls for every hero... sounds interesting. I never tryed to make poll here in SE, so do not know how to do it. Is it possible to make poll where everyone rates heroes from 1-10 for example. So we can see current results all of them in one place?
    Whatever please do it and let us know here about it, thanks.
    Last edited by maskee; 02-28-2014 at 12:02 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I think Tala and Ythan are the only weak heroes. Ythans ability is good but it allows no natural board control. The other hunters have good control and were granted better draw in SF so they are no good. Ythans problems is that he struggles to win the board so has trouble going second (kind of like the old elementalis). Bobcat is helpful here but I haven't seen a good Ythan build yet.

Tala is just not that useful unfortunately. The ability is entirely to expensive for what it does in my opinion. I would never choose her over Boris.
    Elder TJ

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    This has been a shameless plug.

Tala Pureheart
    IGN: TJ Scout
    Telegram: @shubham1309

"Scout is a hacker we should report him" - SK Trinolcour

Team Juggernauts Recruitment Thread

Link to TJ forum
    IRC

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    TJ Ymantoine has a great Tala build...and a nice Skervox as well...

I think it is way too early to be calling OP or UP on all the new heroes.

Garth is still really good. Rothem is not a one trick pony. Bloodfang is a beast.

Basically, all the new heroes have "potential" to be great, the best builds just havent been discovered yet.
    Even Loest...
    IGN A1 WrathOfCroft

The Unique Never Assimilate

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Rayzie View Post
    I think Tala and Ythan are the only weak heroes. Ythans ability is good but it allows no natural board control. The other hunters have good control and were granted better draw in SF so they are no good. Ythans problems is that he struggles to win the board so has trouble going second (kind of like the old elementalis). Bobcat is helpful here but I haven't seen a good Ythan build yet.

Tala is just not that useful unfortunately. The ability is entirely to expensive for what it does in my opinion. I would never choose her over Boris.
    which old Elementalis are you talking about... the crappy CotC ally ability one (which we still have) or before that with the healing ability (cause that one didnt have a problem with board control running 4 energy discharge and 4 mind controls)
    lil dark riding hood Queen of A1 Evolution in Theory
    Alliance One recruitment thread
    RED
    my EPIC videos
    Evolution in Theory
    SE Card Price Guide - My Deck Building Guide
    all my decks together
    owner of Earthen Protector flavor text
    Caitlyn™: collecting rage quits since 2011

Evolution in Theory

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Power of new heroes, what do you think?

Shervox disables an entire board. That allows your allies already on the board free shots at them. Plus, it is similar to Banebow firing at all opposing allies at once (1 poison damage from the disabled turn and then 1 more when it gets free).

Don't see how that is weak. The Bounty Hunter gimmick might not be what is the best.
    I like my weapons how I like my music. Heavy and metal!
    -Mordekaiser

Writer of Falseblood Cultist and Thriss Crucible flavor texts.