Close

Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Devils Cup (national teams tournament) - SIGNUP

It may be a little bit late to host big tournaments for Dark Prophecies... but since there's not much better to do and a stable version of SF may arrive next year, here we go with the Devils Cup!
    I gotta give credit to the Italian subforum for the initial concept of the tournament.

In this tournament you will represent your country alongside other fellow countrymen, to face other national team and fight together to grab the title and eternal glory

The basic rules are pretty simple:
    • Each team will be formed by 3 members. If more than 3 people will sign-up for that country, I will host a Swiss tournament among them to qualify 3 players for the final round. If there aren't enough players then that country simply won't participate.
    • After the internal qualifyiers, the final stage will be a single elimination tournament involving all teams. We will probably have an odd number of national teams, hence I will have to assign byes. I will give auto-wins for round 1 to countries with the highest number of players at sign-up stage.
    • Spread the word: you need at least 2 fellow countrymen to join the tourney, and as much players as you can to grab an auto-win
    • In case this event will be successful and I will host it again, I will use results from this edition to assign byes before the number of players. Example: Country X reaches top 4 this year; if I will have to assign 4 byes for next event, then I will give one to Country X regardless of how many players they will feature.
    • I cannot expect you to send me a copy of your passports ... so I will trust your origin when you sign up. Just stick to the list of countries recognized by Wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_sovereign_states
    • Prizes: If a qualifying tournament will feature at least 8 players I will ask Wulven for standard prizes. And I will ask Wulven prizes for the final round too. Since participants will be a multiple of 3, probably not an even number in terms of standard prizes, I reserve the right to round prizes up and add prizes for places below the podium.

Signups are now open! (Post your IGN and nation here)

Signup extended deadline: Sunday March 16st, 15:59 GMT+0

I will just give the chance to countries without 3 participants to fullfill a team while other ones are playing Swiss. Signups will proceed with first come, first served policy:
    - max 3 players per team, I won't start other qualifying tournaments
    - max 16 teams, we now have 13
    - max 15 days to signup
    Nation - Players
    Singapore - A1 Atomzed, chrischrischrisc, BP Direwulven
    Australia - TJ Rayzie, ETC Preybird, TJ ragosonos, A1 Astrx
    Argentina - BP Colosal
    Italy - BP Pandevmonium, Lahiri, indastria, Francio888, invernofreddo, TJeroi666, crown11, A1 Poochie
    Croatia - BP lorgi
    Norway - BP Ururt
    Spain - BP Fedon, BP Splainder, Arikiro
    Serbia - ETC Nikola, BP Meeklosh, KarmaObserver
    USA - A1 Peithoson, A1 SamYou2D3ath, TJ WrathOfCroft, TJbetrayal4life, TJ SamuelJ, ETC Outl4w, ETC xGAx, A1 kip thorp, pjoe0211
    Sweden - A1 Stefan
    Netherlands - BP Mip1
    Philippines - A1 Jao, A1 Justicar, BP darkenheart, Berdugo ETC, BP Zeuhl
    Poland - A1 Vyz
    India - TJ daddy is here, BP KoKuJo, BP Deathvan, BP shock69
    Greece - A1 Otto7, BP Holy Punisher, BP Kratylus
    China - BP Vince1992, KA fate of wheel, KA darks, KA van, KA m sey, KA m kakamong, BP Index, KA anubismk2, KA finrain, HLDoris, KA BAORUI, KA mcley, KA m coolking, KA axis, KA q, KA cristalW, KA m oscar, KA neo1900
    Puerto Rico - A1 Creepy, TJ opyo0
    Mexico - A1 Kruxes
    Canada - BP Cuzbot, pasdev
    Japan - A1 Biasair, A1 Tiffblue, BP Hachi
    Russia - TJSleepingDragon, Zvirbliukas, TJ Satanaitis
    Germany - ETC Karlos4, TJ lama77, BP Sorabest, TJ Palestitch
    Malaysia - BP Zhou
    Brazil - BP Ocnarb, A1 Theveta
    Vietnam - Huyhuy, ETC cvMax
    UK - BP Theonecabs, TJ Mongoosey, Hammy Striker
    France - BP Renew, A1 Twio, Hrglug
    Egypt - Rivozzz
    Czech Republic - TJ 4Ak, IKillUKillAll, TJ Punk 1905

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

I will post usual best of 3 rules (no millstalker, repeat draws, blah blah) when I will open dedicated topics for these stages. I will try to enforce 1 week deadline for each round, both for qualifying and final one. I count on players to avoid critical spots and let the tournament run quick, especially for the first stage which will involve players from similar timezones.
    I am TO but I wanna play too, so I will try to use as clean draw methods as possible. I opt for Italian lottery, since they give away 55 random numbers 3 times a week, quite enough to make random pairings during Swiss or single elimination tournaments. I will post links to lottery results when it will be needed.

Qualifying stage

• If a country has exactly 3 players it will skip this round
    • 4 players will compete in a 2 rounds Swiss tournament, 5-8 players will play 3 rounds, 9-16 players will face each other for 4 rounds
    • Every match will be a deck lock best of 3. You can change deck between rounds
    • At the end of the Swiss tournament top 3 players will form the national team and advance to the final round; in case of a tie I will use challonge tiebreaker, then a coin flip
    • In the rare case someone is already sure of his top 3 spot before the end of the Swiss... please act like you don't know that, your national pride is at stake by the way

Final stage

• Once national teams will be decided I will make single-elimination brackets for the final stage
    • I will assign byes to countries with highest number of participants. If there's a tie I will flip a coin
    • Before every round I will also randomly assign pairings between players. Each member of a national team will face another one of the opposing team in a deck lock best of 3
    • Each team cannot use the same hero more than once during a single round. When a round is over you can swap/drop/change/nerf heroes among your team
    • The team which wins 2 or 3 matches out of 3 advances to the next round

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I like to represent Singapore for this tourney probably will have to play swiss to see whether I qualify
    A1's Mustard-Seed Knight of Hope (IGN:A1 atomzed)
    Also a member of PFG1 and PFG2
    Rank #7 in Inaugural Meltdown Tourney
    Singapore Rep for Street Fighter Tournament

"Rapid analysis, accurate judgement, and superb powers of concentration...That is all we need." - Lezard Valeth

Proud member of A1 - Evolution in Theory
    Project Omega - Card Analysis and Strategy Guide

My Articles
    Deck size and Probability - A case for (slightly) bigger deck
    Meltdown Tier and Payout Analysis

1.27 Tournament Champion Raphael Majere's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Atomzed View Post
    I like to represent Singapore for this tourney probably will have to play swiss to see whether I qualify
    Its' kinda surreal to see our flag on that map: we are really a little red dot.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Devils Cup (national teams tournament) - SIGNUP

I never intended to play live server until SF hits but I'm down for this.

Preybird, who's our third??

Edit: Australia
    Last edited by Rayzie; 02-22-2014 at 11:55 PM.
    Elder TJ

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Argentina here but i really doubt that i'll be able to find more from my country in this forum

Anyone wanna adopt me? I don't eat much and i tend to be very quiet

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    IGN: Lahiri
    I'll play for Italy

Quote Originally Posted by Colosal View Post
    Anyone wanna adopt me? I don't eat much and i tend to be very quiet
    If you have an italian granfather you can join us... just like Osvaldo and Camoranesi in the football team XD
    Last edited by Lahiri; 02-22-2014 at 11:54 AM.
    ~~-~~-~~-~~-~~-~~-~~-~~-~~-~~-~~-~~-~~~~-~~-~~-~~-~~-~~

IGN: 17 Shining

1lluminati in 7enebris

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I'd like to join, but I really don't know if there are any active players from around here

put me up for Croatia and we'll see if anyone shows up
    Deluded dreamer of universal Freedom
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    BP Ururt - Norway

Don't think I'll find 3...
    My grandad was Danish and mum has a danish passport tough she's norwegian. I know bobby is danish at least so maybe we can get 3 for a danish team
    Golden Knight of Nee
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Ign: BP Fedon
    Spain
    Escritor Arcano (Ign: BP Fedon gmt+2)

Miembro de la rama hispana de BP
    Warriors of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

To act is easy, to think is hard; act as one thinks is even more difficult. Goethe

Creator:

LDL Tag Team http://www.shadowera.com/showthread....13-00-hs-GMT-0