Close

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Im so gonna be the chael sonnen of this league and just talk my way into title fights lol
    A1's Resident Smut Peddler
    Wulven Apprentice Finalist
    Betrayal4life 2-0 Cancer

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I like the word "duel" instead of "championships" because duels is a common phrase in card games. We could make it more like UFC though and every time a player ends his turns he is allowed to hit the other player. That way we are actual combining two sports and players can either win by knockout or the actual game. Only kidding but think it would be more entertaining, lol

Currently working on match ups so competitors except to be getting a PM soon on match ups and information on organization of how the matches will be conducted.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Ururt View Post
    I'm not familiar with UFC.
    What I get from the webpage is that your plan is to have single matchups with two very well known players. They get a lot of preperation time and such, an official time of the match is set. This way you hope to have a lot of interest before the matchup and lots of spectators?

It does seem like a very good idea. You win a few pop ups and tournies then you get a reputation and get a chance to play in USED matches. You get a bio there.

It really allows for a lot more studying of opponents etc and that's where you'll have to put in a lot of work. Every match should be recorded. Get someone to do commentary. Do a victory interview etc. You know anything that can make it a bit of a different experience from the regular tournies.

Keep it to only a set number of players from each guild maybe (you make it exclusive enough then maybe the guilds will hold their own internal qualifiers for being their USED champion after it catches on and so making it even more interesting)
    I like all of this. Spotlighting the premier USED competitors in different ways gives something for the players to be proud about and makes them hungry for those top spots. It also makes their names known to the spectators who can grow attached to those players and then get excited for high-profile duels.

The key is going to be the production and the coverage. If it is done well enough, it will keep the interest of spectators, like me. The more spectators you have interested in USED, the more demand their will be to gain a spot in the competition as a USED competitor.

If this is done right, it could become big. I'm excited to see how this goes!

Props to Black Angel for not only coming up with the idea for this but for having the drive and know-how to get it rolling so quickly.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I really appreciate the kind words SheriffShaq. The first USED event will be coming up soon and I'll do my best but remember I'm new at this so we'll see how it goes. Nether the less I promise to do been each time so I hope I can eventually meet everyone's standards even if I struggle at first.

If anyone has ideas to share or discuss please post them or send me a PM. I'm not afraid of change or positive criticism.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackAngel View Post
    Please delete some messages in your inbox. I cannot send you any messages. Contact me soon so I can send you some information.
    k , lol i just discovered so .. sorry
    IN GAME NAME : A1 Ragosonos

A1's BRUTAL MINOTAUR

Ultimately proud EX-member of A1 leadership

My famous 320+ rated builds :

rag-ajiya
    meta destruction threbin
    competitive blood fang
    zhanna control
    banebow control

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    This sounds great! Great idea!
    White Wolf of Rivia
    Warrior of the Blue Pheonix
    Greatness, Reborn

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    In. If I'm not late....
    IGN: TJ Scout
    Telegram: @shubham1309

"Scout is a hacker we should report him" - SK Trinolcour

Team Juggernauts Recruitment Thread

Link to TJ forum
    IRC

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    In for the next round of matches!
    IGN A1 WrathOfCroft

The Unique Never Assimilate

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by betrayal4life View Post
    Im so gonna be the chael sonnen of this league and just talk my way into title fights lol
    Hey now, Chael Sonnen earned my eternal respect when I saw him get kicked in the nads, shake it off, and win.

So what exactly does it take to enter this Octagon?
    Last edited by Peithoson; 03-02-2014 at 09:00 PM. Reason: EDIT
    Kicker of puppies, slasher of babies, and primordial Elder Lich.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Peithoson View Post
    So what exactly does it take to enter this Octagon?
    There's an application form on the website. Going to have to start getting more strict with applicants soon bc we are already filling our roaster fast. Not a bad thing though means it will be easy for this thing to keep going.